WMC Guide reads "NO DATA AVAILABLE"

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Harriet Tubman

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Harriet Tubman » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:35 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Harriet Tubman wrote:Good afternoon!
I hope you all can help me with something. I have been having an issue with my WMC guide for maybe 14 to 21 days. When I pull up the guide all the channels read "No Data Available." I have followed the steps to update the guide, but still no success in retrieving program data. Any fixes or suggestions? Thanks!

Fyi, I am new to this. I just "shaved" the cord.

Info:
USE HD HOMERUN PRIME
Windows 7 Ultimate
@Harriet: Additional information will be helpful. Is it safe to assume that everything was working for you up until 14-21 days ago? No changes to Windows around that time that could have started the problems? What steps have you followed to update the guide?
Garyan2 Sorry for the lag in the response. I had a conference. The process I followed was to open up WMC then went to Tasks>Settings>TV>Guide> then I selected GET LATEST GUIDE LISTING and waited for the "download" to complete. I got a pop-up saying the "download" was completed, I then closed out of WMC, went to the windows start button and clicked on it, opened up WMC, went to TV>GUIDE...but still got "no data available." I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

garyan2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by garyan2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:51 pm

Harriet Tubman wrote:
garyan2 wrote:
Harriet Tubman wrote:Good afternoon!
I hope you all can help me with something. I have been having an issue with my WMC guide for maybe 14 to 21 days. When I pull up the guide all the channels read "No Data Available." I have followed the steps to update the guide, but still no success in retrieving program data. Any fixes or suggestions? Thanks!

Fyi, I am new to this. I just "shaved" the cord.

Info:
USE HD HOMERUN PRIME
Windows 7 Ultimate
@Harriet: Additional information will be helpful. Is it safe to assume that everything was working for you up until 14-21 days ago? No changes to Windows around that time that could have started the problems? What steps have you followed to update the guide?
Garyan2 Sorry for the lag in the response. I had a conference. The process I followed was to open up WMC then went to Tasks>Settings>TV>Guide> then I selected GET LATEST GUIDE LISTING and waited for the "download" to complete. I got a pop-up saying the "download" was completed, I then closed out of WMC, went to the windows start button and clicked on it, opened up WMC, went to TV>GUIDE...but still got "no data available." I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?
I'm sorry...are you using EPG123? If so, that method won't work to update the guide. The problem will be in your scheduled task or other setup.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io