Rovio guide wrong after local channel lineup change

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
ModemGhost

HTPC Specs: Show details

Rovio guide wrong after local channel lineup change

Post by ModemGhost » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:22 pm

I live in Duluth, MN, and due to the sale of some of our local network affiliates, our OTA digital channel lineup changed. After the change, everything on the WMC Rovio guide is correct except for one channel. Our CBS affiliate moved from 3.1 to 6.2. But for some reason, the guide is showing 6.2 to be the same as 6.3, so there are basically two rows in the guide showing the same data. When you tune to 6.2, it's getting the correct signal.

I'm sure this is an issue with Rovio's guide, because tvguide.com has the same problem, and from what I understand, they use Rovio for their guide data as well.

I don't know if there's anything I can do about this, sort of switching to EPG123. I think that may end up happening, but the biggest thing I like about being a cord cutter is not paying any fees. Do you think this is something that Rovio will correct eventually? Does anyone know of any contact info for Rovio to bring this sort of thing to their attention?

Space

Post by Space » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:52 pm

Send an email to ipgcustomersupport@rovicorp.com letting them know your zip code and the name of the lineup you use (service provider) along with what change needs to be made. They should be able to fix it.

Two days before the Olympics started I sent an email to this address asking them to add the two specialty Soccer and Basketball Olympics channels to my lineup; they responded the next day and said they added them, they were there in WMC the day the Olympics started.

And just FYI, the company is called Rovi, not Rovio. Rovio makes the game "Angry Birds".

STC

Post by STC » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:10 pm

...Rovio...

Like. Marketing would have paid tens of thousands for that.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

ModemGhost

Post by ModemGhost » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:40 am

Space wrote:And just FYI, the company is called Rovi, not Rovio. Rovio makes the game "Angry Birds".
Ha ha, oops, my mistake. Thanks for the info, I'll try that email address and see what happens!

ModemGhost

Post by ModemGhost » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:28 pm

So I got a very quick response from Rovi saying that the issue was resolved. At this point, it shows the right callsign for the channel, at least, but the guide for that channel just says "no data available" across the board. I've emailed them again to see what they say.

STC

Post by STC » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:08 pm

If it's anything like the old system there is a delay of a day or two before MS servers get the changes to the consumer
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123