Guide listings are inaccurate

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
diymommy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide listings are inaccurate

Post by diymommy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:13 am

Hi! I'm new to TGB, but I'm hoping you can offer a solution I haven't tried yet. This is not a new complaint from users from what I can tell.

I have used WMC for years and LOVED it - when it was on my old and now dead HP media center PC running windows XP, that is. My old PC died a couple months ago, shortly after Comcast did some sort of digital switch. I'd gotten the converter box and hooked it up and everything was running fine until the hard drive went. All the channels that showed up had the correct listing data. I just bought a new HP with Windows 7 to replace it. I set up the TV signal and everything works great - except that the guide data is wrong. All the channels are listed, and the networks are on the right channels, but the TV listings are completely wrong - I don't know how many channels this is affecting, but it is a lot. For example, on Channel 2 - PBS, the guide says Nova, but it is really Frontline. I can't record things if the guide doesn't list the right shows, so this pretty much kills the usability for WMC, IMHO.
So far I have checked zap2it.com and the listings all seems to be accurate there for my area/provider. I have reconfigure the TV Signal at least 20 times, trying various zipcodes and provider options. I have manually updated the guide listings. Nothing has worked. I don't know if the particular area makes a difference, but my zip is 37922. The PC did not come with a tuner but we bought an AverMedia tuner and installed it.

I am not a complete novice with computers, but if you have any particularly technical suggestions, please walk me through them slowly!

I appreciate ANY help you all can offer.
Thanks!
Christina

volfan6415

Post by volfan6415 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:27 am

Hey i haven't been in knoxville for awhile. But i know that there are several comcast listings to choose from. (restructured vs. regular) Make sure that you are in fact clicking on the right one.

Quatrix

Post by Quatrix » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:22 pm

By the way, Zap2it is having some kind of problem where the listings don't get updated. Right now they only run through 12/26 (5 days) when there are normally 10 - 12 days of listings.

diymommy

Post by diymommy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:01 pm

OK. Thanks for the input, I have figured it out. Don't laugh... to hard anyway :oops: :)

I spent some more time after posting. (I spent 4 days trying to get this resolved...) and by chance decided to double check the clock on the computer, since it almost seemed that it was just a few hours off. Well - the date was wrong! It was putting up data for the following day. I changed it and voila! Apparently when I went through the initial PC set up I clicked on the wrong date. Guess that's what happens when you try to hurry so you can go make your husband and kids lunch. LOL!

(BTW - I did try the various Comcast listings. They appeared all they same, but obviously this wasn't the problem anyway!)

Thanks again.
Christina