Anyone losing picture with HDHomeRun Prime

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
HBGDawg

HTPC Specs: Show details

Anyone losing picture with HDHomeRun Prime

Post by HBGDawg » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:37 pm

I am using an HDHomeRun Prime on a WMC Win 7 set up with tuning adapter and cable card on Spectrum in Austin TX. Once or twice a month, I lose the channel and it goes to the image below. If I tune away from the channel and then back, it resolve the issue. The big problem is when I am away from home and DVRing and this happens which means the show is unviewable. Any ideas what this could be? I have submitted a ticket to SiliconDust.
IMG_20190906_171324.jpg

john321

Post by john321 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:28 pm

Have you tried going to the tuner's internal web page and looking at the signal strength and quality when you are watching that channel? Signal strength should be between +7 and -7dB (0dB is perfect), and signal quality should be 35 or higher.

See attached pic from my tuner.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (35.22 KiB) Viewed 508 times

HBGDawg

Post by HBGDawg » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:45 pm

john321 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:28 pm
Have you tried going to the tuner's internal web page and looking at the signal strength and quality when you are watching that channel? Signal strength should be between +7 and -7dB (0dB is perfect), and signal quality should be 35 or higher.

See attached pic from my tuner.

Capture.JPG
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have checked and the tuner appears to think it has a good signal. I have been in contact with support for SiliconDust and they think it is a driver/video card issue with my NUC. I am not sure that is the case, because when it happens, I can minimize WMC and go to the OS page and everything appears fine. If I then go back to WMC that channel is still showing the same way. If I go up or down a channel, the picture is fine, even if I return to the original channel. So something along the way is corrupting the picture. My config is a Spectrum tuning adapter, cable card, HDHomeRun Prime and then an Intel NUC (Win 7) and a Sony TV. I have swapped everything out except for the NUC and HDHomeRun Prime so the problem appears to be in one of the two of them. I am updating my BIOS and video driver to see if that resolves it. Any other ideas you think I should try?