HomeSync 1.0 (Sync TV Recording Resume Points)

th3luk3st3r

HTPC Specs: Show details

HomeSync 1.0 (Sync TV Recording Resume Points)

Post by th3luk3st3r » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:08 am

Hi all!

I recently spent some time to create a small application that will synchronise WMC recording resume points across multiple machines on the network. At the time of writing it, I couldn't find any other applications that had the same functionality, as I like to start watching a programme in the lounge and then be able to stop and then resume watching in the bedroom (or the office, or vice-versa, etc).

For those interested, you can have a look at the instructions, code, or download the server and client here: https://github.com/L2N6H5B3/HomeSync.

Note that this won't work on DRM-protected recordings yet as the intended use case is to share the same recorded files over multiple machines and identify programmes by name, length, and size to ensure that the correct recording is receiving the correct resume point. :)

If you find this useful, let me know! I'd be keen to hear of others making use of this silly little application that I wrote just because I could. ;)

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:00 am

This is not something I need to do, but I know there are others on this forum who have multi-machine setups.
It is great to see some new Media Center development, many thanks for sharing. :thumbup:
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

Space

Post by Space » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:47 pm

Nice! Thanks for sharing!