Simpsons incorrectly marked as a repeat Sunday

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Roginator

HTPC Specs: Show details

Simpsons incorrectly marked as a repeat Sunday

Post by Roginator » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:38 pm

Check your listings. Simpsons SHOULD be new on Sunday March 18. Rovi has it as a repeat.

Roginator

Post by Roginator » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Also, I saw a weird 4-minute episode of Grey's Anatomy at 12:03am on Friday 3/16. Rovi appears to be screwed up.

mwpeterson

Post by mwpeterson » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:44 pm

Same is true for the episode on Sunday March 25. With Rovi you should always double check the listings.

Space

Post by Space » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:48 pm

These type of data issue happen all the time on Rovi. Use "New & Rerun" and you will not be bothered by them.

I think there are so many recently due to the Olympics coverage. All these shows were initially targeted to be broadcast during the Olympics, but then later changed to avoid competing. This caused the OAD for shows that were already on the schedule to be shifted out two weeks. Rovi/TiVo seems to have a problem with updating/changing the OAD once it is set, so none of them get updated.

This problem has been there since day one of Rovi on WMC, and there is no sign that it is being addressed, which I am surprised by, since TiVo boxes also rely on this date to function properly, although they are less affected since they use a 30-day window to determine if a show is new (if OAD is within 30 days of the air date, it is considered NEW), whereas WMC uses only a 7-day window.

EDIT: I just checked and the OAD on this weekends "The Simpsons" is 3/12/2018 which is withn 7-days of the air date (3/18/2018), so it should not be a problem to be picked up by a Series record set to "New" only.

"The Simpsons" is one of the few Series that I have set to "New" instead of "New & Rerun" due to so many repeats of past seasons on the same channel. If I had it set to "New & Rerun" it would want to record way too many repeats. In any case, my "New"-only Series has scheduled this episode to record with no problem, so I am not sure why anyone else would have a problem with it.

Windom

Post by Windom » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Roginator wrote:Also, I saw a weird 4-minute episode of Grey's Anatomy at 12:03am on Friday 3/16. Rovi appears to be screwed up.
This was legit. I use EPG123 and got this "episode" recorded. It was actually just a preview of the Grey's Anatomy spinoff, Station 19.