ModernMedia UI+ - Modern Theme and All-New Features

Paint

Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

Re: ModernMedia UI+ - Modern Theme and All-New Features

#201

Post by Paint » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:16 pm

thanks

joelkirzner

Posts: 86
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:18 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#202

Post by joelkirzner » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:29 pm

Can the developer please release an update to get rid of the trial period warning in the bottom right of the screen?

I have purchased THREE licenses and all three of my machines have the warning pop up at first startup.

I understand the fact that when I have WMC startup with Windows startup, apparently MM UI needs to validate a license and doesn't have a chance at that moment.
I have also experienced the warning popping up randomly even after closing and restarting WMC after an initial boot.

This is getting a bit annoying.
WMC is pretty much dead. How many folks are actually pirating this plugin. How many even know about it!?!

Remove the warning!

Paint

Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#203

Post by Paint » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:04 pm

joelkirzner wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:29 pm
Can the developer please release an update to get rid of the trial period warning in the bottom right of the screen?

I have purchased THREE licenses and all three of my machines have the warning pop up at first startup.

I understand the fact that when I have WMC startup with Windows startup, apparently MM UI needs to validate a license and doesn't have a chance at that moment.
I have also experienced the warning popping up randomly even after closing and restarting WMC after an initial boot.

This is getting a bit annoying.
WMC is pretty much dead. How many folks are actually pirating this plugin. How many even know about it!?!

Remove the warning!
I also license this addin and get similar "trial" pop-ups from time to time. Perhaps we can remove the "phone home" license check?

User avatar
W10MC

Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:45 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#204

Post by W10MC » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:50 pm

joelkirzner wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:29 pm
Can the developer please release an update to get rid of the trial period warning in the bottom right of the screen?
This issue will be resolved in the next release. Thanks for your patience.
-Mike

Windows 10 Media Center Community
An independent project for media application development.

Paint

Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#205

Post by Paint » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:37 pm

W10MC wrote:
joelkirzner wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:29 pm
Can the developer please release an update to get rid of the trial period warning in the bottom right of the screen?
This issue will be resolved in the next release. Thanks for your patience.
Image

Gripweed

Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:35 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#206

Post by Gripweed » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:48 am

I probably am missing something pretty obvious as I only played with MMUI+ for the first time for a few hours last night - is there any way to display the guide in the old WMC blue guide color rather than boring, hard to read, black and white? I use WMC primarily as a DVR and not as a library or player and so really do not need 95% of the features of MMUI+. My main interest in it is the additional "NEW", "Repeat" and "Live" labels in the EPG guide. I'll pass on having them if I have to deal with black and white. Surely there has to be a setting somewhere to allow the adjustment of a program's background colors but I don't know where to look.

Paint

Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#207

Post by Paint » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:06 am

Gripweed wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:48 am
I probably am missing something pretty obvious as I only played with MMUI+ for the first time for a few hours last night - is there any way to display the guide in the old WMC blue guide color rather than boring, hard to read, black and white? I use WMC primarily as a DVR and not as a library or player and so really do not need 95% of the features of MMUI+. My main interest in it is the additional "NEW", "Repeat" and "Live" labels in the EPG guide. I'll pass on having them if I have to deal with black and white. Surely there has to be a setting somewhere to allow the adjustment of a program's background colors but I don't know where to look.
Uncheck the "Enable Theme" check box at the top left of the GUI screen

Gripweed

Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:35 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#208

Post by Gripweed » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:29 am

And then I lose the "New","Repeat", and "Live" label features. Basically what I want are the new features of the MMUI+ theme but with the old color scheme or at least a better choice of a color scheme than just black and white.

Paint

Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#209

Post by Paint » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:33 am

Gripweed wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:29 am
And then I lose the "New","Repeat", and "Live" label features. Basically what I want are the new features of the MMUI+ theme but with the old color scheme or at least a better choice of a color scheme than just black and white.
I guess @W10MC has to separate the theme options to allow for this in the app.

User avatar
aquadextrous

Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:09 pm
Location: Bristol, UK

HTPC Specs: Show details

#210

Post by aquadextrous » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:40 pm

I prefer the old guide layout style (mainly because on a 65" TV MMUI guide is just too massive and a feels a bit of a waste of screen real-estate), but i do like the features of MMUI+ like the extra labels and information plus the 4k screen support. Maybe of help is that if you use epg123's Tweak WMC feature (or other WMC editors) to change the guide settings then you get the old guide style back - and for me means i have about 15 rows of guide data showing nicely on the screen. this method retains the new tags (though in the description box under the guide rather than in the guide) but gives the guide a bit more flexibility.. if this doesnt work how you waned simply disabling MMUI theme and re-enabling it restores the MMUI guide back.
Also in terms of colours etc accross WMC with MMUI+ - i use Media center themer to add different icons, fonts and colours etc back into WMC - though i have kept the black background.

Image

Image

User avatar
W10MC

Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:45 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#211

Post by W10MC » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:10 pm

Gripweed wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:48 am
is there any way to display the guide in the old WMC blue guide color
There is no option to adjust the background color in UI+. However, I recommend using Media Center Themer alongside UI+ if you want to further customize the theme.

To use the original blue background in WMC, download the attached images and place them in %ProgramData%\Media Center Themer.

Then use the following in your MCT theme file:

Code: Select all

<Resources>
	<Rcdata>
		<Resource Id="COMMON.BACKGROUND.PNG">
			<Replace File="COMMON.BACKGROUND.PNG" />
		</Resource>
		<Resource Id="COMMON.ANIMATED.BACKGROUND.PNG">
			<Replace File="COMMON.ANIMATED.BACKGROUND.PNG" />
		</Resource>
	</Rcdata>
</Resources>
Attachments
COMMON.ANIMATED.BACKGROUND.PNG
COMMON.BACKGROUND.PNG
-Mike

Windows 10 Media Center Community
An independent project for media application development.

joelkirzner

Posts: 86
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:18 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#212

Post by joelkirzner » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:32 pm

I actually really like the black background and minimalist look of MM UI. The original WMC is dated and tired looking.
Kudos to the developer!

Gripweed

Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:35 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#213

Post by Gripweed » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Mike,
It sounds like your fix is just what I'm looking for. I'll give it a try tonight. A thousand thank yous in advance.
What can I say, some people like vanilla and chocolate and others prefer more exotic flavors.

Post Reply