W7CallerID

Wilky13

Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:40 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

Re: W7CallerID

#141

Post by Wilky13 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:19 am

sberghici wrote:Setup W7 Caller ID to work with Asterisk and SIP VOIP. No modem required.

If you have Asterisk compatible VOIP phone service here are the instructions on how to set it up to work with W7 Caller ID without the analog modem.

• Download and Install AsteriskWin32 from the following location
http://www.asteriskwin32.com/dwn.php?script=0.66
• Download configuration templates
http://w7callerid.com/asterisk.zip
• Copy ‘extensions.conf’ and ‘sip.conf’ files to the following folder:
C:\cygroot\asterisk\etc
• Add a new Network Listener:
Will this work if you have a Magicjack on your home network? I have it on my laptop upstairs. It would be nice if my MCE PC downstairs showed the CID when someone called the Magicjack on my network.

User avatar
sberghici

Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: Toronto

HTPC Specs: Show details

#142

Post by sberghici » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:43 am

nick wrote: Does this work with Google Voice? I'm using Google Voice w/ Obihai for home phone.
Not sure about the windows version because it's not up to date, but for sure it works under Linux:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2270051
Lost in 8 bits. Born In The USSR. Hockey Dad. My mother's tongue - assembler...
http://www.w7callerid.com
http://www.berghicisoft.com

foxwood

Posts: 1761
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:43 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#143

Post by foxwood » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:14 pm

sberghici wrote:
nick wrote: Does this work with Google Voice? I'm using Google Voice w/ Obihai for home phone.
Not sure about the windows version because it's not up to date, but for sure it works under Linux:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2270051
What, throw out the $30 OBI box and set up a spare PC eating 60w to run Asterisk instead.

I think you missed the point of the OBI question!

Mickelin

Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#144

Post by Mickelin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:07 pm

I am integrating this fabulous software into my home automation system which is based on EventGhost. Using the vbscript feature and the command line interface of EventGhost, I have successfully implemented event triggering on incoming calls, passing the caller id data through command line parameters. This works very well. I would like to also be able to trigger events on the call ending. Any ideas on how to achieve this? The MCE plugin seems to get notification on call ending, so it should be achievable I think.

User avatar
sberghici

Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: Toronto

HTPC Specs: Show details

#145

Post by sberghici » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:35 am

Mickelin wrote:I am integrating this fabulous software into my home automation system which is based on EventGhost. Using the vbscript feature and the command line interface of EventGhost, I have successfully implemented event triggering on incoming calls, passing the caller id data through command line parameters. This works very well. I would like to also be able to trigger events on the call ending. Any ideas on how to achieve this? The MCE plugin seems to get notification on call ending, so it should be achievable I think.
call ending event is not available in the current release, adding it to todo list
Lost in 8 bits. Born In The USSR. Hockey Dad. My mother's tongue - assembler...
http://www.w7callerid.com
http://www.berghicisoft.com

User avatar
sberghici

Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: Toronto

HTPC Specs: Show details

#146

Post by sberghici » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:47 am

foxwood wrote:
sberghici wrote:
nick wrote: Does this work with Google Voice? I'm using Google Voice w/ Obihai for home phone.
Not sure about the windows version because it's not up to date, but for sure it works under Linux:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2270051
What, throw out the $30 OBI box and set up a spare PC eating 60w to run Asterisk instead.

I think you missed the point of the OBI question!
Sure I missed obi part. I'm planning to support both Linksys 2102 and obi but it will be limitations for call reject and black list. I think Asus n16 or n66 with asterisk support will be more interesting solution. In the next release a drop call and black list functionality will be added for full Asterisk support.
Lost in 8 bits. Born In The USSR. Hockey Dad. My mother's tongue - assembler...
http://www.w7callerid.com
http://www.berghicisoft.com

nick

Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

HTPC Specs: Show details

#147

Post by nick » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:54 am

foxwood wrote:
sberghici wrote:
nick wrote: Does this work with Google Voice? I'm using Google Voice w/ Obihai for home phone.
Not sure about the windows version because it's not up to date, but for sure it works under Linux:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2270051
What, throw out the $30 OBI box and set up a spare PC eating 60w to run Asterisk instead.

I think you missed the point of the OBI question!

haha yea, but thanks for the info :)

all4dom

Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:33 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#148

Post by all4dom » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi, I sent you an email and hope maybe this post would get a faster response. I downloaded you software yesterday and got the bluetooth part working with my cell phone. I did the gmail setup to download my contacts and did not retrieve all of them, but I can add to that list so that's fine. I am trying to get this to work with my cable voip service. I have time warner cable and also there voip phone package and I would love to be able to get the caller id info from that. I don't know of your program does that or am i doing something wrong. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Dom

barnabas1969

Posts: 5738
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:23 pm
Location: Titusville, Florida, USA

HTPC Specs: Show details

#149

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:12 am

Wow. Never heard of ObiHai. What an amazing product. It's exactly what I've looked for. So Simple, but nobody ever seemed to do this before.

So... as it relates to the W7CallerID... why couldn't you just use a normal modem in the PC to catch the caller ID info from the OBi device?

foxwood

Posts: 1761
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:43 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#150

Post by foxwood » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:40 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:Wow. Never heard of ObiHai. What an amazing product. It's exactly what I've looked for. So Simple, but nobody ever seemed to do this before.

So... as it relates to the W7CallerID... why couldn't you just use a normal modem in the PC to catch the caller ID info from the OBi device?
Why bother - the OBI and the PC are both on the same IP network, why should you need to add hardware yo the PC to get a notification from the OBI?

Of course, if you already have a modem in the PC anyway, and the OBI is feeding an analog phone signal to the phonelines in the house, the modem should be able to pick it up. But it would be better to avoid the Modem entirely, if the information is available through the LAN.

barnabas1969

Posts: 5738
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:23 pm
Location: Titusville, Florida, USA

HTPC Specs: Show details

#151

Post by barnabas1969 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:12 pm

foxwood wrote:
barnabas1969 wrote:Wow. Never heard of ObiHai. What an amazing product. It's exactly what I've looked for. So Simple, but nobody ever seemed to do this before.

So... as it relates to the W7CallerID... why couldn't you just use a normal modem in the PC to catch the caller ID info from the OBi device?
Why bother - the OBI and the PC are both on the same IP network, why should you need to add hardware yo the PC to get a notification from the OBI?

Of course, if you already have a modem in the PC anyway, and the OBI is feeding an analog phone signal to the phonelines in the house, the modem should be able to pick it up. But it would be better to avoid the Modem entirely, if the information is available through the LAN.
Yeah, I agree... that would be cool.

I'm planning to buy a couple of OBi devices now, and ship one to my wife's family in Romania. Too cool... VoIP across continents with no monthly subscription. And... even cooler... the OBi can make use of my in-laws' land line, allowing my wife to call anywhere in Romania for free too! Plus... add Google Voice to our OBi here in the USA, and her family can call anywhere in the US for free. That's phenomenal.

User avatar
sberghici

Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: Toronto

HTPC Specs: Show details

#152

Post by sberghici » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:58 pm

foxwood wrote: Why bother - the OBI and the PC are both on the same IP network, why should you need to add hardware yo the PC to get a notification from the OBI?
OBI syslog can be used to get Caller ID and name info. But these is a serious limitation for this solution - black list and call reject could not be implemented.
Lost in 8 bits. Born In The USSR. Hockey Dad. My mother's tongue - assembler...
http://www.w7callerid.com
http://www.berghicisoft.com

User avatar
sberghici

Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: Toronto

HTPC Specs: Show details

#153

Post by sberghici » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:12 pm

all4dom wrote:Hi, I sent you an email and hope maybe this post would get a faster response. I downloaded you software yesterday and got the bluetooth part working with my cell phone. I did the gmail setup to download my contacts and did not retrieve all of them, but I can add to that list so that's fine. I am trying to get this to work with my cable voip service. I have time warner cable and also there voip phone package and I would love to be able to get the caller id info from that. I don't know of your program does that or am i doing something wrong. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Dom
I do not think that time warner phone can be integrated with asterisk or any softphone. Only one available option will be to use analog modem.
Lost in 8 bits. Born In The USSR. Hockey Dad. My mother's tongue - assembler...
http://www.w7callerid.com
http://www.berghicisoft.com

all4dom

Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:33 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#154

Post by all4dom » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi Stan, sent you an email and I did speak with time warner cable (tier 3 support) and he told me to plug my cable modem into the PC modem and then plug that into my phone and it will read the caller id info. Does this make sense to you? I'm at work but I will try it tonight. My onkly problem would be how to set your software settings to show the caller id.
Can I ask you what you mean by analog modem?
Thanks
Dominick

foxwood

Posts: 1761
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:43 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#155

Post by foxwood » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:44 pm

It sounds like the TWC modem is taking the VoIP signal from the outside, and converting it to POTS (Plain old telephone service) inside your house. If you have an ordinary phone with CallerID, and it works when connected to TWC, then a modem in the PC that supports CallerID will also work, once the modem is connected to the TWC modem. (Usually you can just plug the TWC phone line from the cable-modem into the nearest phone jack, so that all the phone jacks in the house are connected to it, but you must make sure that the original demarcation point, where your old phone line came into the house, is unplugged before you connect the TWC phone service to your internal phone network).

User avatar
UCBearcat

Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:08 am
Location: Cincinnati

HTPC Specs: Show details

#156

Post by UCBearcat » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:53 pm

I've read the setup manual, and I've scanned this thread. I'm pretty intrigued by this add-on. The instructions and videos that I've seen make it look like an application that only runs when a user is logged into Windows.
Does this program run as a service? Or does it only run while a user is logged in?

My interest is based on my headless WMC7 "server." I would only be configuring MCE plug-in to get CallerID notifications on my extenders while watching TV.

User avatar
sberghici

Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: Toronto

HTPC Specs: Show details

#157

Post by sberghici » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:04 pm

UCBearcat wrote:I've read the setup manual, and I've scanned this thread. I'm pretty intrigued by this add-on. The instructions and videos that I've seen make it look like an application that only runs when a user is logged into Windows.
Does this program run as a service? Or does it only run while a user is logged in?

My interest is based on my headless WMC7 "server." I would only be configuring MCE plug-in to get CallerID notifications on my extenders while watching TV.
I'm splitting application to the windows service and GUI application (It will be able to run on remote computer). Development is already done and the change will be added to the next release.
The problem with the MCE plugin is that MediaCenter instance needs to be run to push notifications to extenders, in other case my plugin will be inactive.
There is workaround available that may also works for Media Center:
http://www.w7callerid.com/how-to-launch ... artup.aspx
Lost in 8 bits. Born In The USSR. Hockey Dad. My mother's tongue - assembler...
http://www.w7callerid.com
http://www.berghicisoft.com

User avatar
UCBearcat

Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:08 am
Location: Cincinnati

HTPC Specs: Show details

#158

Post by UCBearcat » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:37 am

Thank you for the clarification. I guess I could leave my headless WMC7 workstation logged in with WMC open all the time. I guess the only drawback would be the extra resources used to keep WMC open all the time.

User avatar
sberghici

Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: Toronto

HTPC Specs: Show details

#159

Post by sberghici » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Version 3.0 released. Core Application Runs As a Windows Service!

Here are the added features and updates:
- W7 Caller ID application has been split to Windows Service and Tray Application.
- Tray Application can be run on the remote PC.
- Configurable popup size – standard/small.
- Resume Media Center/Mediaportal play after call end (supported for Smartphones only).
- Ability to run VB Script on call end event.
- Support drop call and blocked numbers for Asterisk.
- Minor bug fixes.

Image

Small popup:
Image
Lost in 8 bits. Born In The USSR. Hockey Dad. My mother's tongue - assembler...
http://www.w7callerid.com
http://www.berghicisoft.com

foxwood

Posts: 1761
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:43 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#160

Post by foxwood » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:14 pm

Do existing users get to upgrade, or do we have to purchase the new version?

Post Reply