Duplicate Channel in Guide

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Space_Cowboy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Duplicate Channel in Guide

Post by Space_Cowboy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:55 pm

Somehow I've ended up with duplicate channels in the guide even though the channels are not duplicated in the setup guide. When I try and set a recording, I get conflicts because of the duplicates. I tried to delete the duplicate channels out of the guide, but that ended up messing up the recording settings and my shows ended up not being recorded.

Any advice or help?

Thanks

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:07 pm

Space_Cowboy wrote:Somehow I've ended up with duplicate channels in the guide even though the channels are not duplicated in the setup guide. When I try and set a recording, I get conflicts because of the duplicates. I tried to delete the duplicate channels out of the guide, but that ended up messing up the recording settings and my shows ended up not being recorded.

Any advice or help?

Thanks
I don't know why there are conflicts. Media Center is usually pretty good at only recording one channel. You can merge the two channels into one. Edit channel then Edit listing and select the channel. If you prefer one to the other (if the channels are on different tuners, or one is HD and the other SD) then you can change the priority in Edit Sources.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Try running through TV setup again and see if that takes care of it
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

tomtoth

Post by tomtoth » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:06 pm

This just recently happened to me.. TV setup guide wouldn't work. There was deleting the media files in the temp cache.. Only way I fixed it was with a reinstall. Was faster in the long wrong..