Guide Data Outage - 2019 Summer Edition

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
tired_runner

HTPC Specs: Show details

Re: Guide Data Outage - 2019 Summer Edition

Post by tired_runner » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:09 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:23 pm
When doing a TV Setup and it asks to install PlayReady, you can say no and then run the installer afterwards.
Right. But why does PlayReady ask to update periodically? Is this PlayReady software update or PlayReady simply updating crypto keys with your CableCARD?

Space

Post by Space » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:53 am

Had a strange update last night...

Normally WMC downloads guide data for two lineups on my system, the OTA lineup (for local, over the air channels) and the cable lineup (FiOS). However, last night it only downloaded the OTA lineup listings. So now my guide has full listings up to 7/17@8pm, but the OTA channels have listings for two additional days (up to 7/19@8pm).

Anyone else see something like this? I'll have to keep an eye on it...

Space

Post by Space » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:46 am

So, this happened again with today's update, only got a download for OTA listings, not for cable. Is this happening to anyone else?

I want to confirm if it is just me, or if it is a more widespread issue.

Maybe the lineup I'm using for FiOS isn't good anymore?

Bee_Dee_3_Dee

Post by Bee_Dee_3_Dee » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:14 am

i have spectrum cable and both OTA and cable listings DLed normal yesterday and again 2day.

Kenneth Burns

Post by Kenneth Burns » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:38 pm

Space wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:46 am
So, this happened again with today's update, only got a download for OTA listings, not for cable. Is this happening to anyone else?

I want to confirm if it is just me, or if it is a more widespread issue.

Maybe the lineup I'm using for FiOS isn't good anymore?
Something like this started happening to me a couple of years ago. I never figured out why. As a workaround I created a scheduled task in Windows to run mcupdate.exe -uf in the middle of the night. This updates everything as long as WMC isn't recording anything at that time. It's been working great.

To clarify, I get all my channels from cable (Suddenlink in Louisiana), but for some reason only guide data for local channels was downloading. I don't get channels over the air.

Space

Post by Space » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:28 am

This problem seems to be affecting other FiOS users, so I am not sure if that workaround will work for this particular issue, but I will keep it in mind, thanks.

I started a new thread about this here:

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=12292

acegolfer

Post by acegolfer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:28 pm

Was able to set up TV again today.

JohnnyBluRay

Post by JohnnyBluRay » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:20 pm

Anyone else seeing only Local Guide Data updates?

My overall data is good til Tuesday but local channels have data a little further out!

funkshowbrotha

Post by funkshowbrotha » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:08 pm

JohnnyBluRay wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:20 pm

My overall data is good til Tuesday but local channels have data a little further out!
I had this issue with my setup also. I fixed it by running MediaCenterRecoveryTask. This will cause WMC to revert to factory settings. You will need to run TV Setup again and then reconfigure your settings and scheduled recordings

The directions to run MediaCenterRecoveryTask can be found on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=9646&p=100863&hili ... sk#p100863

Space

Post by Space » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:23 am

As described in this post, I had the same problem. It seemed to be "fixed" by running the garbage collection and force download task (not MediaCenterRecoverTask, which I would advise against as a initial attempt at fixing it, as it resets a lot of stuff). I personally allowed the cleanup to run on it's own (normally it runs every 5 days), but some others initiated it manually by running "start /wait c:\windows\ehome\mcupdate.exe -uf -dbgc" in a CMD window.

That being said, when the cleanup happened, I had a successful download the next attempt. But, the next day, the automatic update only updated the OTA listings once again. I watched the day after that and it was fine once again. So I'm thinking there may be server issues, and the problem may be intermittent. As of now, I have a full guide, so even if it has occurred again (I haven't been watching it the past few days), it seems to correct itself and work at least sporadically (some days it downloads both the cable and OTA listings, sometimes just the OTA listings).

JohnnyBluRay

Post by JohnnyBluRay » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:55 pm

funkshowbrotha wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:08 pm
JohnnyBluRay wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:20 pm

I had this issue with my setup also. I fixed it by running MediaCenterRecoveryTask. This will cause WMC to revert to factory settings. You will need to run TV Setup again and then reconfigure your settings and scheduled recordings

The directions to run MediaCenterRecoveryTask can be found on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=9646&p=100863&hili ... sk#p100863
Thanks for the info, this worked like a champ for me, everything is back. Thanks again!