HDHR only showing up as one available tuner

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
wanabefree

HTPC Specs: Show details

HDHR only showing up as one available tuner

Post by wanabefree » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:07 am

I have a problem that I can not figure out. I have both an HDHR-Prime and a standard HDHR that I am using for Clear QAM channels. I am using Verizon Fios and my HDHR-Prime works perfect but when I setup the HDHR it only shows as one tuner available instead of 2. I also have a small problem were not all available channels show up in the guide even though I can see both tuners and all available channels in the Silicondust HDHR setup and TV programs.
I have tried several times to reinstall my tuners including re running the HDHR config program but no matter what I do I only get one available HDHR tuner. I do get all the HDHR-Prime tuners but 4 out of 5 is not what I want.
I posted this over on the Silicondust boards but have not received any responses yet. My searches have not come up with a clear fix for this. I did read something about deleting the ehome directory or all files in it to start over but am nor comfortable doing that without some assurance I am doing the right thing and not going to hose the whole system.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:10 am

Did you find a resolution to this issue? If not, I would test the HDHR Dual with another Windows system, such as a laptop, and see if the missing tuner issue happens there.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

jziggity

Post by jziggity » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:07 pm

The missing tuner would be a result of the WMC limit to 4 tuners of the same type, no?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:29 pm

I believe the limit allows 4 x ClearQAM, 4 x CableCard, or 4 x ATSC. He has 3 CableCard tuners and 2 ClearQAM tuners so he is within the limits.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Go into the SD Set-up Program and make sure all five tuners are there. Also check that the Prime is selected as CABLECARD and the HDHR is selected as DIGITAL. That should remove the number of tuner issue. You will have to re-run tv set-up to get the tuners into Media Center and when you do make sure all five tuners are detected. You could have this problem is you failed to run the DCA and MC set-up as only digital cable tuners and not cableCARD and digital cable. But you should know if you have an issue as soon as you get the results from tv set-up. You can also install tuner salad which I think now supports a tremendous number of tuners (like 16 or more) of each type (ATSC, Digital cable, cableCARD, NTSC).