Media Center Calendar Addin

markheaps

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by markheaps » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:36 pm

Also tried Windows Live. After accpting security of live login it pases and then throws an error "Invalid arguemnt = value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'

In any case, if you can get live or google to work that would be great.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:11 pm

markheaps wrote:trying to get this to work, but no suck luck. Installed ok, went to setup Google account, put in user and PW and hit find calendar, that all works. Its when I slect the calendar from the left list and click add it doesn't do anything. If I hit remove or save button it throws an error (my guess is because no calendar is selected). In any case, seems to be an issue with the add button.
Please provide the log. C:\programdata\outlookcalendaraddin

markheaps

Post by markheaps » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:47 pm

There's nothing much in it. Just Begin load, calendar built, checking for update, then finished checkign for updates. Thats it.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:30 am

Version 1.1.5 posted

New link and New Name
https://skydrive.live.com/#!/?cid=fc502 ... 22C3%21282

Note: Because of the name change and google calendar encryption you will be required to resetup the tool after installing

-Micellaneous bug fixes and more error checking in the settings tool
-Adds the ability to turn on and off auto updates
-Encrypts password for google in settings file
-Changes addin name
-No longer requires C to be the system drive
Last edited by sccrgoalie1 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:31 am

markheaps wrote:There's nothing much in it. Just Begin load, calendar built, checking for update, then finished checkign for updates. Thats it.
Please give the new version a go and see if we can at least get some better debugging information if it still doesn't work.

markheaps

Post by markheaps » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:06 pm

Doesn't seem to do anything now. On google I put in info and hit find calendar and nothing happens (where before I would get a list of calendars) seems the list is gone and there is just a remove list. On the Windows live front, I put in creds and it comes up with the name of the account on your tool, but doesn't do anything. This time it errors our looking for Settings.xml in C:\programdata\mediacentercalendarsaddin\settings.xml. Its erros out becuase that path doesn't exist, which it doesn't. The installer never creates it and the error says "Could not find part of path" which makes sense as a result.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:15 am

markheaps wrote:Doesn't seem to do anything now. On google I put in info and hit find calendar and nothing happens (where before I would get a list of calendars) seems the list is gone and there is just a remove list. On the Windows live front, I put in creds and it comes up with the name of the account on your tool, but doesn't do anything. This time it errors our looking for Settings.xml in C:\programdata\mediacentercalendarsaddin\settings.xml. Its erros out becuase that path doesn't exist, which it doesn't. The installer never creates it and the error says "Could not find part of path" which makes sense as a result.
Google calendar only has one list now, if it signs in successfully your userid is added to the list. If not found you should see an error. There has to be something about your setup causing the issues. Thanks for your help in figuring it out.

Need some more info:
Are you installing the app to the default location on the C drive?
What o/s do you have (x86 or x64)?
Are you in the US?
Is the folder above created at all? That is where all the addin images would be stored.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Version 1.1.6 posted

-Fixes bug with google encryption
-Adds additional message box to settings tool to indicate an error on load
-Changes program image

markheaps

Post by markheaps » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:00 pm

I have a fresh windows ulimate 64 bit install and have TV and everything working. I install 1.1.6 fresh using all the defaults. I have 3 files in the program files (x86)/sccrgoalie1\media center calendars addin foler (application.png, outlookcalendar.exe, and regisatrtion.xml).

No foler is created in the c:\programdata folder. It did however create the fodler in d:\programdata for some reason. In any case, made a copy of the files on D: to C:. and ran the program.

Programs opens, Enable google, put in user and PW and click find clendars. This time the list is poulated and I clikc save with no error. I opened the program in media center and it WORKS!!

I am not sure wat the deal is, but the installer put the files in d:\programdata and it would error out obviously. When I copyed the info to the c: drive all is well. Something seems to be hosed in the installer.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:06 pm

markheaps wrote:I have a fresh windows ulimate 64 bit install and have TV and everything working. I install 1.1.6 fresh using all the defaults. I have 3 files in the program files (x86)/sccrgoalie1\media center calendars addin foler (application.png, outlookcalendar.exe, and regisatrtion.xml).

No foler is created in the c:\programdata folder. It did however create the fodler in d:\programdata for some reason. In any case, made a copy of the files on D: to C:. and ran the program.

Programs opens, Enable google, put in user and PW and click find clendars. This time the list is poulated and I clikc save with no error. I opened the program in media center and it WORKS!!

I am not sure wat the deal is, but the installer put the files in d:\programdata and it would error out obviously. When I copyed the info to the c: drive all is well. Something seems to be hosed in the installer.
Thanks for all the info. At least I know exactly where the problem is now, to try and fix it.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:49 pm

markheaps wrote:I have a fresh windows ulimate 64 bit install and have TV and everything working. I install 1.1.6 fresh using all the defaults. I have 3 files in the program files (x86)/sccrgoalie1\media center calendars addin foler (application.png, outlookcalendar.exe, and regisatrtion.xml).

If you have a minute could you run the installer using this command line? You will have to change the location of the installer based on where you saved it. Please post the log it creates (C:\MyLogFile.txt).

msiexec /i "C:\MediaCenterCalendarsAddin 1.1.6.msi" /l*v MyLogFile.txt

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:17 am

Version 1.1.7 posted

-Fixes a bug with focus
-Finishes name change
-Changes icon
-Adds direct support of microsoft exchange if you have auto configuration setup
-Fixes bug in installer which may have cause the program data folder to be installed to the wrong location

.Nico

Post by .Nico » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:41 pm

Tried to install this but the config result is an error: CalendarImages not found.
The folder C:\ProgramData\MediaCenterCalendarsAddin only holds the log file log.log

So how do I get the images?

- Enter hotmail details, it creates an empty settings.xml and settings cannot be saved : file in use error.
- Enter google account, it never finds it.

.Nico

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:58 pm

.Nico wrote:Tried to install this but the config result is an error: CalendarImages not found.
The folder C:\ProgramData\MediaCenterCalendarsAddin only holds the log file log.log

- Enter hotmail details, it creates an empty settings.xml and settings cannot be saved : file in use error.

.Nico
Do you have a secondary hard drive? If so, see if there is a programdata folder there with the images and copy to the c drive? What version are you using?

.Nico

Post by .Nico » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:43 pm

sccrgoalie1 wrote:
.Nico wrote:Tried to install this but the config result is an error: CalendarImages not found.

.Nico
Do you have a secondary hard drive? If so, see if there is a programdata folder there with the images and copy to the c drive? What version are you using?
There is no ProgramData on my F drive. I'm using version 1.1.7

.Nico

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:51 am

hi, the newest version is still installing part of the program on a secondary drive, in my case it was my d drive. however once i copied the contents of the folder back to C everything works fine. Also the focus in the calendar screen seems to work much better.

all super!!

reluctantflux

Post by reluctantflux » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:08 pm

I'm having it install the ProgramData onto my D: drive as well. When I copy it over, though, it still does not work.

Windows 7 x64

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:10 pm

reluctantflux wrote:I'm having it install the ProgramData onto my D: drive as well. When I copy it over, though, it still does not work.

Windows 7 x64
.Nico wrote:
sccrgoalie1 wrote:

.Nico
There is no ProgramData on my F drive. I'm using version 1.1.7

.Nico
bobbob wrote:hi, the newest version is still installing part of the program on a secondary drive, in my case it was my d drive. however once i copied the contents of the folder back to C everything works fine. Also the focus in the calendar screen seems to work much better.

all super!!
New version of 1.1.7 posted. Hopefully will put the programdata folder on the correct drive. Please let me know.

reluctantflux

Post by reluctantflux » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:06 pm

Success! Installed onto the C: Drive.

Awesome app! Thanks!

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:06 pm

reluctantflux wrote:Success! Installed onto the C: Drive.

Awesome app! Thanks!
Fantastic!