So.. Who wants a new Theme for MCS?

newfiend

HTPC Specs: Show details

So.. Who wants a new Theme for MCS?

Post by newfiend » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:13 am

So I was Bored..up Late ..needed a new theme as mine were getting boring looking to me..
So I made this one tonight.. you can download the theme and wallpaper from my skydrive here : https://skydrive.live.com/#!/?cid=08AFD ... FD88%21117

Let me know what you think... It's named Expedition In the Theme's folder ;) It's in .mct format for use with Media Center Studio.
newfiend~
Attachments
Capture.PNG
new theme
Capture.PNG (181.59 KiB) Viewed 1494 times

Socketman

Post by Socketman » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:36 pm

That look like a really nice theme. It seems you have a handle on the UI for WMC . Is it possible to change the audio thats played when MC opens. I really hate it lol. maybe some metallica or something.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:47 am

I know how to change the pictures, and backgrounds. I haven't tried changing sounds yet. I'll look into it and let you know though.
newfiend

makryger

Post by makryger » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:56 am

Socketman wrote:That look like a really nice theme. It seems you have a handle on the UI for WMC . Is it possible to change the audio thats played when MC opens. I really hate it lol. maybe some metallica or something.
Lol, I just turned off the Media Center fanfare... my pc goes straight to the start menu now. I was initially annoyed by it, and then warmed up to it, then I just got bored of it.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:21 am

Socketman wrote:That look like a really nice theme. It seems you have a handle on the UI for WMC . Is it possible to change the audio thats played when MC opens. I really hate it lol. maybe some metallica or something.
Yep-- pretty simple really. You need to replace the "INTRO_A.WAV" file located in the C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehres.dll.
Use 7zip to open "C:\Windows\ehome\ehres.dll\.rsrc\RCDATA\" and replace INTRO_A.WAV with whatever you want.. MUST be in WAV format though.
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

Socketman

Post by Socketman » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:04 am

Thanks for that, will get right on it. Probly use the black keys