WMC suddenly thinks my digital antenna is QAM?

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
CZ Eddie

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC suddenly thinks my digital antenna is QAM?

Post by CZ Eddie » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:21 am

I don't have any cable TV, all I have is OTA via my hdhomerun two-tuner.
One of the old beige colored units.
Reinstalled Windows and did a WMC tuner setup and it thinks both tuners are QAM.
Re-ran a few times. Every time it either thinks both tuners are Clear QAM or it thinks one is QAM and the other is normal.

Anyone else seen this issue?
  • Model: HDHR-US
  • Firmware: 20200225

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:11 am

ATSC and QAM turners are the same in hardware. WMC, during the "Examining TV Signals" phase, will tune your tuners to specific frequencies to try and determine if they are being used for ATSC or QAM. It sounds like you are getting some signal on frequency(ies) that are associated with QAM and WMC decides that is what they are.

So, during TV Setup, when it gets to the "Examining TV Signals" phase, click [Cancel] to advance to the "TV Signal Detection Result" and select 'Let me configure my TV signal manually'... you can then select Antenna to get it set up properly.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

CZ Eddie

Post by CZ Eddie » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:18 pm

garyan2 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:11 am when it gets to the "Examining TV Signals" phase, click [Cancel] to advance to the "TV Signal Detection Result" and select 'Let me configure my TV signal manually'... you can then select Antenna to get it set up properly.
Many thanks, Gary. These directions worked perfectly! :thumbup: