Is there a list of current working addins for WMC?

Post Reply
ZippyTheChicken

Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:04 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

Is there a list of current working addins for WMC?

#1

Post by ZippyTheChicken » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:41 pm

as an end user of WMC
I was wondering if anyone keeps track of addins that are
currently supported and working
working but no longer supported

As a potential developer I would be interested in finding working addins that release source to see example code.

I might be interested in working on a solution for free hulu it would depend on how complex that might be.

Thanks

User avatar
DavidinCT

Posts: 1527
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:45 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#2

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:00 pm

ZippyTheChicken wrote:as an end user of WMC
I was wondering if anyone keeps track of addins that are
currently supported and working
working but no longer supported

As a potential developer I would be interested in finding working addins that release source to see example code.

I might be interested in working on a solution for free hulu it would depend on how complex that might be.

Thanks
I would love to see everyone's top 5 currently available Applications for WMC, as I am sure there are a lot of apps that people cant live without but, are still available for download. There is a lot of apps still out there and a lot of people don't know about them. There was a madeformediacenter website but, that is done now.

For Hulu, there is a Hulu Desktop application (not supported anymore but, it does work fine and pulls down current shows), there also is a Media Center plugin for it as well. So with the plugin, it will close WMC, Open Hulu Desktop, then when you exit Hulu desktop it runs WMC again....

http://www.teknowebworks.com/hulu-Windo ... ntegration

The desktop app is pretty remote friendly as well, so it does work with WMC pretty well.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

3rob3

Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:48 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#3

Post by 3rob3 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:31 pm

My top 5:
1. MyChannelLogos (with guide expanded to 10 rows)
2. MediaBrowser Classic
3. Astrotoy7's black theme (http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/04/astrotoy ... enter.html)
4. Built-in Netflix (with the search fix/hack)
5. Relaunch (for launching remote friendly apps/web pages).

User avatar
Doctor Feelgood

Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: NJ

HTPC Specs: Show details

#4

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:15 pm

I don't have many implemented, but all of the following are used regularly on my machines...

1. Heatwave
2. My Movies
3. Amazon Prime Videos
4. My Channel Logos
5. W7 Caller ID

We have Netflix, Relaunch for Youtube / seeing our security cams / etc, and other behind the scenes things like Tuner Salad installed, too.

I am not sure how supported some of these are - they perform their base function and that is all I ask. That applies to things like My Channel Logos and W7 Caller ID. I'd love to see more development on Amazon Prime Video. Pandora is the key area lacking in our house... There have been efforts, but they have been flawed or short lived...

User avatar
DavidinCT

Posts: 1527
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:45 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#5

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:13 pm

Wish MS would wake up and start rebuilding WMC, with the passion of this on a lot of people, a lot of devs would come back and those 100's of missing apps would come back. I've been pegging Microsoft on Twitter but, no replies ever.

It's sad, I used RadioTime all the time and now it's dead, I cant even find a good streaming audio app for WMC any more. Something that can be used on Extenders is important. Sigh, it seems like the end is coming to such a great product, I will be here to the end I am sure.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

User avatar
newfiend

Posts: 2503
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Earth

HTPC Specs: Show details

#6

Post by newfiend » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:32 am

Working add-ins.. Hate to say it but the list is getting shorter.
1) My Channel Logos
2) Heatwave (weather Plugin for WMC) it started working a few months back now and is still currently working for me.
3) Media Browser 3 Server/Classic
4) ReLaunch for Youtube etc.
4) Netflix WMC Add-in with Search Fix.
5) Media Center Studio With this I configured a Launcher for Steam Big Picture Mode for Gaming.
6) Ceton My Media Center App for scheduling TV Recordings when I'm away from Home.
7 ) Hulu Desktop and Hulu launcher from within WMC as mentioned above by DavidinCT.

I, like David wish Microsoft would see the value in WMC and give it new life. I also will use it until I just can't anymore. I just don't see anything else compelling enough to make me abandon it yet.
newfiend~

User avatar
joecrow

Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:34 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#7

Post by joecrow » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:09 pm

1) TunerfreeMCE
2)My Movies
3) My Channel Logos
4)Heatwave
5)MC Shoutcast (a lot of the listed stations no longer work though)

User avatar
DavidinCT

Posts: 1527
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:45 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#8

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:09 pm

So, I was looking around at Sourceforge.net and was looking for WMC stuff, just in case... and found some things, some not updated any more and others that seemed to be updated last year.... Maybe some people have a use for these.

I tried Argus SimpleRadio, it loaded fine but, didn't have a lot of US channels in it (1 actually that didn't work), not sure how to edit them but, if it can it might be useful to add streaming stations to have them in one app.

1. http://sourceforge.net/projects/windows ... =directory
ArgusTV MediaCenter Client

is a Open Source WindowsMedia Center Client for ArgusTV
with this can you view hear Tv or hear Radio Streams ,view delete Recordings from ArgusTV Backend Service or manage Schedules

more Informations are avaible in our Wiki


SimpleRadio

is a OpenSource Windows MediaCenter Addin that allows you hear Web Radio Streams

more Informations are avaible in our Wiki

2. http://sourceforge.net/projects/voyamed ... =directory

Voya Media is free, open-source and provides one central place to browse, search, play and organize all your media files. Voya Media can be used as the primary media player in any Windows PC, it can be controlled using a Media Center remote control or using the traditional mouse and keyboard.

3. http://sourceforge.net/projects/asiowmp ... =directory
ASIOWmpPlg is a Windows Media Player plugin that plays incoming audio through a user-selectable ASIO device. The Windows Media Center application is also supported.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

User avatar
DavidinCT

Posts: 1527
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:45 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#9

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:19 pm

(can only have 3 URLs in a post)

4. http://www.blog.retrosight.com/Veronica ... endum.aspx
Veronicas Radio, Time+Date (Veronicas Radio is freaking cool, if the radio stations work is a different story, worth installing just to check out)
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

User avatar
newfiend

Posts: 2503
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Earth

HTPC Specs: Show details

#10

Post by newfiend » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:05 am

Has anyone here at the GB.tv thought about creating a Plug-in Download section with known working plugins that are free or paid? (with off site links to paid options etc.)
With WMC plugin's getting harder to find it would be nice to have a section on here with a File Download section possibly? I'm sure there are a lot of different plugin's people use and could contribute.
newfiend~

User avatar
DavidinCT

Posts: 1527
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:45 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#11

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:18 am

newfiend wrote:Has anyone here at the GB.tv thought about creating a Plug-in Download section with known working plugins that are free or paid? (with off site links to paid options etc.)
With WMC plugin's getting harder to find it would be nice to have a section on here with a File Download section possibly? I'm sure there are a lot of different plugin's people use and could contribute.
newfiend~
Good idea, I don't have any part in this site but, a download section so people can upload the apps they found, with a little details on each to give where you got it from (to give credit to the devs).

Apps for WMC are getting harder and harder to find by the day, so if we can find a way to get them all (at least what we can find) in one place it would be awesome.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

User avatar
newfiend

Posts: 2503
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Earth

HTPC Specs: Show details

#12

Post by newfiend » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:20 am

DavidinCT wrote:
newfiend wrote:Has anyone here at the GB.tv thought about creating a Plug-in Download section with known working plugins that are free or paid? (with off site links to paid options etc.)
With WMC plugin's getting harder to find it would be nice to have a section on here with a File Download section possibly? I'm sure there are a lot of different plugin's people use and could contribute.
newfiend~
Good idea, I don't have any part in this site but, a download section so people can upload the apps they found, with a little details on each to give where you got it from (to give credit to the devs).

Apps for WMC are getting harder and harder to find by the day, so if we can find a way to get them all (at least what we can find) in one place it would be awesome.
I agree.. I'll see if I can poke STC.. He kinda likes me.. from time to time... haha :)

EDIT: Ok PM sent to STC.. Couldn't hurt to ask .. right?

User avatar
STC

Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:58 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#13

Post by STC » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:20 am

Thank you for the butt polish and shine ;)

I'll chat with the rest of the crew and get back to you.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Sharks

Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:35 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#14

Post by Sharks » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:50 am

I've been personally collecting as many as I can find working or not. You never know when or if something will magically stop or start working. (See Hulu Desktop.)

User avatar
joecrow

Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:34 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#15

Post by joecrow » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:11 pm

DavidinCT wrote: I tried Argus SimpleRadio, it loaded fine but, didn't have a lot of US channels in it (1 actually that didn't work), not sure how to edit them but, if it can it might be useful to add streaming stations to have them in one app.
I downloaded this and gave it a try too (possible replacement for the dying MCShoutcast, installed OK and put menu items (Argus TV & Radio) in MCE but that was it, everything was empty! Of "Simple Radio there was no trace. I got the impression I needed the Argus backend and gave up as I don't have that. How did you get it working I could not find a setup or anything? :thumbdown:

User avatar
DavidinCT

Posts: 1527
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:45 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#16

Post by DavidinCT » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:52 am

joecrow wrote:
DavidinCT wrote: I tried Argus SimpleRadio, it loaded fine but, didn't have a lot of US channels in it (1 actually that didn't work), not sure how to edit them but, if it can it might be useful to add streaming stations to have them in one app.
I downloaded this and gave it a try too (possible replacement for the dying MCShoutcast, installed OK and put menu items (Argus TV & Radio) in MCE but that was it, everything was empty! Of "Simple Radio there was no trace. I got the impression I needed the Argus backend and gave up as I don't have that. How did you get it working I could not find a setup or anything? :thumbdown:
I installed it on another computer just to try it again (I have WIn7 Pro at work with MCE installed and that is where I tested it), I went into the Extras area and ran it, it shows a bunch of German radio stations, and they seem to work(at least the 2 I tried). They only show 1 US station and it does not work (gives an error cant access stream).

I was kind of thinking if it stored the URLs for the streams local, if they could be edited, it might be useful to setup your own URLs for streaming audio. Not sure if there is a server it's running off, or it's local. I'm not a programmer sad to say but, still thinking about trying to learn MCL to create some WMC apps but, Not sure I would make any money off it so I still question it...
STC wrote:Thank you for the butt polish and shine ;)

I'll chat with the rest of the crew and get back to you.
Thanks it would be nice to have a new spot to keep all the WMC apps we find !
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

User avatar
joecrow

Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:34 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#17

Post by joecrow » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:14 am

DavidinCT wrote:
I installed it on another computer just to try it again (I have WIn7 Pro at work with MCE installed and that is where I tested it), I went into the Extras area and ran it, it shows a bunch of German radio stations, and they seem to work(at least the 2 I tried). They only show 1 US station and it does not work (gives an error cant access stream).

I was kind of thinking if it stored the URLs for the streams local, if they could be edited, it might be useful to setup your own URLs for streaming audio. Not sure if there is a server it's running off, or it's local. I'm not a programmer sad to say but, still thinking about trying to learn MCL to create some WMC apps but, Not sure I would make any money off it so I still question it...
Curious! I tried it again on my desktop Win7 prox64 with MCE but just the same 2 new rows of menu items all empty and nothing in Extras. Maybe because I have mcShoutcast installed, sad, from your test it looks like it might have potential.
BTW I reside in Germany so you would have thought I could get the local stations! :cry:

User avatar
STC

Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:58 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#18

Post by STC » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Regarding a plugin section has anyone considered the Wiki?

Maintaining it would be the responsibility of all interested.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

User avatar
Doctor Feelgood

Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: NJ

HTPC Specs: Show details

#19

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:27 pm

Can files go up on the Wiki? I think this needs to be done before things disappear.

If needed - I could provide plenty of hosting space for the files.

User avatar
STC

Posts: 6808
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:58 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#20

Post by STC » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:46 pm

Links to them hosted elsewhere would work best as we need to keep an eye on bandwidth.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Post Reply