Remote Potato Addin (Version 2.1.3)

wally007

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by wally007 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:15 am

Thanks for the updates.
I will test out 'Other Showings' as soon as temperature outside get below 100F :oops:
sccrgoalie1 wrote:Version 2.1.1 released

-Clean up some code related to other showings
-Other showings without an episode title now shows the show title instead just like the native guide

Sorry for the two updates in one day, but I thought it was worthwhile to get these fixes out

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Version 2.1.2 released
-Fixed a bug that could cause the guide to load blank

jspenc3

Post by jspenc3 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Thanks for this great plug-in! I still can't believe Microsoft still hasn't added this functionality into MCE yet! (well I guess I can based on their track record so far, seems they love the 80% rule just like my employer :-( )

Anyway, I'm in the process of setting this up and noticed you have a setting called "Keep up to" that looks similar to the one built into MCE, but it is missing the option "as many as possible". Does this mean it will only record up to 10 episodes of a series??! If so, why is that possible with MCE and not with your plugin? I've got quite a few shows that I haven't gotten around to watching but love having them recorded for when I'm ready...

Also, have you made a FAQ or manual for this yet so we know what all the settings do (though most are self explanatory I guess)?

Thanks again for this great tool!

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:34 pm

jspenc3 wrote:
Anyway, I'm in the process of setting this up and noticed you have a setting called "Keep up to" that looks similar to the one built into MCE, but it is missing the option "as many as possible". Does this mean it will only record up to 10 episodes of a series??! If so, why is that possible with MCE and not with your plugin? I've got quite a few shows that I haven't gotten around to watching but love having them recorded for when I'm ready...

Also, have you made a FAQ or manual for this yet so we know what all the settings do (though most are self explanatory I guess)?

Thanks again for this great tool!
Unfortunately, that is a limitation of the remote potato server. It will end up being 1 no matter what you choose. I hope someday I will have access to the ceton server, but it is what it is today.

No guide, but I should probably create a basic one someday.

jspenc3

Post by jspenc3 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:49 pm

I ran into another question. For some shows that I have never watched I want to record both new and reruns, but for other shows I only want to record just the new stuff. Is there a way to set series specific record settings like in the regular MCE?

Thanks,
-Jay

jspenc3

Post by jspenc3 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Ah, that's a bummer. So it will set to 1 no matter what I pick? What exactly does that mean when it comes time to record?

Thanks for the quick reply,
-Jay

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:58 pm

jspenc3 wrote:I ran into another question. For some shows that I have never watched I want to record both new and reruns, but for other shows I only want to record just the new stuff. Is there a way to set series specific record settings like in the regular MCE?

Thanks,
-Jay
Check record settings

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:01 am

jspenc3 wrote:Ah, that's a bummer. So it will set to 1 no matter what I pick? What exactly does that mean when it comes time to record?

Thanks for the quick reply,
-Jay
Not sure you would have to test. I always reset it at a later date.

sgibbers17

Post by sgibbers17 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:52 pm

Is there a read me file with install instructions? I have downloaded all 4 files in the link and only installed the 2.1.2x64.msi on both PCs. Where do I go from here? Do I also need to install the sharedguidepotato 1.2.4.msi or any of the files for remote potato?

A how to install section in the first post would be nice. It is unclear what is actually needed to run this plugin.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:33 am

sgibbers17 wrote:Is there a read me file with install instructions? I have downloaded all 4 files in the link and only installed the 2.1.2x64.msi on both PCs. Where do I go from here? Do I also need to install the sharedguidepotato 1.2.4.msi or any of the files for remote potato?

A how to install section in the first post would be nice. It is unclear what is actually needed to run this plugin.
Not at this time. You installed that right one. Now just go in to settings and add the information for your remote potato server.

wally007

Post by wally007 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Hello,
is there any way to get rid of "Powered by Remote Potato" ?

It takes half the bottom of the screen, looks out of place and considering I've paid for both iPad and iPhone Remote Potato Server and was left with hardly working client Id like not to be reminded of it :-)

Thanks

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:42 pm

wally007 wrote:Hello,
is there any way to get rid of "Powered by Remote Potato" ?

It takes half the bottom of the screen, looks out of place and considering I've paid for both iPad and iPhone Remote Potato Server and was left with hardly working client Id like not to be reminded of it :-)

Thanks
Sorry, no.

bob_p

Post by bob_p » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:27 pm

I believe it's now possible to get live streaming TV on Android devices using the Remote Potato Live TV server.

If there's a way to connect the WMC Remote Potato add-in to the Live TV server - wouldn't we be pretty close to having WMC run as an "extender" for another WMC system???

wally007

Post by wally007 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:47 pm

sccrgoalie1 wrote: Sorry, no.
Maybe smaller ? I dont mind usual "Powered By ..." but this is over the top. It pushes bottom of the screen description out of the way !

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:12 pm

wally007 wrote:
sccrgoalie1 wrote: Sorry, no.
Maybe smaller ? I dont mind usual "Powered By ..." but this is over the top. It pushes bottom of the screen description out of the way !
Compromise. I like that. I think we could make that happen :)

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Or even just relocating it would be acceptable I believe based on that screenshot - but smaller would also be better :)

Also, why not have it just display 'Shared Guide' instead of 'Shared Guide Page' in the upper right corner? Would look better IMO - though as I stated I don't even use the plugin, so feel free to ignore my input :P

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Version 2.1.3 released
-Shrink remote potato logo and text
-Remove word page from guide page

wally007

Post by wally007 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:21 pm

Thanks for both 'additions' :-)

The programme description is still on the far right side of the screen and not above the "Power by ... " on the left side like screenshot posted above this post.

My girlfriend asked me to start using this plugin in order to avoid 3 year old watching inappropriate channels. Since I"m using DVBlink these channels ARE setup on the HTPC (via DVBLink Server-Client) but even though I changed my preferences to "Do not Change Channel on the Server", Shared Guide still streams Live TV if i click on the Programme thats ON now....( and obviously changes channels on the DVBLink Server) Is there anyway to set up this plugin to NEVER stream and just use it for setting up recordings ? ( I would have expected option "Do not Change Channel on the Server" to actually do this )

Reason why I think plugin DOES change the channel is because DVBLink Server-Client makes all channels from the Server look like native local Channels on all WMC clients....
thanks again !
sccrgoalie1 wrote:Version 2.1.3 released
-Shrink remote potato logo and text
-Remove word page from guide page

wally007

Post by wally007 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:46 pm

I've been playing with the plugin extensively and somehow found a bug in Guide page....

When i enter the Guide page, one of the Station names is missing ( also 'No listing for this time' is missing)

as soon as i scroll and focus on that channel, name appears as well as 'No listing for this time'

I've tried 2.1.13 and 2.1.12 versions and visual glitch is the same...

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:49 pm

wally007 wrote:I've been playing with the plugin extensively and somehow found a bug in Guide page....

When i enter the Guide page, one of the Station names is missing ( also 'No listing for this time' is missing)

as soon as i scroll and focus on that channel, name appears as well as 'No listing for this time'

I've tried 2.1.13 and 2.1.12 versions and visual glitch is the same...
Check the log and post here: It has something to due with goofy guide listings for that channel. C:\ProgramData\SharedGuideServer\GuidePageLog.log