Remote Potato Addin (Version 2.1.3)

sccrgoalie1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:06 pm

How does this show up in the remote potato silverlight app?

Heiko123

Post by Heiko123 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:34 pm

hello,

it's look like better. I can see all ä and ö.
Attachments
silverlight.jpg
silverlight view

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Version 1.1.2 posted

-Adds now playing window to all pages
-Adds the ability to check for updates automatically

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Heiko123 wrote:hello,

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix this. I take the string directly from remote potato and spit it into the page. If anyone knows how to do this in c# I would be glad to fix it.

AllenG

Post by AllenG » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:48 am

Hi.

I like the tweeks you have made to font sizes, Thanks. The tails of letters are still being chopped off on 12 line displays. Screendump attached. Have a look at the "g" on "Mucking In", "Tagata Pacifica" etc. Not a biggy :)

I can't seem to navigate to the "Now Playing" window with a remote control in the guide settings page, but if I press one of the + or - keys until it is maximum or minimum and disappears, then focus jumps to the "Now playing" window? Again, not a biggy. There is no "Now Playing" window on the main Guide page, is there supposed to be?

I have found a small bug. When using the replay and skip buttons on the remote the guide date/time shifts by 12:30, not 12:00 that the standard guide does. When scanning over multiple days the EPG grid drifts an hour each day.

Can you add an option so that the remote control "Guide" button jumps to the shared guide instead of the standard guide? Or advise how I may assign a remote button to Launch the Shared Guide?
I would like to be able to go directly to the shared guide page from Live TV or playback and then return back to where I came from with the Back/Exit button.

Best Regards Allen.
shared-guide.jpg

Heiko123

Post by Heiko123 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:47 am

sccrgoalie1 wrote:
Heiko123 wrote:hello,

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix this. I take the string directly from remote potato and spit it into the page. If anyone knows how to do this in c# I would be glad to fix it.
Hello,

did you speak with "remote potato" about this?
OR
How do you do take the information from remote potato step by step and rebuilt the epg-grid or in summery?
If it a step by step adoption be able to check all sign to crypt-signs and replace it. :oops:
(I now that it will be a performance-deficit but it will be a beginning :) )

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:19 pm

[quote="AllenG"]Hi.

I like the tweeks you have made to font sizes, Thanks. The tails of letters are still being chopped off on 12 line displays. Screendump attached. Have a look at the "g" on "Mucking In", "Tagata Pacifica" etc. Not a biggy :)

I can't seem to navigate to the "Now Playing" window with a remote control in the guide settings page, but if I press one of the + or - keys until it is maximum or minimum and disappears, then focus jumps to the "Now playing" window? Again, not a biggy. There is no "Now Playing" window on the main Guide page, is there supposed to be?

I have found a small bug. When using the replay and skip buttons on the remote the guide date/time shifts by 12:30, not 12:00 that the standard guide does. When scanning over multiple days the EPG grid drifts an hour each day.

Can you add an option so that the remote control "Guide" button jumps to the shared guide instead of the standard guide? Or advise how I may assign a remote button to Launch the Shared Guide?
I would like to be able to go directly to the shared guide page from Live TV or playback and then return back to where I came from with the Back/Exit button.

Best Regards Allen.
I'll adjust the font size further to fix the "g".

I'll see why you can navigate to the window on guide settings. There shouldn't be a now playing window on the guide page as the guide should completely overlay what is now playing.

I can adjust the skip amount.

I've been working on the override of the guide button some, but haven't got a solution yet. You can assign a shortcut or a button to navigate to the guide using the line below. I use autohotkey and have a logitech harmony remote.
C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /entrypoint:{06ed8b5b-c2a3-4969-8933-59f479f6b09e}\{c9664109-dcfa-4bad-a880-1eaa783d24cd}

Thanks for the input and look for the changes in the next verison!

AllenG

Post by AllenG » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:31 pm

sccrgoalie1 wrote:I'll adjust the font size further to fix the "g".
It may be that the text just needs shifting upwards a pixel or two, it looks slightly lower than the channel name? the "g" in the channel name "Nine Digital" is OK
I'll see why you can navigate to the window on guide settings. There shouldn't be a now playing window on the guide page as the guide should completely overlay what is now playing.
Cool
I can adjust the skip amount.
Great.
I've been working on the override of the guide button some, but haven't got a solution yet. You can assign a shortcut or a button to navigate to the guide using the line below. I use autohotkey and have a logitech harmony remote.
C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /entrypoint:{06ed8b5b-c2a3-4969-8933-59f479f6b09e}\{c9664109-dcfa-4bad-a880-1eaa783d24cd}
I'll try autohotkey. I've just bought a harmony 900. Even assigning shared guide to one of the coloured buttons would be good? I could remap the guide button on the Harmony and not have to install autohotkey!
Thanks for the input and look for the changes in the next verison!
Great. Regards Allen.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:02 pm

Version 1.1.3 posted

-Fixes skip forward and backward time to be 12 hours
-Adjusts font size for 12 rows to fix cutoff issue

AllenG

Post by AllenG » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:50 pm

Hi Mark.

Tried the latest version last night. The changes you have made work.

The font on the 12 line grid is quite small now. It's OK on my projector but quite small on the 40" TV. The character tails were ok on the channel names at the the previous font size, Will the same font size not work in the main grid?

I have discovered a strange behaviour when scrolling down the main shared guide. In the screen dump below If I scroll down the lefthand column with the remote control arrows the selected cell jumps from "Mickey Blue Eyes" to "Mama's Boy" I would expect it to scroll down to "Two and a half men".

Have you had any more thoughts on the Live TV part of it?

In your previous attempt, when you triggered a recording and started playback, somehow either your code or mediacentre knows how long the recording is at the time playback was started. Is there any way to refresh the recording length every few seconds so that playback can continue? Media centre can obviously do this with a local recording as the chase play bar keeps growing.

Many thanks for the good work.

Regards Allen.
SharedGuide2.jpg

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Sorry, for the slow response, it's been busy.

Regarding the scrolling issue, this is due to the fact that I don't control your cursor at all within the grid. I can probably start controlling the cursor, but it is going to take some work to get it working right. I'll add it to my list of to-dos.

I haven't gotten anywhere with the live tv aspect, but am still looking for ways to make it work.

Glitchy

Post by Glitchy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Based on another post, I downloaded and setup REMOTE POTATO. (sorry for the double post but this app deserves it !)

This is amazing SH*T.

I have over 7.5 TBs of recorded tV/tv Movies.

Set it up ..... and .......

Streamed 3 different HD shows, all at highest quality to my laptop, android tablet and android phone all at the same time (while using an extender 360S), without a hitch. (all over wifi, but intranet, and WAN with ip/dns dchp redirection. Sure the 3g/4g will be fine!

AMAZING!!!

Will be donating soon and more than a beer!

I have a couple of requests on the UI for RP and the Android client ... but who cares!

Jeff

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Glitchy wrote:Based on another post, I downloaded and setup REMOTE POTATO. (sorry for the double post but this app deserves it !)

This is amazing SH*T.

I have over 7.5 TBs of recorded tV/tv Movies.

Set it up ..... and .......

Streamed 3 different HD shows, all at highest quality to my laptop, android tablet and android phone all at the same time (while using an extender 360S), without a hitch. (all over wifi, but intranet, and WAN with ip/dns dchp redirection. Sure the 3g/4g will be fine!

AMAZING!!!

Will be donating soon and more than a beer!

I have a couple of requests on the UI for RP and the Android client ... but who cares!

Jeff
Please be sure to post this over at www.remotepotato.com. I didn't develop the program, I just took advantage of the api to make a media center addin.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:58 pm

Version 1.1.4 released

This adds a user requested feature to Shared Guide Potato. Allows you to use shared guide to change channels on a separate PC. Below are instructions on how to set it up. If this becomes a popular feature I will add the settings to the settings page so you don't have to manually edit the xml settings files.

1. Install the latest Shared Guide Potato 1.1.4 on your PC you would like to browse the guide on
2. Add the following lines to your shared guide potato settings file (C:\ProgramData\SharedGuideServer\SharedGuideSettings.xml) where the launch on server location is the ip address of the computer you want to change channels on
a. <launchonserver>true</launchonserver>
b. <launchonserverlocation>Your ip remote computer ip address here</launchonserverlocation>
c. <launchonserverport>13042</launchonserverport>
3. Install the SharedGuideChannelChangerAddin on the PC you would like to have the channels change on. It will add the necessary firewall exception if you use windows firewall, if not please open port 13042 for incoming connections. Also, you can change the port if necessary in the respective settings file if 13042 does not work. You will need to add that to your firewall. Please let me know if you need help changing the port.
4. Click on a listing in Shared Guide that is currently on and watch the remote PC start playing that channel.

Note: If you enable this feature in Shared Guide the channels will no longer attempt to launch on the local pc from shared guide. They will only launch on the remote PC.

Let me know if you have questions/issues.

Both addins can be found in the same skydrive folder.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Version 1.1.5 posted

-Bug fixes

New feature
-An advance record feature has been added under the recording item. This allows you to schedule recordings to be added before they appear in your guide. Here's how it works.
1. You add the recording title exactly to this page
2. Save your changes and exit
3. The Shared Guide Service runs on a daily basis to check and see if that item is not available in your guide. If it is it schedules the series. Please note all recordings must be series in this release of the addin.
4. If the recording is found and scheduled it is added to the previously scheduled list so you know it has been successfully scheduled. It removes it from the to be scheduled list. If it is not found, it will try again tomorrow.

This works using the exact title match feature of remote potato. It will search only on the first remote potato server you have configured in the settings page. Also, it uses the record settings as set in the settings page.

Let me know how it works for you and if you have questions!

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:01 pm

Version 1.1.6 posted

-Small bug fix related to future recording page

Note: Manage series page shows up, but is not implemented yet....Coming soon!

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:52 pm

Version 1.1.7 released

-Adds manage series page. Click on an item to be prompted to remove.

garymeter48

Post by garymeter48 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your add in. Looks really great. Would it be possible to have an option to have scheduled recordings set up in the Shared Guide recorded on the host pc running the Remote Potato server application. It looks like when I schedule a recording in your Shared Guide it sets up the recording on the local pc. I would like to have the option to set the recording up on the server host pc. Most of the Time Warner channels have the 'copy once' flag and I would prefer watching the recorded shows I set up in the Shared Guide on the tv attached to the pc running the Remote Potato server application.

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:58 pm

garymeter48 wrote:Hi,

Thank you for your add in. Looks really great. Would it be possible to have an option to have scheduled recordings set up in the Shared Guide recorded on the host pc running the Remote Potato server application. It looks like when I schedule a recording in your Shared Guide it sets up the recording on the local pc. I would like to have the option to set the recording up on the server host pc. Most of the Time Warner channels have the 'copy once' flag and I would prefer watching the recorded shows I set up in the Shared Guide on the tv attached to the pc running the Remote Potato server application.
I'm not sure, I understand your question completely. The recordings are scheduled on the server host pc. You do have the ability to add multiple servers if you would like and then be prompted to select which server to record on. You just add each of the hosts to the settings page separated by a semicolon (;). Let me know if I can be of more help.

sgtpokey

Post by sgtpokey » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:08 pm

Nice work! I was about to ask about My Channel Logos support but in the thread I think i see a screenshot and you already support it... (true/false?)

I haven't been frequenting either of the TGB forums lately so kind of late to this development, but this is fantaastic and I'll put it in to my ecosystem next time I fool around with the setup :) Now that my family is well used to Media Center (for the past 7+ years) I might just remove my extender setup and use this and real media center pcs to control the other TVs.

I already network share some tuners so this should complete the "softsled" requirements for me.

Plus, If I build some small media center pcs to act as "extenders" I might finally be able to play with some of the mini-itx-sized fanless enclosures that I keep trying to find a reason to buy.