ModernMedia UI+ - Modern Theme and All-New Features

IT Troll

HTPC Specs: Show details

Re: ModernMedia UI+ - Modern Theme and All-New Features

Post by IT Troll » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:45 pm

Great news! I will give this another test on my test VM with a view to buying a copy for my live system. I’ve been watching with interest since the initial release and it sounds like v1.2 has addressed many of the outstanding issues.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:38 pm

I spent some time with MM UI+ in my test VM and I am still seeing some of the old original blue theme.

Blue text in View Song List (Music)
Old focus icons on play all and search (Music)
Blue text in Search (Music)
Old focus icons on play slide show (Picture Library)
Old focus icons on play all (Video Library)
Blue text throughout Settings
Blue menu transition effect in Settings
Old focus icon for Burn CD/DVD

Blue tint on inactive items on custom strips. I believe this tint colour is baked into the Media Center code. The trouble is, it creates a mismatch with the standard menu strips in this theme. One workaround would be to tint the standard menu strips so that they match the colour of the custom strip.

Whilst exploring Settings I found I would consistently experience a crash to desktop if I selected; Settings > General > Startup and Window Behaviour

I noticed that sometimes the Weather text is obscured by the time.
Attachments
BlueBits.png

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:41 pm

I have now been able to test out the new guide and I must say it is very impressive! I think it will make it to my live system. I have found some more of the old original blue theme. Perhaps this is intentional? But I think I will have to re-theme these and the above elements:

Old focus icons on add recording and view scheduled (Recorded TV)
Blue text in Search (TV)
Blue text in Record Settings, View Scheduled, Series, History, etc.

I am finding that I am not getting the Rotten Tomatoes scores or content ratings. I have all the metadata options ticked (and no theme mods enabled).
Attachments
Movie2.png
Movie1.png

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:32 am

Here is a list of the image resources which got missed and show elements of the original theme.

AUDIO.TRACKPLAYING.BAR.PNG
AUDIO.TRACKPLAYING.GRID.PNG
AUDIO.TRACKPLAYING.MASK.PNG
BROWSE.CMD.ADD.FOCUS.PNG
BROWSE.CMD.PLAY.FOCUS.PNG
BROWSE.CMD.SEARCH.FOCUS.PNG
BROWSE.CMD.SCHEDULED.FOCUS.PNG
EPG.CATEGORY.HIGHLIGHT.PNG
EPG.CATEGORY.LINE.PNG
STARTMENU.QUICKLINK.BURNCD.FOCUS.PNG

W10MC

Post by W10MC » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:15 pm

IT Troll wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:38 pm
I am still seeing some of the old original blue theme.
Yes, some of the blue elements remain. It has been difficult to track down the source of some items. In addition, most of the remaining blue text seems to be located in locale-specific files, which requires editing additional resources to make changes.
IT Troll wrote:
I would consistently experience a crash to desktop if I selected; Settings > General > Startup and Window Behaviour
The crash may be a result of testing in a VM as I do not experience this behavior in a normal desktop environment.
IT Troll wrote:
I noticed that sometimes the Weather text is obscured by the time.
When running in a 4:3 aspect ratio, the reduced margins can cause the text to be cut off; it appears correctly in 16:9. This will be fixed in the next update.
IT Troll wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:41 pm
I am not getting the Rotten Tomatoes scores or content ratings.
This appears to be broken again. It will be fixed in the next release.
-Mike

Windows 10 Media Center Community
An independent project for media application development.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:24 pm

W10MC wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:15 pm
Yes, some of the blue elements remain. It has been difficult to track down the source of some items. In addition, most of the remaining blue text seems to be located in locale-specific files, which requires editing additional resources to make changes.
Could be something like that. I am based in the UK and so my locale will be en-gb. I know Media Center Themer substitutes resources in a number of files e.g. ehres.dll, microsoft.mediacenter.shell.dll, microsoft.mediacenter.ui.dll, startresources.dll
W10MC wrote:
The crash may be a result of testing in a VM as I do not experience this behavior in a normal desktop environment.
Maybe, it doesn't crash on a VM without ModernMedia UI+ though.
W10MC wrote:
When running in a 4:3 aspect ratio, the reduced margins can cause the text to be cut off; it appears correctly in 16:9. This will be fixed in the next update.
Yeah, I worked that out after posting. I would imagine most real systems will be 16:9.