Remote Potato Addin (Version 2.1.3)

sccrgoalie1

Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

Re: Remote Potato Addin (Version 2.0.8)

#221

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:01 am

mmoreno79 wrote:I just installed the latest update and it is great! I tried out the new feature to override the native guide and that worked well also; however, I wanted to switch back to the normal guide, so I turned the override off. After rebooting, my guide button no longer works. How can I get it back?
Hmm...in my testing that worked fine. I've turned it on and off several times without issue. Can you check the error log? C:\programdata\sharedguideserver\guidepagelog

sccrgoalie1

Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#222

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:02 am

wally007 wrote:
sccrgoalie1 wrote:
staknhalo wrote:I don't use your plugin, but I gotta say - you're on point with support/updates. Good job :thumbup:
Honestly, I don't use it either, just a hobby project for me. I do my best to respond to user requests whenever possible :)

I dont use it either... yet. I hope to in few weeks....

Since Sky UK is getting ready to dump any possible way of getting their subscription in WMC/Media Portal, I think its right time to look for alternatives.
My family already pays for Fiber in Los Angeles, so I will just setup little server in the closet when I'm over and get my TV fix that way... ( UK TV, save for football and F1, is pretty much watered down version of US TV anyway... and they dont even have " It's always Sunny ... " here yet .. ? )

off topic , sorry.

I havent installed 2.0.8 yet, so I ask, is 'Other Showings' showing properly ?
Nope. Hopefully in the next update.

sccrgoalie1

Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#223

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:04 am

barnabas1969 wrote:
sccrgoalie1 wrote:
staknhalo wrote:I don't use your plugin, but I gotta say - you're on point with support/updates. Good job :thumbup:
Honestly, I don't use it either, just a hobby project for me. I do my best to respond to user requests whenever possible :)
Huh????

The dev of this product doesn't use it???

W T F?
Testing purposes only. I use the extender model, but softsled has always been a desire of mine and this moves us closer.

mmoreno79

Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:44 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#224

Post by mmoreno79 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:35 am

sccrgoalie1 wrote:
mmoreno79 wrote:I just installed the latest update and it is great! I tried out the new feature to override the native guide and that worked well also; however, I wanted to switch back to the normal guide, so I turned the override off. After rebooting, my guide button no longer works. How can I get it back?
Hmm...in my testing that worked fine. I've turned it on and off several times without issue. Can you check the error log? C:\programdata\sharedguideserver\guidepagelog
I've copied and pasted the error log below. There were actually an additional 30 errors or so after 5:55pm but they were all the same. To be quite honest, I'm not even sure if this shows the exact error (if there was any) because I used MCE Reset Toolbox to reset WMC after this happened. That obviously didn't work though.

I attempted to re-enable the override, then re-disable, but that didn't work either.

Error 7/28/2013 5:09:30 PM System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SharedGuidePotato.RemotePotato.HandleGetTVShowsForAllChannelsFromServerOnSelectedDate(String txtResponse)
at SharedGuidePotato.RemotePotato.GetTVShowsForAllChannelsFromServerOnSelectedDate(DateTime date)
at SharedGuidePotato.GuidePage.GoToMenu()
Error 7/28/2013 5:11:24 PM System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SharedGuidePotato.RemotePotato.HandleGetTVShowsForAllChannelsFromServerOnSelectedDate(String txtResponse)
at SharedGuidePotato.RemotePotato.GetTVShowsForAllChannelsFromServerOnSelectedDate(DateTime date)
at SharedGuidePotato.GuidePage.GoToMenu()
Error 7/28/2013 5:11:30 PM System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SharedGuidePotato.RemotePotato.HandleGetTVShowsForAllChannelsFromServerOnSelectedDate(String txtResponse)
at SharedGuidePotato.RemotePotato.GetTVShowsForAllChannelsFromServerOnSelectedDate(DateTime date)
at SharedGuidePotato.GuidePage.GoToMenu()
Error 7/28/2013 5:55:31 PM Microsoft.MediaCenter.TV.Epg.LineupException: TV is not configured
at Microsoft.MediaCenter.TV.Epg.Lineup..ctor()
at SharedGuidePotato.GuidePage.LaunchLiveTV(SlideDetails selected, Int32 row, Int32 item)

sccrgoalie1

Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#225

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:44 am

mmoreno79 wrote:
sccrgoalie1 wrote:
mmoreno79 wrote:I just installed the latest update and it is great! I tried out the new feature to override the native guide and that worked well also; however, I wanted to switch back to the normal guide, so I turned the override off. After rebooting, my guide button no longer works. How can I get it back?
Hmm...in my testing that worked fine. I've turned it on and off several times without issue. Can you check the error log? C:\programdata\sharedguideserver\guidepagelog
I've copied and pasted the error log below. There were actually an additional 30 errors or so after 5:55pm but they were all the same. To be quite honest, I'm not even sure if this shows the exact error (if there was any) because I used MCE Reset Toolbox to reset WMC after this happened. That obviously didn't work though.

I attempted to re-enable the override, then re-disable, but that didn't work either.
Do you have a oldregkey in the SharedGuideSettings.xml file? If so, paste it here so I can take a look.

mmoreno79

Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:44 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#226

Post by mmoreno79 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:00 am

sccrgoalie1 wrote:
mmoreno79 wrote:
sccrgoalie1 wrote: Hmm...in my testing that worked fine. I've turned it on and off several times without issue. Can you check the error log? C:\programdata\sharedguideserver\guidepagelog
I've copied and pasted the error log below. There were actually an additional 30 errors or so after 5:55pm but they were all the same. To be quite honest, I'm not even sure if this shows the exact error (if there was any) because I used MCE Reset Toolbox to reset WMC after this happened. That obviously didn't work though.

I attempted to re-enable the override, then re-disable, but that didn't work either.
Do you have a oldregkey in the SharedGuideSettings.xml file? If so, paste it here so I can take a look.
Here ya go, thanks for taking a look at this:

<oldregkey>01-00-00-00-04-00-1E-02-00-00-00-04-00-1F-03-00-00-00-04-00-20-04-00-00-00-04-00-21-05-00-00-00-04-00-22-06-00-00-00-04-00-23-07-00-00-00-04-00-24-08-00-00-00-04-00-25-09-00-00-00-04-00-26-00-00-00-00-04-00-27-0B-00-00-00-04-00-28-0A-00-00-00-04-00-29-1D-00-00-00-04-02-25-1C-00-00-00-04-02-20-1F-00-00-00-04-00-51-1E-00-00-00-04-00-52-21-00-00-00-04-00-4F-20-00-00-00-04-00-50-22-00-00-00-04-00-28-4E-00-00-00-01-08-02-0F-00-00-00-01-09-02-23-00-00-00-01-24-02-3B-00-00-00-01-04-02-16-00-00-00-01-B0-00-18-00-00-00-01-B1-00-17-00-00-00-01-B2-00-14-00-00-00-01-B3-00-15-00-00-00-01-B4-00-1A-00-00-00-01-B5-00-1B-00-00-00-01-B6-00-19-00-00-00-01-B7-00-6E-00-00-00-01-CD-00-10-00-00-00-01-E9-00-11-00-00-00-01-EA-00-0E-00-00-00-01-E2-00-26-00-00-00-04-03-0A-12-00-00-00-01-9C-00-13-00-00-00-01-9D-00-0C-00-00-00-03-82-00-29-00-00-00-03-83-00-2A-00-00-00-03-82-00</oldregkey>

sccrgoalie1

Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#227

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:12 am

Sorry, I had you check the wrong log, check the settings page log. The key you posted appears to be fine.

mmoreno79

Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:44 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#228

Post by mmoreno79 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:11 am

That log is actually empty. That's not good is it.

mmoreno79

Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:44 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#229

Post by mmoreno79 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:57 am

I'm not exactly sure what the default keystroke is to bring up the guide but based on the OldRegKey values for 26 (guide), the keystroke was CTRL+SHIFT+G. That didn't bring the guide up but CTRL+G did. I went into the key and changed the bit from 03 to 01, rebooted and that worked.

If this isn't the default combination, I'd like to see what to official fix is because I'd rather go with that approach.

Thanks again.

sccrgoalie1

Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#230

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:08 pm

mmoreno79 wrote:I'm not exactly sure what the default keystroke is to bring up the guide but based on the OldRegKey values for 26 (guide), the keystroke was CTRL+SHIFT+G. That didn't bring the guide up but CTRL+G did. I went into the key and changed the bit from 03 to 01, rebooted and that worked.

If this isn't the default combination, I'd like to see what to official fix is because I'd rather go with that approach.

Thanks again.
This is original key

26-00-00-00-01-8D-00

It seems the method I am using to store the old key got messed up somehow when you did it. The Old Reg Key you posted isn't the old reg key but rather the one I changed it too. I'm going to change the method I use for changing it back which should prevent this issue going forward.

sccrgoalie1

Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#231

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:17 am

Version 2.0.9 released

-Update scrollers for more smooth scrolling
-Fix issue with guide button override

sensij

Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:48 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#232

Post by sensij » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:11 pm

I'm still learning my way around Windows 8 and am having trouble installing the 2.0.9 version. When I try to run the installation .msi, it hangs during "Starting Services" and then bails out of the installation. It suggests that my privileges are not sufficient to start the services, but I've tried running this from the "hidden" administrator login and it still behaves the same way. I've also enabled "run as administrator" in the context menu for the non-admin accounts but get the same error. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jason

sccrgoalie1

Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#233

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:52 am

sensij wrote:I'm still learning my way around Windows 8 and am having trouble installing the 2.0.9 version. When I try to run the installation .msi, it hangs during "Starting Services" and then bails out of the installation. It suggests that my privileges are not sufficient to start the services, but I've tried running this from the "hidden" administrator login and it still behaves the same way. I've also enabled "run as administrator" in the context menu for the non-admin accounts but get the same error. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jason
I'll take a look but I'm not sure these installers work on win 8. I may just post Windows 8 specific installers.

sensij

Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:48 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#234

Post by sensij » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:59 am

Ok, thanks for sharing your work on this! I threw another test case at it... my wife's Windows Vista Laptop iss not a OEM media center edition although we have updated it with the TV Media pack that Microsoft made available. Media Center runs fine, but randomly pukes all over the HDHomerun Prime when I try to watch CableCard channels through it directly. The Remote Potato addin could be nice here too, but the installer doesn't recognize that Media Center is installed. Is there a particular directory it needs to be in, or some other detection flag that I can set?

sccrgoalie1

Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#235

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:06 am

sensij wrote:Ok, thanks for sharing your work on this! I threw another test case at it... my wife's Windows Vista Laptop iss not a OEM media center edition although we have updated it with the TV Media pack that Microsoft made available. Media Center runs fine, but randomly pukes all over the HDHomerun Prime when I try to watch CableCard channels through it directly. The Remote Potato addin could be nice here too, but the installer doesn't recognize that Media Center is installed. Is there a particular directory it needs to be in, or some other detection flag that I can set?
Vista is a no go. Sorry.

sccrgoalie1

Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#236

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:25 pm

sccrgoalie1 wrote:
sensij wrote:I'm still learning my way around Windows 8 and am having trouble installing the 2.0.9 version. When I try to run the installation .msi, it hangs during "Starting Services" and then bails out of the installation. It suggests that my privileges are not sufficient to start the services, but I've tried running this from the "hidden" administrator login and it still behaves the same way. I've also enabled "run as administrator" in the context menu for the non-admin accounts but get the same error. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jason
I'll take a look but I'm not sure these installers work on win 8. I may just post Windows 8 specific installers.
I think you must still have some kind of privilege issue. I tried the installer on Win 8 and it works just fine. Maybe you can check a few things?

1. Check in the C:\ProgramData\SharedGuideServer\SharedGuideService.log
2. Run the installer via msiexec verbose logging

See if those provide you with a clue as to what is going on.

sensij

Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:48 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#237

Post by sensij » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:27 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. #1 was no-go, the installer rolls back on the failed installation, so the directory and log file are not kept.

#2 got results. I put the installer into c:\ and ran msiexec with the /a and /l parameters. Somehow, the msi file copied itself from the c:\ to my e:\ partition and installed there. All of the files installed, but it didn't work because the O/S is on C:\. I'll need to spend some more time with the msiexec log to figure out why it did that. Encouraged to have gotten no errors, I went back and ran the msi file directly, and installed to the default c:\program files (x86) location. Avast jumped in and sandboxed it when the services were started, but once it let go the installation completed successfully. I checked it in WMC, and the Shared Guide options are available.

From my original post on this to now, I have installed Avast, Media Browser, DVRMS Toolbox, the DTB add-in, Dirmon2, and Comskip. To install Media Browser, I also had to install .net 3.5. I'm not sure if any of those affected the Shared Guide install, or if it is something that the command line msiexec accomplished.

Anyway, this is a great add-in and thanks for sharing it and for the support.

sccrgoalie1

Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#238

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:47 pm

sensij wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. #1 was no-go, the installer rolls back on the failed installation, so the directory and log file are not kept.

#2 got results. I put the installer into c:\ and ran msiexec with the /a and /l parameters. Somehow, the msi file copied itself from the c:\ to my e:\ partition and installed there. All of the files installed, but it didn't work because the O/S is on C:\. I'll need to spend some more time with the msiexec log to figure out why it did that. Encouraged to have gotten no errors, I went back and ran the msi file directly, and installed to the default c:\program files (x86) location. Avast jumped in and sandboxed it when the services were started, but once it let go the installation completed successfully. I checked it in WMC, and the Shared Guide options are available.

From my original post on this to now, I have installed Avast, Media Browser, DVRMS Toolbox, the DTB add-in, Dirmon2, and Comskip. To install Media Browser, I also had to install .net 3.5. I'm not sure if any of those affected the Shared Guide install, or if it is something that the command line msiexec accomplished.

Anyway, this is a great add-in and thanks for sharing it and for the support.
I'm sure the .net 3.5 was the issue. I'll have to update the installer to check for that.

sccrgoalie1

Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#239

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:36 pm

Version 2.1.0 released
-Fix other showings page
-Remove Premiere notation slide deck
-Fix initial focus issue on setting menu, recording menu, and search menu
-Update now playing window...again
-Fix issue where guide page may end up with too few rows
-Update the installer to check for .NET 3.5
-Other showings focus now works like the native slide showing a quick description, timing, and channel details

sccrgoalie1

Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:52 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#240

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:36 pm

Version 2.1.1 released

-Clean up some code related to other showings
-Other showings without an episode title now shows the show title instead just like the native guide

Sorry for the two updates in one day, but I thought it was worthwhile to get these fixes out

Post Reply