Lost all NBC channels in guide

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Tempus

HTPC Specs: Show details

Lost all NBC channels in guide

Post by Tempus » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:19 pm

Setup: CableCard w/HomeRunPrime HD. Two different Win 7 Media Centers over wired ethernet. About 2 weeks ago, all HD/digital NBC stations disappeared from the listing in Media Center. Looking in the HomeRunPrime itself, I see all the channels just fine. To complicate it even further, I can see them all in VLC as well (although one will not play due to DRM). The missing channels even include the normal local NBC affiliate.

The only place that can't see these channels are the two Win 7 Media Center installs and both dropped them (as far as I can tell) at the same time. I've rerun the Cable Advisor and TV Signal routines. I've even gone so far as to completely blow away one of the media center installs and reran the full MC setup. Still, the NBC digiatl channels are missing.

Could this simply a be a problem with the listing feed for my cable provider? I can't think of any other reason I can see these channels in other ways but they vanished in Media Center.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Tempus wrote:Setup: CableCard w/HomeRunPrime HD. Two different Win 7 Media Centers over wired ethernet. About 2 weeks ago, all HD/digital NBC stations disappeared from the listing in Media Center. Looking in the HomeRunPrime itself, I see all the channels just fine. To complicate it even further, I can see them all in VLC as well (although one will not play due to DRM). The missing channels even include the normal local NBC affiliate.

The only place that can't see these channels are the two Win 7 Media Center installs and both dropped them (as far as I can tell) at the same time. I've rerun the Cable Advisor and TV Signal routines. I've even gone so far as to completely blow away one of the media center installs and reran the full MC setup. Still, the NBC digiatl channels are missing.

Could this simply a be a problem with the listing feed for my cable provider? I can't think of any other reason I can see these channels in other ways but they vanished in Media Center.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Have a look in here....

https://www.silicondust.com/support/troubleshooting/

https://www.silicondust.com/support/tro ... dia-center

Tempus

Post by Tempus » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Thanks Crash for the suggestions. Since the channels all appear in the channel listing from the HomeRunPrime, I went with the idea the Rovi has screwed up my local guide. I loaded epg123 and have all my NBC channels back. Hate having to pay for a service to provide data that should just be available in WMC but it is what it is.