Is there a list of current working addins for WMC?

newfiend

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by newfiend » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:52 pm

I have a few plugins backed up on a HDD on my WMC PC I would be glad to share. I also backed up a lot of the files from the old Made for Media Center site before Ian Dixon pulled the plug on it. I know him on twitter, we chat from time to time and he's very nice. I could ask him if I could share what I backed up from there as well. It would give us a small start anyway. We just need to know where and how to do this. I'm all in.. just let me know what's needed.
newfiend~

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:55 pm

STC wrote:Thank you for the butt polish and shine ;)

I'll chat with the rest of the crew and get back to you.
You're welcome pumpkin.. :lol: let us know what the others think. I would be willing to help in any way I can.
newfiend

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:12 am

My channel logos. A must.
Media browser classic.
Revision 3. to bad they stopped tekzilla
relaunch. for youtube/tv, google music, pandora, and the like. btw did anybody get the xbox 360 html5 site working again.
I will have to install heatwave again. good thing I still have the installer.
I gave up on netflix when I picked up my new 60in samsung smart tv. works better for me.
I will also run it until It no longer works. The best whole home dvr and media consumption option period!

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:48 pm

I'd be up for helping with this as well.

Doctor Feelgood what type of hosting?

Thoughts on compiling a torrent of addins?

STC

Post by STC » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:33 pm

After discussion we feel our Wiki section for add-ins is certainly the best place to do this. TBH I had forgotten about the particular section :oops: :

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/wiki/index ... er_Add-ins

Anyone can view as guest. To edit/add, login with your regular TGB credentials (separate db with shared creds).
Please let's setup a separate host for actual files, perhaps a freebie (preferably without advertising! One really nice thing about TGB.tv is not having such banners and half page ads clawing at your psyche).
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:31 pm

I have a server for my sites that has plenty of space and bandwidth... I could setup a simple ftp for a few people to upload files, which could then be available via http download. Or other ideas, if there are any. I do something similar for a car group and a collection of harder to find manuals - http://lx.bigbruin.com - Would b even cleaner if the wiki linked directly to a download file.

mark1234

Post by mark1234 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:35 pm

Stick within the Microsoft world and set up a TGB OneDrive. 15GB of free space, no ads and I think you can link to specific files. You can certainly link to directories, so one app per directory would be a worst case.
Windows Media Centre - Abandoned by Microsoft

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:38 pm

lurch66 wrote:Revision 3
All these years using Media Center I never knew that existed. Pretty nice too!

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:32 pm

mark1234 wrote:Stick within the Microsoft world and set up a TGB OneDrive. 15GB of free space, no ads and I think you can link to specific files. You can certainly link to directories, so one app per directory would be a worst case.
This is an option, as is Dr. Feelgood's offer. It's up to you guys at TGB.tv what you think is best here. Could we possibly get a added header toward the top of the TGB.tv page for a new Download section once we have it all set up and uploaded for mass consumption? Kind of like a "Come check out our new Add-in's for WMC DL section" of sorts? If we get a bunch of people on board contributing this could be good for everyone old and new to WMC. Things like the Revision 3 plugin that even 3rob3 didn't know existed.. (I miss HD Nation) =( but I digress.. could then be found easily. I'm sure there are plugin's I don't even know exist after using WMC 5+ years now. I think this is a good idea no matter how it's implemented and could/should benefit many. I see posts from time to time from people asking what plugin's are available/working still and hopefully this will help.
newfiend~

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:24 am

I'm ok, with either option but I do have one question/reservation about OneDrive, how does it deal with multiply people uploading to the same one drive? Its up to the staff of course, also would it be possible to use both options? Having more than one download option might be nice if something happens to one of the options we wouldn't have to rebuild.

I also would be willing to host the files off a server that I have. It currently is a running a website that isn't visited much so I've got quite a bit of bandwidth to spare. : )

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:05 pm

newfiend wrote:
mark1234 wrote:Stick within the Microsoft world and set up a TGB OneDrive. 15GB of free space, no ads and I think you can link to specific files. You can certainly link to directories, so one app per directory would be a worst case.
This is an option, as is Dr. Feelgood's offer. It's up to you guys at TGB.tv what you think is best here. Could we possibly get a added header toward the top of the TGB.tv page for a new Download section once we have it all set up and uploaded for mass consumption? Kind of like a "Come check out our new Add-in's for WMC DL section" of sorts? If we get a bunch of people on board contributing this could be good for everyone old and new to WMC. Things like the Revision 3 plugin that even 3rob3 didn't know existed.. (I miss HD Nation) =( but I digress.. could then be found easily. I'm sure there are plugin's I don't even know exist after using WMC 5+ years now. I think this is a good idea no matter how it's implemented and could/should benefit many. I see posts from time to time from people asking what plugin's are available/working still and hopefully this will help.
newfiend~
Yea, no question, I would like a spot for people to upload the files to and put some details where it came from (a URL if from another site), we all know that WMC app pages are going down, so if we have access the file that still might work and where it came from incase the chance that it's still being updated.

Awesome idea, let's get this one going. A One Drive would be a good idea, I would prefer something that TGB has control of, as users who lose interest in WMC will just drop support (no offence to anyone here).

I think we would like this to be the portal for everything MCE related, as apps, information and anything you can get....

I think I know about most apps for WMC (The Revision 3 one I have installed and have had it for years now) but, I am sure there are some oddball ones that people use (home made) that I have never heard of an many people could use.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Don't let this die! No matter where this is setup, I'd like to see it happen.

Another thing I found I can do is setup subdomain hosting... So, if your registrar supports it too, WHATEVERYOUWANT.thegreenbutton.tv could be pointed at my server and either FTP access or a full hosting account could be setup for whoever was going to be the manager of this effort...

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:05 pm

We're still looking at all options, there has already been some great input on the wiki.

We obviously need to be careful about hosting certain files / links to files held on servers not controlled by the owner / dev etc..

Then there's the chance that malware etc could creep in if everybody is allowed to upload....

There is also the added workload for tgb staff - hopefully that would be minimal once the project was up and running as there isn't a vast amount of plugins out there.

I think this is a great idea, please give us a bit of time to weigh up all options ...... Team TGB does like to converse at length about stuf!!!!

In the meantime, do please contribute to the wiki and gather file locations etc...
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:15 pm

If anybody has some free time, it would be good to get a list of email addresses / contact details for the devs of plugins which are still being supported / worked on.

Please email or PM me any details you come across and I'll start reaching out to them to see how they feel.
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

STC

Post by STC » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:43 pm

*GO Team TGB*

The Wiki part is usable right now. We don't have to have a place to host files just yet. Please all interested put some time in to listing add-in data with links to original dev sites.
For this to work, we need current data and a small chunk of everyone's time...
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:50 pm

Ok, I started adding and editing some content on the wiki.. please feel free to edit anything you think needs adjusted. I have plenty more to add and will do some more as time allows. This should give us a good starting point I think once everyone has added content. ;)
newfiend~

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:33 am

http://www.timesynctool.com/
Don't know where this would fit in but I find it useful for keeping my time synced with GMT without the need for windows task manager. I had to much trouble getting windows to sync with any kind of regularity. with time sync tool my clock is always right and i don't miss the beginning or end of shows anywhere near as often.

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:05 pm

I've just started to add content and edit the wiki as well, I'll keep adding/editing as time permits. Looking forward to seeing how you going to handle the hard to find programs.
Thanks for everyone's hard work on this.
-Sharks

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:34 pm

Sharks wrote:I've just started to add content and edit the wiki as well, I'll keep adding/editing as time permits. Looking forward to seeing how you going to handle the hard to find programs.
Thanks for everyone's hard work on this.
-Sharks
I edited a few things myself, removing RadioTime (dead 100% now) and editing a few other minor things.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

steveo_in_sd

Post by steveo_in_sd » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:54 pm

It might be worthwhile to keep information about dead plugins in the wiki as well, so that way when the who made that, is it still supported, etc. questions come up, there is a reference to refer to.