Latest TMT5 & MKVs

TheOsburnFamil

HTPC Specs: Show details

Latest TMT5 & MKVs

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:02 pm

I see a lot about the new TMT5 & MKV support within MediaCenter.

Anyone know how this is supposed to get setup? Can you select a MKV from the Video Library and have it Play via the TMT MCE Launcher? Or, are you supposed to use MyMovies or MediaBrowser?

Too many questions! lol

Thanks
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:10 pm

I'm not sure. Have you considered installing Shark Codecs? You can play MKVs natively in WMC (without TMT). http://www.shark007.net

I'll pass on the latest TMT5 update. There is 10 pages of madness on the Arcsoft forum.

http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_post ... ease-notes
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:18 pm

I actually just got done reading through all 10 pages! lol

99% of the issues on those 10 pages are related to either Youtube playback issues, or problems downloading the beta, or users having problems with the AutoDetect feature during the upgrade not properly finding the original install cuz it was a beta installed prior.

There didn't appear to be any real "functional" issues in all 10 pages.

I just ran the upgrade and it went flawless & a couple BDs played just fine.

I really want to know how to get MKVs to play via TMT5 within MediaCenter. Anyone know how this can be done?
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

trooper11

Post by trooper11 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:08 pm

Well I use mediabrowser, so to get tmt5 to play mkvs for me, i just add it to mediabrowser's list of external players for mkv.

not sure how to make that work within MC itself

bruce73

Post by bruce73 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:53 pm

Yeah, I just did the TMT5 upgrade and it went fine for me as well. There are still a couple of things that don't work quite right, but nothing that is of major concern to me. But others are pulling their hair out, lol.

I play MKVs within WMC via MyMovies with Daum, but since TMT5 now handles subs, I might move to that. Just add MKV as a file type in the external players configuration of MM, and associate it with TMT5. Works for AVI, TS and DVR-MS also (although TMT5 doesn't bitstream DVR-MS For some reason -- you have to manually select PCM output-- so I still use Daum for that).

bruce73

Post by bruce73 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:57 pm

(more) ...

You don't have to use MM, I suppose. Just open TMT5's UI in WMC and select a MKV file. That should work.

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:30 am

bruce73 wrote:(more) ...

You don't have to use MM, I suppose. Just open TMT5's UI in WMC and select a MKV file. That should work.
Should I point mm to the mce tmt exe or the standard?

bruce73

Post by bruce73 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:05 am

TheOsburnFamil wrote:
bruce73 wrote:(more) ...

Should I point mm to the mce tmt exe or the standard?
Not sure I'm following you. If you want to have TMT automatically play an MKV within MyMovies, you need to go into Collection Management > Options > External Players and add .MKV as a file type, then select TMT5 from the drop-down menu.

I don't use Media Center library, so don't know if you use other players that way. Can you?

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:40 am

Sorry bruce-- I ment should I point to arcsoft 10' ui (uMCEPlayer5.exe) exe or the 2' ui (uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe) exe. I wasn't sure if there was a difference in what playback was supported or not.

But, I answered my own question by just trying it! LOL uMCEPlayer5.exe was the winner.

bruce73

Post by bruce73 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:53 am

Oh, you mean to play the file from Windows Explorer (at least that's what I think you mean). ;)

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:30 pm

I am using My Movies and tried playing MKVs in TMT5 within Media Center. It works in that My Movies plays the MKV in TMT5 but I found the MKV playback in TMT5 to be jurky and glitchy.

I've reverted back to playing MKVs in the native Media Center player.

How did others find the playback of MKVs in TMT5 ?
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle