Internet Streaming in WMC

caliskier

HTPC Specs: Show details

Internet Streaming in WMC

Post by caliskier » Sun May 03, 2020 9:11 pm

Is there an app to bring back the internet streaming or is that dead?

Curious if there is an app to bring back or to enable internet show streaming. I.E. something you could find if you searched history channels website, fox, discovery? Not talking about hulu

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Thu May 07, 2020 1:44 pm

Nope.

You could set something up to launch a web browser and a particular website, but it might be hard to navigate unless you use a mouse and keyboard already. You could also look to see if that network already has a Windows app, and have a shortcut in WMC to launch that.

Otherwise, I used Kodi to achieve something similar -- there are addons for Kodi that allow you to log into and stream from Netflix, ESPN, etc. And you can easily create a shortcut for Kodi in WMC.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190908114 ... ntegration

And of course the other option is to install ServerWMC and then just use Kodi for everything -- TV, streaming, local files, etc.

caliskier

Post by caliskier » Thu May 07, 2020 11:25 pm

Hey, thanks, kodi is just not for me, although that is a really good thought. My problem is I can’t differentiate between legitimate addins that just pull from the website and the stuff I feel like I should be paying for. I never got to use WMC with that feature, they killed it a few months before I started using it