Recorded TV HD Addin

Space

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Space » Fri May 26, 2017 10:41 pm

IT Troll wrote:With EPG123 and Schedules Direct we are no longer reliant on Microsoft. So Media Center will live on past 2020.
That is the assumption, but I don't know if anyone has tested this assumption.

You would have to block all access to Microsoft servers (through the router?) from the WMC box and make sure things still work. I know that some people have reported crashes in WMC and it was determined that blocked access to certain Microsoft servers was the culprit.

You may be able to work around these issues, but it don't know if anyone has actually tested a truly Microsoft-free WMC.

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Sat May 27, 2017 8:58 am

Hi everyone

I'm starting to see an issue with RTVHD, where it finds the show, and adds the show to the series table, along with the tvdb show number, but it doesn't download any of the art.

When I look at the recorded shoes listing, it doesn't show any season information.

If I go to the series override and click on save and download art, the settings program throws an error and then crashes.

If I use the fix artwork within Media center itself, it finds the show, but shows no picture.

I've tried deleting the db file and having it rebuild, but it keeps having the same issue with the same shows.

Has anybody have this issue, and if so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Sat May 27, 2017 1:44 pm

@choliscott

I've never had your issue. Have you checked the forum at RTVHD? Not any recent activity there, but I've found answers to a few issues reading through old posts.

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/forum/

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sat May 27, 2017 4:27 pm

choliscott wrote:Has anybody have this issue, and if so, what did you do to fix it?
There have been a lot of problems with TheTVDB servers recently; especially with the XML downloads which are incomplete. This is what prompted me to investigate and led me to discover that the old API is going to be discontinued. It is not clear if this is a problem with the XML output generated by the servers or the hosting service. A couple of relevant links:

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=37586
https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=37655

I have found that after a few days of not working, shows will be fixed. You will most probably have to move any affected shows out of the monitored folder and then back in for RTVHD to retry the download from TheTVDB.

This is perhaps why they are keen to drop support for the old API.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Sun May 28, 2017 6:45 pm

garnuts wrote:@choliscott

I've never had your issue. Have you checked the forum at RTVHD? Not any recent activity there, but I've found answers to a few issues reading through old posts.

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/forum/
I jinxed myself, I'm now seeing the same issue :(

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Mon May 29, 2017 8:54 am

I find that some shows which were broken are now fixed, whilst some which were OK are now broken. It tends to be the shows which have a lot of series/episodes (i.e. a large database entry) which are worst affected. The site admin at TheTVDB posted the following on Saturday:
The best help I can offer is stop using the old API. We're doing our best to keep it running and are aware of issues but it's being discontinued for a reason. The problem will likely fix itself but we're currently having a lot of trouble trying to keep the old API running properly and really need people to convert to APIv2.
Finger-crossed Mark can find the time to make the change in RTVHD.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Mon May 29, 2017 8:51 pm

Thanks for pointing out the API issue over at TVDB & that others were having the same issue. I first thought they cut off v1 early.

I will second the motion, that hopefully Mark will find the time to update this sooner, then later..... Along with making some other enchaments

markterborg

Post by markterborg » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:49 pm

Looks like I should be able to update to the new API for all of the backend stuff that happens automatically, BUT because of Media Center's older .net version it will be a huge major pain to get the stuff working in the "Fix Artwork or Identification Problem" section in the settings of the actual Recorded TV HD Media Center interface. I doubt that gets used much... I don't know if I've ever actually used it myself.

For those of you who expressed interest in donating some extra money... You can, but it's totally up to you :)

https://cash.me/app/JTDSLVK and send to $MarkTerborg

or

https://paypal.me/MTerborg/

I'm not going to charge another license fee because I don't want to hear the complaining about supporting the product if things aren't working perfectly in the future :)

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:15 pm

Isn't the "Identification problem" in the WMC interface, the same as the "Unidentified files" button in the standalone settings menu ? If so, I personally use the unidentified files tab, along with the manual entry button with the updated settings.exe file that was released a little while back.

The only additional request I would ask if instead of it refreshing the library when someone clicks on the Unknown Files tab, that it would just display what's currently in there, so those can be manually added & with an additional button that says refresh, that would do the refresh
markterborg wrote:Looks like I should be able to update to the new API for all of the backend stuff that happens automatically, BUT because of Media Center's older .net version it will be a huge major pain to get the stuff working in the "Fix Artwork or Identification Problem" section in the settings of the actual Recorded TV HD Media Center interface. I doubt that gets used much... I don't know if I've ever actually used it myself.

For those of you who expressed interest in donating some extra money... You can, but it's totally up to you :)

https://cash.me/app/JTDSLVK and send to $MarkTerborg

or

https://paypal.me/MTerborg/

I'm not going to charge another license fee because I don't want to hear the complaining about supporting the product if things aren't working perfectly in the future :)

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:18 pm

markterborg wrote:Looks like I should be able to update to the new API for all of the backend stuff that happens automatically
That is great news! :thumbup:
choliscott wrote:Isn't the "Identification problem" in the WMC interface, the same as the "Unidentified files" button in the standalone settings menu ?
In the WMC GUI you can also search the online tv/movie database and select the correct artwork and meta data. This is quite useful for the times when RTVHD picks the wrong title; e.g. because it is similarly named. I have used it a few times. This isn't currently possible with the standalone settings app. Would it be possible/simpler to move this feature into the settings app?

My wish list for a new feature would be a button to completely clear out the "unidentified files" table in the database. I've had a few occasions when I've had to do this manually in order to have a file be detected correctly. The "Clear" feature in the GUI doesn't do this.

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:16 pm

markterborg wrote:Looks like I should be able to update to the new API for all of the backend stuff that happens automatically
Thank you!

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Embiggens wrote:
Thank you!
Ditto!!

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:15 pm

+1, its great to see people support their products.

markterborg

Post by markterborg » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:00 am

There's a new beta out. Just turn on the update check for beta versions and you can test it out.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:41 am

markterborg wrote:There's a new beta out. Just turn on the update check for beta versions and you can test it out.
Great news, I'll take it for a spin later today. I take it this includes the change for TheTVDB API, are there any other changes we should be looking out for?

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Great news, I'll check it out

chrisdfw

Post by chrisdfw » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:12 pm

markterborg wrote:There's a new beta out. Just turn on the update check for beta versions and you can test it out.

I installed and it stopped identifying files and would not let me restart the service. I rolled back, should I have started with a clean database?

markterborg

Post by markterborg » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:20 pm

chrisdfw wrote:

I installed and it stopped identifying files and would not let me restart the service. I rolled back, should I have started with a clean database?
Forgot to mention... You need .Net 4.5 or higher. Hopefully that's it.

chrisdfw

Post by chrisdfw » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:45 pm

I am on windows 8.1 and have .net 4.6 Do you have link for the download? I think I hit ignore after the update.

markterborg

Post by markterborg » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:43 pm

I'm obviously a little rusty with this. Sorry everybody. Thank you for being patient.
I realize what happened. Everyone... Please uninstall Recorded TV HD and then download and install this version:

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/download/be ... DSetup.msi