Yammm - Where?

jachin99

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by jachin99 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:07 am

I uninstalled Ceton MMC, Installed YAMM version 13.10.28.1336, and made the change referenced above. I now have full metadata in the Movies strip in WMC. I also resized some artwork, and the UI in Movies is much quicker.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:37 pm

jachin99 wrote:I uninstalled Ceton MMC, Installed YAMM version 13.10.28.1336, and made the change referenced above. I now have full metadata in the Movies strip in WMC. I also resized some artwork, and the UI in Movies is much quicker.
If your using the built in WMC Movie Library...here is a tip...

If you have a ton of movies, when you first enter it, all the movies are blank for about 3-10 seconds then they all come back. The way to fix this issue, go into settings>General>Automatic Download Options> Uncheck "Retrieve CD album art, Media information for DVDs and movies.."

Reboot and try again. That delay happens because WMC checks for Updated content every time your open it, by disabling this, it will not check and the movie art loads right away.

It took me almost 2 years to figure this one out....
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:23 pm

vseven wrote:I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and the Win8 version of Yamm won't even install. Pops up a warning that you must be running Windows 8 or higher. The author did mention on missingremote that there were newer versions from 2016 floating around but went silent after that. If I could get the source code I could probably compile it, maybe someone with a account over there can tag him and ask again.
I found the source for YAMMM. I can't remember which one but it was on a sourceforge, or codeplex type site. Either way, I'm sure the lisencing info is in there somewhere. I'll try to attach it but if it doesn't work, I can always email it to you if your still interested.
Attachments
YAMM.zip
(677.8 KiB) Downloaded 189 times