Netflix Script Error

n4mwd

HTPC Specs: Show details

Netflix Script Error

Post by n4mwd » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:14 am

I have watched several movies today with no problem. Suddenly I'm getting:

========================================================================

Script Error
An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 278
Char: 300
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
Code: 0
URL: http://cdn1.nflxext.com/FilePackageGett ... 0200200000

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

[Yes] [No]

==================================

Is anyone else getting this error? It says at the bottom something about a Wi Player, but I don't have one of those and am using WMC exclusively.

trackman3

Post by trackman3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:28 am

Yes, I got the same message. It happens on two of my computers, both using Windows Media Center, but works fine in a browser. Have you tried reverting to a previous restore point in Windows?

Hagrinas

Post by Hagrinas » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:30 am

I just got the same thing for the first time. Considering yours is the only message about it, and it's the same day, I'd say they may have broken something and it's not on the computer. What I was doing immediately before it happened was using Netflix. What I was watching ended, and I tried to watch something else. Ever since, I get that message.

devmorgan

Post by devmorgan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:36 am

I am getting the same error message as well. Can't find anything else about it except here.

NinjaKitten

Post by NinjaKitten » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:37 am

Get the same error on 2 machines, and a 3rd won't even start to load anything. Just sits at the loading bar and won't do anything. Browser works fine though.

trackman3

Post by trackman3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:44 am

I just tried restoring Windows to a previous restore point, and that didn't help. Also, I tried uninstalling the Netflix Media Center program and reinstalling it. Still didn't work. Haven't tried reinstalling silverlight. I think you're right. It's probably something on their end.

kebrady

Post by kebrady » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:03 am

same here!! sooooo frustrating... called netflix... they were clueless... can access it from internet if I go out of WMC, but that kind of defeats the purpose now.... :thumbdown:

AtomicCEO

Post by AtomicCEO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:16 am

I'm getting the same message. Works ok in IE, but the WMC player isn't working for any video. :thumbdown:

makryger

Post by makryger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:19 am

Here we go again!
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

jawz101

Post by jawz101 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:20 am

Had to have been Windows Updates that ran on Patch Tuesdayhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_Tuesday as I did have a 'Windows just finished installing updates' msg on my computer today and had been postponing the reboot last night (while I was still watching Netflix.) This evening I came home to this error msg. I uninstalled all updates from MS this week and still not working.

reset IE settings to default (though IE 10 works)
uninstalled playready, silverlight, WMC, WMP and the Netflix addon for WMC
reinstalled all that stuff

uninstalled all Microsoft updates from this week
Killed all processes that used .net
reinstalled MS updates from this week

still no go
Last edited by jawz101 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

trackman3

Post by trackman3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:21 am

Well said..."here we go again!". A few days ago, I spent over two hours getting it to work. I finally figured it out...but no help from Netflix. They refused to give me any help. All it took as checking a certain checkbox. They could have told me that...but they wouldn't.

AtomicCEO

Post by AtomicCEO » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:24 am

jawz101 wrote:Had to have been Windows Updates that ran on Patch Tuesdayhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_Tuesday as I did have a 'Windows just finished installing updates' msg on my computer today and had been postponing the reboot last night (while I was still watching Netflix.) This evening I came home to this error msg. I uninstalled all updates from MS this week and still not working.
I dont know about that... my machines should all be set to not automatically download and install patches, unless I messed something up. I should be running the same software today as I was when it was working.

Yeah, I just tried to play something from Netflix where I'm still getting the "You have updates to install" message, and I get the same error.
Last edited by AtomicCEO on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

jawz101

Post by jawz101 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:27 am

well then it could be that url maybe http://cdn1.nflxext.com/FilePackageGett ... 1-5.js?v=1
[edit: put X's where I believe my account number is in the URL]

We may need to contact netflix again & give them that url considering
a) one person has said they haven't installed any MS updates from this week
b) multiple users experiencing it specifically via WMC

I'm running Windows 7 if that makes any difference. Maybe it's limited to just Windows 7 users? I browsed to that link in my error msg and it redirects to Netflix's homepage.

I saw on another forum a url that did pull up something (http://cdn.nflxext.com/FilePackageGette ... 1-2.js?v=1) but their error was via the browser and it works.
I'm guessing that last part after wi-player is some unique identifier for different ways to watch (WMC, iPad, PS3..etc) and maybe WMC in this instance isn't working. Just a guess
Last edited by jawz101 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:15 am

And this error seems to be back again tonight.. Anyone have a fix?? I really hate how MS and Netflix keep playing the blame game when this thing crashes. Can't they just work together and Fix it? Or even better how about Updating the UI?? Grr :evil:
Last edited by newfiend on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruderthanyou

Post by ruderthanyou » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:16 am

I'm experiencing the same issue as the OP. Have Windows 7 x64. System did get patched. Called Netflix, they told me to call Microsoft. Best support in the world they got there. Anyway, based on the comments here, this doesn't sound like a Microsoft issue, but something on Netflix's side. I am on hold with Microsoft but I'm thinking the conversation going to be pointless with them.

ahecht

Post by ahecht » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:18 am

I just got off the phone with Netflix, and the phone rep (who initially wanted to pass me off to Microsoft, but kept helping me after I pointed out that I have 3 PCs with the identical problem) said that he found a note in their system that as of today are no longer compatible with Windows Media Center. Their only supported method for streaming on Windows is through a web browser. They did not rule out the possibility that a future upgrade would restore compatibility.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:21 am

We need to get Erkotz on this... Hey Erkotz.. HELP?!?! Can you look into this please!
Thanks,
newfiend~

ruderthanyou

Post by ruderthanyou » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:22 am

ahecht wrote:I just got off the phone with Netflix, and the phone rep (who initially wanted to pass me off to Microsoft, but kept helping me after I pointed out that I have 3 PCs with the identical problem) said that he found a note in their system that as of today are no longer compatible with Windows Media Center. Their only supported method for streaming on Windows is through a web browser. They did not rule out the possibility that a future upgrade would restore compatibility.
Thanks. Just hung up the phone with Microsoft. At least I won't waste anymore time on hold.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:28 am

Sent Erkotz a PM.. We'll see what happens next.
newfiend~

Mat3

Post by Mat3 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:29 am

Same problem, found this forum after some Google searches. Win7 x64. I had watched three movies today, five minutes after watching the last, I go to start another and get the script error right at the start. Internet Explorer seems fine.

I uninstalled and re-installed Netflix for Media Center, Silverlight, and Media Center itself, but no change. Also tried logging in as a different Windows user (eliminates the chance that it's some kind of corruption with a temp folder/file), same error.
My system is configured to not install updates unless I tell it, and no windows update were installed between the time it was working and the time it wasn't. The problem is that something changed in the middle of the day that made it stop working and it's reasonable to say that change didn't happen on my system.

I tried the Netflix chat support, frienldy enough, but wasn't familiar with Windows Media Center. At the very least, he said he would let the developers know. Oh well, I think I was watching too many movies anyways :P

Edit: you'd think if they were dropping support for something, they'd let the customers and especially their support people know!