Bein (channel) on FIOS

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
GE01

HTPC Specs: Show details

Bein (channel) on FIOS

Post by GE01 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:05 pm

Recently Bein and FIOS had a contract dispute and we lost Bein programming for a couple of days. As usual the new contract was set and programming returned.

Now the problem.

The Bein channel (596 in my area) shows up as "MSI - Message Channel Programming" with no program info in the guide (Rovi data). Guide updates are fine. Is there any way to force a refresh so the program guide is updated or is this a problem that Rovi has to fix?

Thanks.

Space

Post by Space » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:18 am

GE01 wrote:Recently Bein and FIOS had a contract dispute and we lost Bein programming for a couple of days. As usual the new contract was set and programming returned.

Now the problem.

The Bein channel (596 in my area) shows up as "MSI - Message Channel Programming" with no program info in the guide (Rovi data). Guide updates are fine. Is there any way to force a refresh so the program guide is updated or is this a problem that Rovi has to fix?

Thanks.
Mine is the same way (Freehold, NJ). Looks like this is something TiVo/Rovi has to fix, as the channel is no longer in the lineup (replaced by MSI, as you indicated).

One would hope that since they updated the lineup when the dispute started, that they will update it again now that it is over without any external nudging, but I would not bet on it.

GE01

Post by GE01 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks for the confirmation. I was hoping there was some way we could "force" an update, but I guess we remain at their mercy.

Space

Post by Space » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:44 am

Just an FYI:
Looks like this has been fixed, expect to see the channel added back within the next couple days (TiVo devices use the same data source as WMC, and they got it back, so it should also return to WMC, although perhaps not as quickly as it did for TiVo)...

https://www.tivocommunity.com/community ... up.562594/

GE01

Post by GE01 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:05 am

Yeah ... it's back today (Monday). Normal guide programming has resumed.

Interestingly the MSI channel is still there (channel 596 is listed twice) and the MSI channel seems to be broadcasting Bein's Spanish language station.

Space

Post by Space » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:47 am

It isn't back in my lineup yet, however if I "Edit Sources" for the channel it lists both 596 and 1538 as the channels is will try to tune to. 1538 seems to be the Spanish version of BeIN, although my package does not have this channel subscribed.

I have a lot of channels like that for some reason. I have three tuners (HDHomerun Prime) and it will list the first three tuners with the correct channel, and then another set of 3 (or multiple sets of 3) that list other channel numbers.

I am guessing that if you "Edit Sources" on your MSI channel, it will list channel 1538 for each of your tuners first, and then 596 for each tuner. This is why when you tune to this channel it actually tunes to channel 1538.

waggini3

Post by waggini3 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:11 pm

<t>Hello Green Buttoneers!<br/>
<br/>
Like your good selves the WMC Guide occasionally gives us a curve ball. As a Verizon Fios/SiliconDust OTA/CableCard user the absence of BEinSports (in English) over the last coupla/few weeks has been frustrating (especially if you like LaLiga, MotoGP, World SBK in English (Ray Hudson, you are majesterial!)) . But fear not, I re-run the TV Signal widget on WMC today (9/7/18) and BEinSports on 596 reappeared on the WMC Guide. Hallelujah! Looking forward to the Italian MotoGP this weekend......DVRed it!<br/>
<br/>
For yous techno guys my setup is:<br/>
<br/>
Verizon Fios Router with the Gbps LAN ports<br/>
SiliconDust HD Prime (CableCard 3 Tuners) and Quatro (OTA 4 Tuners)<br/>
Windows 7 Ultimate OS<br/>
2011 Alienware Area 51 PC behemoth (an oldie but a goodie).<br/>
<br/>
Sincerely hope a rerun of the TV Signal widget works for you.<br/>
<br/>
Thanks.</t>