Amazon On-Demand Video Addin for Media Center

3rob3

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by 3rob3 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:13 pm

Looks like it is broken again, I sure hope Marc is able to figure it out.

I swear I have the worst luck. I switched to using an Xbox at the main TV partly because this plugin broke. A week later Marc revived it and even improved on it. Last week I built a new HTPC and moved it back to the main TV and now Amazon has done something to break it again.

makryger

Post by makryger » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:44 pm

Looks like the developer will be releasing a new Silverlight player version today... hope this works!Will download once its posted.

http://sharepointsnapple.com/amazonmceaddin/
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

KerrAvon

Post by KerrAvon » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:57 pm

The updated version of Amazon MCE Addin is now available on http://sharepointsnapple.com/amazonmceaddin/. Includes the Silverlight player, HD Movie playback and a number of other improvements.

Enjoy.

Marc

werds

Post by werds » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:21 pm

KerrAvon wrote:The updated version of Amazon MCE Addin is now available on http://sharepointsnapple.com/amazonmceaddin/. Includes the Silverlight player, HD Movie playback and a number of other improvements.

Enjoy.

Marc
OOOOOO, looks like Ima have to test this new version out :)

makryger

Post by makryger » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:37 pm

Very nice. The silverlight player seems to play video quite well. Video quality is great. The remote control is a bit lacking... i can pause, but un-pausing seems to restart the entire video.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:04 pm

KerrAvon wrote:The updated version of Amazon MCE Addin is now available on http://sharepointsnapple.com/amazonmceaddin/. Includes the Silverlight player, HD Movie playback and a number of other improvements.

Enjoy.

Marc
You rock!

KerrAvon

Post by KerrAvon » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:21 pm

makryger - the 'Pause' should resume from close (within 1 second) of where you left off. Amazon chose not to expose the Pause control via JavaScript so I had to improvise with ResumeFromCurrentPosition(seconds). So yes, it technically restarts the stream -but it should be from the paused position. Works ok for me so far.

makryger

Post by makryger » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:34 pm

KerrAvon wrote:makryger - the 'Pause' should resume from close (within 1 second) of where you left off. Amazon chose not to expose the Pause control via JavaScript so I had to improvise with ResumeFromCurrentPosition(seconds). So yes, it technically restarts the stream -but it should be from the paused position. Works ok for me so far.
I understand. I wonder if you are able to just simulate the moues click where the play/pause button is located? Not exactly the most elegant solution, but at least it avoids the several second lag when pausing/restarting.

KerrAvon

Post by KerrAvon » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:11 pm

If it were only that simple. Browsers by design disallow simulating actual keypresses - security issue.

makryger

Post by makryger » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:41 pm

KerrAvon wrote:If it were only that simple. Browsers by design disallow simulating actual keypresses - security issue.
Thats too bad...on the website, the space key also works as a pause. I suppose thats out of the question too.

Haubrija

Post by Haubrija » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:29 pm

I can't get this new version to work for some reason. The app appears fine in browsing for videos but after clicking the watch/resume button, the app moves me to the Blue Media Center background and nothing happens. Nothing loads, it just sits there until I hit the back button. Anyone else with this issue?

madmax

Post by madmax » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:12 pm

app sort of works... can now play amazon prime (could not before update) plays for about 10-15 minutes
then goes into screensaver , will restart from point left off if you hit play, don't know if its a glitch in my
setup or what.

many thanks for keeping this addon alive.

Max F.

duncane

Post by duncane » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi, anyone in the UK using this? I'm an Amazon Prime member which just merged content with Lovefilm (also member) today so I thought I'd give it a go but I keep getting a 'Service Error (5003)' message. I have contacted Marc too via his website.
Cheers

Incapete

Post by Incapete » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:50 pm

Another vote for UK! Suspect it needs a total rewrite to do but would be awesome!

billroden

Post by billroden » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:25 am

When I tried to install this app...my anti virus program flagged a trojan virus that it was trying to install called mongoose. The web site mentions mongoose but I'm still a little nervous about using it. Needless to say, the app did not work for me probably because that mongoose server thing is needed. Should I be concerned with this trojan?

Bill

duncane

Post by duncane » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi, Mongoose is a small web server that the plugin needs, see below. I've run it and it's fine, even though the dev is still working on a UK version so I haven't needed it yet! ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongoose_(web_server)

jbf154

Post by jbf154 » Sun May 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Does this plugin allow rented movies to be watched? I would be happy to give a modest donation to get rented movies to play (in hd of course).

nathagt

Post by nathagt » Thu May 08, 2014 10:00 pm

jbf154 wrote:Does this plugin allow rented movies to be watched? I would be happy to give a modest donation to get rented movies to play (in hd of course).
yes, it does. I've used it. You need to rent the movie via the website or your phone first because there isn't a rent button in the WMC app. But once you're authorized to watch it it plays just fine in WMC! Easiest thing to do is to add it to your watchlist after you rent it so you don't have to go search for it.

jbf154

Post by jbf154 » Fri May 09, 2014 1:36 pm

nathagt wrote:
jbf154 wrote:Does this plugin allow rented movies to be watched? I would be happy to give a modest donation to get rented movies to play (in hd of course).
yes, it does. I've used it. You need to rent the movie via the website or your phone first because there isn't a rent button in the WMC app. But once you're authorized to watch it it plays just fine in WMC! Easiest thing to do is to add it to your watchlist after you rent it so you don't have to go search for it.
Do they play in HD or SD?

a448481

Post by a448481 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:36 am

I am getting the following error when trying to install the AmazonMCEAddin:

"This application requires Microsoft Silverlight 5.1 or later. Please install the latest version of Silverlight in Internet Explorer then run this installer again."

I have the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight. I have even uninstalled it and redownloaded/installed it from the Microsoft website.

Any ideas?