HDMI RF Modulator channel not retained in guide

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Pueblo

HTPC Specs: Show details

HDMI RF Modulator channel not retained in guide

Post by Pueblo » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:39 pm

'Tried looking around the postings, but I can't find a solution to this.
I have W10 pro running WMC just fine on two PCs using latest EPG123 with HDHR Freeview in the UK. This combination is just great, and I donated a couple of weeks ago. I have one small problem however - when I include a signal generated from Technomate TM-RF HDMI RF modulator with a guide number 800 on UK channel 21. In the London area this is open at the moment and fortunately this is the default for the modulator. HDHR finds the channel and includes it in their guide (no guide data, but that's ok). EPG123 also shows 800 but it will not display the channel in the WMC guide unless I check the box in EPG123 client. After a daily update the channel becomes unchecked, so I have to keep re-checking it each time. I can't find anything in WMC to retain this - I'm probably missing something obvious here. I know it may be a rather unusual problem, but does anybody have any ideas?
Thanks, Geoff.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:44 pm

The automatch process will disable channels that do not have guide listings mapped to them. Either turn off automatch, or use the client to map the DUMMY station from the ZZZ123 Dummy Lineup to the channel. There won't be any guide listings, but it will have something mapped to it and the automatch routine will leave it alone.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Pueblo

Post by Pueblo » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:20 pm

Hi Gary,
Thanks for the reply - how do I turn off automatch? I also don't see any way to remap channels. Sorry for being a bit dense - I can handle the electronic stuff, but anything else is going to have to explained in more simple terms.
Thanks,
Geoff.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:31 pm

The automatch setting is part of your scheduled task. To disable it, you will have to delete your current task, disable automatch, and create a new task. In the client, it is the 'Automatch' option for the task, in the configuration gui it is the 'Automatically match stations to channels' option.

For manually matching, reference https://epg123.garyan2.net/install/step3p3/. Basically select the DUMMY station in the ZZZ123 Dummy Lineup on the right side, right-click your HDMI RF modulated channel on the left and select 'Subscribe'.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Pueblo

Post by Pueblo » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:21 pm

Thanks Gary! I think I can actually do that!
Geoff.