Total Media Theater discontinued by Arcsoft

christoph86

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by christoph86 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:08 am

Rip your blu rays or get a standalone. I don't see the issue. 3 d maybe, but isn't that so 2011? or 1985? I have PowerDVD 13 and rarely use it. I consider it one of my most wasted purchases (that and my blueberry plant that died before it produced a single blueberry, but you get my point)

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:24 pm

christoph86 wrote:Rip your blu rays or get a standalone. I don't see the issue. 3 d maybe, but isn't that so 2011? or 1985? I have PowerDVD 13 and rarely use it. I consider it one of my most wasted purchases (that and my blueberry plant that died before it produced a single blueberry, but you get my point)
I agree with this.. to a point. I have a lot of stuff ripped. But I also have a lot of DVD's and Blu-Rays I don't want ripped that I may (or kids may) want to watch. I have a server but I don't want to add "every" movie to it. I just want the ability to watch a Blu-Ray disk(s) if and when I want to and make some use of that Blu-Ray drive I purchased. :)
newfiend~

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:47 am

For the record, I have kids--and I've never, not once, had the issue of "they want to grab the keyboard and start surfing the web".

Ever.

The TV is the TV, and that's all it is.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:45 pm

adam1991 wrote:For the record, I have kids--and I've never, not once, had the issue of "they want to grab the keyboard and start surfing the web".

Ever.

The TV is the TV, and that's all it is.
Your kids aren't "my kids".. lol although I may threaten to strangle them.. they know I'm full of it...haha

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:00 pm

mcewinter wrote: I never even spin a disc in
I have a few BlueRays that I wanted to copy to the hard drive. What would you suggest I use to accomplish that?

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:54 pm

Crash2009 wrote:
I have a few BlueRays that I wanted to copy to the hard drive. What would you suggest I use to accomplish that?
I use a combination of tmt5, anydvd, mount image by mikinho, and virtual clone drive (for iso).

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:46 am

mcewinter wrote:
Crash2009 wrote:
I use a combination of tmt5, anydvd, mount image by mikinho, and virtual clone drive (for iso).
Got a link to a good set of directions?

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:55 am

It's really as simple as acquiring and installing the software. I bought a lifetime subscription at half price, on sale, for AnyDVD some time ago; that'll be your biggest expense.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:56 am

mcewinter wrote:It's really as simple as acquiring and installing the software. I bought a lifetime subscription at half price, on sale, for AnyDVD some time ago; that'll be your biggest expense.
Do I need all this other stuff?

or...

just AnyDVD HD
Attachments
AnyDVD.JPG

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:20 am

AnyDVD HD is the only one you need. You can get virtual clone drive for free from the same site, if you're Blu-ray are ISOs.

I just realized you're trying to copy...not playback. I still use AnyDVD, but the process is automated with MyMovies on my WHS, which also requires a purchase. They use a point system, so you'll need to purchase enough points. It also works on Windows, not just whs. You will have to research on slysofts site on how to use their offerings if MyMovies is not for you. With AnyDVD installed, you can use any disc copy software.

I have to say, I love my setup. I can throw any disc in my server, dvd, bd, and/or music, and it automatically copies my discs in a pre-determined format to a pre-determined folder. The only button I press is the open button on my Rom drive. When it's finished, it simply ejects the disc.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:52 pm

mcewinter wrote:
Crash2009 wrote:
I have all of the above except anydvdHD but am loading Blu-ray ISO from EMC for 3D Blu-rays only. I use makeMKV for most everything else. For whatever reason I cannot get the ISO's to properly mount.

Cross Posted..

Scenario:

Using EMC (Media Browser Classic in WMC).
Loading External Players.

Issues:
1. When loading MPC-HC with MadVR from EMC it sometimes starts to play audio only but sometimes plays fine. I either need to right click a mouse (not very reasonable as this is supposed to be all controlled with a remote) to get the file to play or I need to try repeatedly by stopping the playback and starting over from one to three times to get video playback.

2. ISO mounting. I have the configurator set to load TMT5 set for playback for ISO only and I have Elaborate Bytes Virtual Clone Drive set as the ISO mounter in the ISO and Extender tab. I have Mikhano's ISO mounter for WMC also installed. The iso's are not mounting nor playing back, unless I mount them prior to loading EMC which is not good as EMC loads when WMC loads when I Select HTPC on my Harmony Remote.

Any assistance would be appreciated..

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:19 am

mcewinter wrote:AnyDVD HD is the only one you need. You can get virtual clone drive for free from the same site, if you're Blu-ray are ISOs.

I just realized you're trying to copy...not playback. I still use AnyDVD, but the process is automated with MyMovies on my WHS, which also requires a purchase. They use a point system, so you'll need to purchase enough points. It also works on Windows, not just whs. You will have to research on slysofts site on how to use their offerings if MyMovies is not for you. With AnyDVD installed, you can use any disc copy software.

I have to say, I love my setup. I can throw any disc in my server, dvd, bd, and/or music, and it automatically copies my discs in a pre-determined format to a pre-determined folder. The only button I press is the open button on my Rom drive. When it's finished, it simply ejects the disc.
I just realized, I owe you a Thank-you. A couple things blew up, and I forgot to get back to it. Just installed TMT on 10. Haven't done much testing yet, but it appears to open and close fine.

joecrow

Post by joecrow » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:41 pm

Crash2009 wrote:
Just installed TMT on 10. Haven't done much testing yet, but it appears to open and close fine.
I am very interested to know how you get on. I tried TMT6 with Win 10 in the early days and ran into a very hard error relating to the graphics driver (first AMD one with Win 10 support), subsequently after a couple of AMD updates and the TH2 win update it now runs OK in desktop mode but I do get intermittent BSODs (Critical Structure Corruption) when I play BD3Ds in MCE (Metro) mode, longest it ever played was ca. 15 minutes :( , the same video/disk plays all the way through from the desktop.
I am still hopefull that TMT will work fully for a while longer with Win 10.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:33 pm

I never had any luck playing TMT6 through WMC in Win7, All I use it for on Win7, is to play 3D to the projector.

I was trying to play 2D, directly through TMT6 on Win10. Got the same error as you. I didn't even get 15 minutes. I'll try adding Part 2 of the install mediaimpression3.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:35 pm

I installed MediaImpression3, which is the MediaManager plug-in for TMT. Played OK for about an hour. Win10 flashed something on the screen and re-booted. I think it was that same error. The thing I did notice was that the sound was having a big problem, It sounded like there was a short or something. Like when you half-plug a guitar into an amp. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I'll see if WMC does any better, but I doubt it.
Attachments
Tmt005.jpg

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:09 pm

Seems to be easier in 10 than 7. Mine shows the Avatar DVD in Movies, thanks to YAMM. Hit it and it plays.

We will see if it makes it to the end without blowing up.
Attachments
Tmt009.jpg
Tmt008.jpg

joecrow

Post by joecrow » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:37 pm

Sounds promising. I'm using Media Portal these days the internal player will play Bluray OK (no menues and you need to have AnyDVD running) but not 3D. I can specify TMT6 as the player for my 3D movies in either the MCE (Metro) mode or desktop, intergration is as you would expect is much nicer in the Metro mode but as I mentioned it crashes out with BSODs (Critical Structure Corruption) sometimes very quickly or at best 15 mins. In the setup I found it worked better if I did not allow Internet access and disabled auto refresh rate changer. I have tried running in Metro mode without Media Portal but still get the same problem. It looks to me like the Win 10 graphics drivers have an issue, it has certainly improved since the ealy days when I could not get TMT to play anything. I only have AMD so no idea if the same is true for Nvidia, what do you have? Going back to a pre Win 10 driver does not seem to be an option as Windows 10 just seems to update it almost immediately :wtf: that is a feature which I find very annoying!
I will keep you posted here if I have any luck.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:11 pm

Made it to the end. Well, I guess the trick is.....install Part 1, and Part 2, activate both. Don't even bother trying to run TMT6. Go straight to WMC/then the Movie Section/and click the DVD.

I am running this on Win7...upgrade to 10... (.NET 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 installed in Features) Ported WMC v11, and TMT6 with MI3 plug-in (2 posts up).

I am going to have to figure out how to disable the laptop's screen, then move it over into the Media Room, and test 3D. As I recall there was a lot of trial and error with that one. I believe I had to go 3D manual mode on both TMT and the projector software.

I am running this on an old I3 with Intel HD Graphics.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:22 pm

I guess I wont be testing 3D for awhile. My old I3 has no BlueRay. DVD Burner only.

I just thought of something.....Maybe WMC did this all by itself. Maybe I don't even need TMT. Come to think of it the TMT plug was not in WMC at all. TMT blew up twice, just like you said it would causing... Critical Structure Corruption in Win 10.