WMC + HDHR Prime not displaying all digital channels

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
mdamron2

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC + HDHR Prime not displaying all digital channels

Post by mdamron2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:59 am

I have purchased and installed silicon dust HD home run prime in my htpc. Installed the sdv, and Ran through the driver disc and the setup in wmc. I am with cox digital cable . activated the cable card and tried some channels. I seem to be missing about half of the digital channels. I get a blue screen with the message "subscription required". Checked with cox to make sure that I am supposed to get this channels like the discovery channel in HD. Can't figure out what is going on does any one have any ideas

Thanks for the help

T Rush

Post by T Rush » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:33 am

hmmm...I have a Prime, and after WMC installs PlayReady and runs the Digital Cable Advisor with everything done to go thru its pseudo CableCARD activation, WMC automatically fills out the Guide with every single cable channel available from Mediacom...tho many of those I dont have the subscription for, so I do know the message you are getting

when i first got my Prime, it was a real pain to get the CableCARD working at all...even had a really good tech guy show up and and spend a long time doing everything; at first they thought I wasnt getting the best connection, so they replaced most of the cabling to the Prime(I think this is important for the CableCARD to receive the full line-up)..and then he spent a long time working with activation from their end(he finally even cleared it so I'd temporarily get every channel possible even tho I didnt pay for all of those)...but still I got nothing, or maybe just the most basic stuff I'd get without a CableCARD, and he left dumb founded....then magically the next day or two it worked

so you might just try making sure your Prime has the best possible signal strength, and then wait it out a bit to see if the Card OOB Lock, Card Authentication, and Channel List 'take'

you do have a "Channel Lineup" right?
network > HDHomerun > and this opens in a browser
then this

also try getting your channels in their "Quick TV" app...so you know if the Prime is getting them so that Media Center can use them

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:45 am

mdamron2 wrote:I get a blue screen with the message "subscription required".
When you see this message, it's because the CableCARD thinks you aren't subscribed to that channel. That means Cox has not properly setup your CableCARD. You'll need to call them and have them set it up correctly. Don't call your local office...call the main CableCARD hotline at 888-556-1193.

mdamron2

Post by mdamron2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Thanks for the replys I have an update. I went to cable card status and found card activation none. I have called cox twice and they say it is active. So what is going on.Image

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Your CableCard is not properly paired with your tuner. You need to call your cable company again. Provide them with the HostID and CableCard ID and ask them to pair the card again. Keep them on the phone until the tuner status page shows the CC is activated.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

mdamron2

Post by mdamron2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:03 pm

I will do that when I get home thanks for the help

T Rush

Post by T Rush » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:17 pm

mdamron2 wrote:... I went to cable card status and found card activation none...
mine also says "none" there too....but I dont think it thats necessary, as I still get all my subscribed HD channels(that you have to have the CableCARD for)

but I'll ask again: do you have the "Channel Lineup"...as that seems to be the key to receiving the proper subscribed channels...and in that list(the photos I first posted) you can see "All Channels" vs the ones you get "Subscribed Channels"...if the CableCARD doesnt have that list(mine shows "Channel List = cablecard-oob" vs yours showing "Channel List = tuning-resolver") you might only be getting the "Basic Channels"

mdamron2

Post by mdamron2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:53 pm

I will look when I get home from work thanks if that is the problem how do I fix it

T Rush

Post by T Rush » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:43 pm

well that was my problem...we just could not get the channel list received into the CableCARD...even tried three different cards ....I had help from both Mediacom and Silicondust forums(just looked, and my threads seem to be purged now)...unless some higher up flipped a magic switch somewhere out there....it just took some time to wait it out till the CableCARD grabbed its channel list from the ether

mdamron2

Post by mdamron2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:26 pm

I had the ceton inifitv 6 for a week with the same problem. Tech support was a joke. Their idea to fix it was to keep updating the drivers

mdamron2

Post by mdamron2 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:00 am

Alright I checked the channel lineup. All the channels are there but I still have tuning resolver and still missing most of my channels in wmc
I have checked the quick TV i seem to be missing the same channels

T Rush

Post by T Rush » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:04 am

ugh, so then its not Media Center...and you need to focus on the CableCARD and COX...until you at least get your extra paid channel package showing in the Channel Lineup and displaying thru Quick TV

mdamron2

Post by mdamron2 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:07 am

I have the cable guy coming out Friday morning

mdamron2

Post by mdamron2 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:48 pm

The cable man came out and changed out my cable card and tuning adaptor. I now have all the channels I'm supposed to get.

Thanks for all the help.. could not have done it with out you