My Memories for Windows Media Center

dkrom

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by dkrom » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:20 am

Here is the original website on the wayback machine https://web.archive.org/web/20160523205 ... iesmc.com/

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:25 am

dkrom wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:20 am Here is the original website on the wayback machine https://web.archive.org/web/20160523205 ... iesmc.com/
I used that as the source for the included PDF. I thought it would be more convenient.

The screensaver is itself rather nice. I am trying it out now as a replacement to the standard screensaver. I do really like the pan and zoom and colour fade effects on the built-in screensaver, but one thing that bugs me is how low resolution the peripheral photos are once it zooms in.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

aquadextrous

Post by aquadextrous » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:35 am

I had been using PhotoScroll screensaver (just a normal Windows desktop screensaver) as it's effectively the WMC one but on steroids. Loads more options and much higher quality images. It has 2 downsides - it's not free ($7) and when in use it seems to make WMC lose focus (even when set to always on top) and it can take a few button presses (EG if a video is paused in WMC then the PhotoScroll starts, one button press gets rid of the screensaver but it can take 4 or 5 presses of the play button to get the video playing again) to get back to normality. I think this behaviour is something that happens with all .scr files and WMC though.

My Memories works really well and looks good, so I'll rest PhotoScroll for a while and enjoy the change. I do have all the image manipulation options turned off though so that one press of any button returns the screen back to WMC.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:10 am

I did also stumbled across PhotoScroll but the exact same issue you described put me off for use with Media Center.

I also have interactions turned off on My Memories so it returns on any button press.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1