Recorded TV HD Addin

markterborg

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by markterborg » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:46 am

Cyterio wrote:I've run into another bug with the app. I have some select movies in my library that generate incorrect coverart. A few examples are; Up, The Jungle Book, Iron Man 2, and Yogi Bear. I've tried using the option in the settings to change incorrect data, and it shows the correct image when a search is performed, however, it downloads coverart with foreign text. I've tried deleting everything inside the source folders of the movies but these few continue to show up incorrectly. Can anyone confirm this or possibly fix this?
Thanks for the info. You could always use the artwork override options under the "Series Override" tab in the external Recorded TV HD Settings program.

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:46 pm

Any plans to support Windows 8? I am a huge fan of the windows 7 addin and without support in 8, media center would not be complete.

markterborg

Post by markterborg » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:31 pm

Cyterio wrote:Any plans to support Windows 8? I am a huge fan of the windows 7 addin and without support in 8, media center would not be complete.
All testing so far looks like the latest beta of Recorded TV HD works just fine in Windows 8. You just need to install .NET 3.5 using the Turn Windows Features On or Off section in the control panel.

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:25 pm

I'm not having much success. I've enabled the .NET 3.5 and reinstalled the addin but it just hangs when I enter the Recorded TV menu. Nothing shows up, just the plain blue screen of Media Center. Any suggestions guys?

kc10boom

Post by kc10boom » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:42 am

It is on sale for 50% off for Black Friday !!!

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:56 am

Woo hoo! I can crash my PC for half price!

EDIT: Honestly, it was a beautiful interface, and I loved it. But the stability problems that it created were not worth the price of admission.

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:01 am

Outside of a few problems I caused on my end, I think the Recorded TV HD Addin works flawlessly. What problems are you experiencing? I've run it on both Win7 and Win8 without any problems.

STC

Post by STC » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:04 am

^Works good on my rig. I use it all the time. A couple of revisions ago had a memory leak but it's fine now.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:06 am

I had system hangs (BSOD) and several other odd problems that did not exist before installing it... and they went away when I un-installed it. It was a beautiful product. I really wanted to keep it. My wife liked it too. But I just can't have my HTPC hanging and other weird problems. I don't have any cable boxes in my house as a backup. My HTPC is the only source of cable TV in my house. All five TV's in the house are connected to the HTPC... either directly or via extenders.

I experienced the memory leak... and I also applied the update that fixed it. I still had problems, including BSOD's.

stumphre

Post by stumphre » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Is there a way to combine downloaded tv shows and recorded so they all show up under the RecordedTV HD tab?

As of right now, all my downloaded tv shows are in the Media Browser tab with all my movies and I'd like to separate them.

Cyterio

Post by Cyterio » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Yeah, you just have to add the folder/directory that you have your tv shows saved in to the recorded tv folders that are monitored. I believe there is an option to manage these folders separately from Windows Media Centers monitored folders.

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:20 am

Yes you can. You just have to add the 2nd folder to the RTVHD watch list under the config screen (which you need to run on the HTPC itself). You will also need to make sure you add the file extentions for all the video formats you want to watch.

I have my shows that RTVHD can find under it's interface & the shows that it cannot, I use Media Browser, since RTVHD doesn't have a "unidentified" video section that you can watch from - currently

Also you need to make sure your file naming is like the following on your non WMC videos:

•Battlestar.Galactica.S01E04.Optional.Episode.Title.Or.Could.be.blank.or.ignorable.text.avi (will only find the correct series with an episode title because there is more than one "Battlestar Galactica" in thetvdb.... You can go into the series override and fix it afterwards as well).
•Battlestar Galactica.S01E04.Optional Episode Title or could be blank or ingorable text.avi
•Battlestar Galactica - S01E004 - Act of Contrition.avi (Amazon VOD naming convention)
•Battlestar Galactica - Act of Contrition.avi
•ID=73545.S01E04.avi (ID=TheTVDB.com Show ID)

stumphre wrote:Is there a way to combine downloaded tv shows and recorded so they all show up under the RecordedTV HD tab?

As of right now, all my downloaded tv shows are in the Media Browser tab with all my movies and I'd like to separate them.

stumphre

Post by stumphre » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Cool thanks for the help!

nathagt

Post by nathagt » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:32 pm

I'm currently evaluating Recorded TV HD and I really like it so far. I do have one issue though. I recorded a movie, Killing Lincoln (2013), but it will not display a cover in Recorded TV HD. I've gone through the process of identifying it through settings (with movies checked) and it finds the movie on themoviedb.org with cover art but still no luck. It just displays a colored box with the name of the movie. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this problem with select titles?

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:03 pm

nathagt wrote:I'm currently evaluating Recorded TV HD and I really like it so far. I do have one issue though. I recorded a movie, Killing Lincoln (2013), but it will not display a cover in Recorded TV HD. I've gone through the process of identifying it through settings (with movies checked) and it finds the movie on themoviedb.org with cover art but still no luck. It just displays a colored box with the name of the movie. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this problem with select titles?
I think that's a Windows Media Center problem (with the data provided by Microsoft), not a Recorded TV HD problem. Can you see the missing information in the default Movies library in Media Center?

My only problem with Recorded TV HD is that there is no way, from the RTVHD interface, to schedule a "wish list" recording. If I choose to get rid of the default "TV" menu strip, then there is no way to schedule this type of recording. I'd like to see that option added to RTVHD, and then I'll be 100% satisfied.

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Have you gone into the settings (thru WMC) to the unidentified menu selection & change the artwork thru there?
nathagt wrote:I'm currently evaluating Recorded TV HD and I really like it so far. I do have one issue though. I recorded a movie, Killing Lincoln (2013), but it will not display a cover in Recorded TV HD. I've gone through the process of identifying it through settings (with movies checked) and it finds the movie on themoviedb.org with cover art but still no luck. It just displays a colored box with the name of the movie. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this problem with select titles?

nathagt

Post by nathagt » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:27 pm

choliscott wrote:Have you gone into the settings (thru WMC) to the unidentified menu selection & change the artwork thru there?
Yes, I've done that several times over the last week. It finds the movie and even shows the cover for the movie. But it still doesn't display.
barnabas1969 wrote:Can you see the missing information in the default Movies library in Media Center?
no, it doesn't show any cover art there either. I am aware of that issue but I thought it was resolved, no? http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... ?f=5&t=367

rampantredsfan

Post by rampantredsfan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:33 pm

I was a big Recorded TV HD fanboy as a great alternative for Media Browser/XBMC for those who don't want to have to set up folders and want to use the program with their extenders.

I feel obligated to tell people this: the service does not play well with Drobo (and presumably other NAS) and a good portion of my recordings/media goes unidentified and the service quits working frequently. I have asked for help with no real support. Because of this I am uninstalling, eating the cost of my license, and moving to a more reliable solution.

It is a really cool piece of software for a normal WMC set up, but I would advise to not pay for it until you verify that it will work with your NAS.

poissony

Post by poissony » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:08 am

Works fine with my NAS.

wannabesq

Post by wannabesq » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:27 am

Awesome plugin. IMO something like this should have been included by default, but kudos to the dev for making it happen. I LOVE the background logo on Jimmy Fallon... it's the "blow your pants off" picture, very funny to see on a big screen...