- Re-built and re-designed for iOS7 - faster, smoother, stunning visuals
- Stream music, pictures and videos from a home PC to iPhone or iPad - anywhere.
- Browse the TV Guide and schedule recordings.
- Manage existing recordings
- Watch previously recorded TV shows.
- Use an AppleTV as an extender to watch recorded TV shows
- Most major video formats supported; streamed in near-HD quality
- Universal app for both iPhone and iPad - no need to purchase multiple copies.
- Browse your home music library, listen to songs streamed direct from your PC.
- View your home photo library; download or email pictures to friends.
- Sync up albums and songs for offline access.
- AirPlay support – stream your stuff directly to a television via Apple TV.
I'll also deal with what I imagine will be a common question: "why is this not a free upgrade", especially considering that I no longer have the time to actively develop/support the free server software.
The answer is part-financial, part-technical. The existing app has, historically, been upgraded for previous new versions of iOS; to date I have ensured compatibility with iOS4, iOS5 and iOS6. Unfortunately, providing free lifetime upgrades would not be an economically viable option for me. There are also some technical limitations that would make it very hard for me to maintain support for the older versions of iOS while simultaneously taking advantage of the new features of iOS7.
I know that won't please everybody, but there you go! I hope that users who do choose to go ahead enjoy the new app.