Spectrum, Carmel IN & (others?) - 100% digital ?

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Indymil

HTPC Specs: Show details

Spectrum, Carmel IN & (others?) - 100% digital ?

Post by Indymil » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:27 pm

Effective June 12, Spectrum, Carmel IN (and maybe other places?) supposedly went 100 % digital. I'm using Windows 7 Media Center. I have 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun Primes and 1 Ceton PCI 4 tuner card. I am unable to get numerous channels; some are incorrect as shown in Guide. I called .... they said they're experiencing a high call volume (couldn't speak to a person). Has anyone had similar experiences ??

Space

Post by Space » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:13 pm

I assume you have a CableCard for each of your devices? If so, you can just look at the channel map in any of the devices to see what station is on what channel in your lineup. On the Prime you can see this info here: http://192.168.1.100/lineup.html?show=all
(replace the IP address with the IP address of one of your Primes).

You can then compare that list to the one in the WMC guide and if there are any changes that need to be made to the WMC guide, you can report them to TiVo (I assume you are not using EPG123, if you were, you would report them to Schedules Direct instead).
You can email the changes to lineup@tivo.com Make sure you include your cable company name and what lineup you are using (I assume it is named something like "Spectrum Digital cable Carmel, IN" or something similar).

There should be no reason to contact Spectrum unless you are actually having a problem tuning the channels after the WMC guide has been corrected.

Indymil

Post by Indymil » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:10 pm

HomeRun shows the correct channels. The downloaded Guide does not. I do not use EPG123 .... will try the email route. thanks

Indymil

Post by Indymil » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:27 pm

This is my last post on this subject. My channel listing has not been corrected. I am not sure how to pursue this. If someone has a solution … please share it with the forum.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:41 pm

Wow, 5+ weeks is a ridiculous amount of time to still not have their lineup(s) corrected. I was going off Spectrum's website channel guide for Carmel and comparing to a Rovi supplied guide (http://www.tvguide.com/listings/) and a Gracenote supplied guide (http://tvlistings.zap2it.com). I didn't compare every channel, but the Zap2it guide looks pretty correct.

FWIW: EPG123 will get you the guide listings from Gracenote through Schedules Direct.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Space

Post by Space » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:06 am

I don't know your ZIP code, but I checked several ZIP codes for Carmel, IN on tvguide.com (this website uses the same listing source as WMC does) and cannot find any Spectrum lineups. However after some research it looks like "Bright House" may be the old name, and there are lineups for that (perhaps this may be the problem with TiVo updating your lineup, they don't know that "Bright House" and "Spectrum" are the same).

Since you never mentioned what channels are missing, I am unable to look to see if they are there or not.

But you can do this yourself, go to tvguide.com and input your ZIP code and select your provider to get listings. See if the lineup is correct. If it is correct, then make sure you choose a similarly named lineup in "Set Up TV Signal" in WMC.

If the listings are incorrect on tvguide.com, then you can try different near-by ZIP codes to see if they have lineups that are correct. If you find one, then select the same lineup in WMC to correct your problem (at least temporarily, you can change back to your proper lineup once you notice it is fixed on tvguide.com).