Man of Steel: Your reaction?

makryger

HTPC Specs: Show details

Man of Steel: Your reaction?

Post by makryger » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:56 am

Just wanted to hear what everyone thought of the new Superman movie? Superman is my favorite superhero, and I was really looking forward to the Christopher Nolan/Zach Snyder partnership.

In my opinion, it suffered from the "transformers" effect. It just dragged on as one big battle scene for way too long, like Transformers 3. It ended up being a generic alien-invasion movie that just so happened to feature Superman.

The great thing about Superman is how he is a figure for people to rally behind, a figure of hope. Someone who fights for truth, justice, and the American way. Heck, they even redefined what the 'S' stands for in the movie to call it Hope. But they never actually ended up exploring it. I liked the juxtaposition of Clark's early life and him becoming superman, but they ended up abandoning all that once Zod showed up.

I hate to say it, but I was disappointed. :(
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

bmblank

Post by bmblank » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:33 am

I haven't seen any if the superman movies, but the whole superman growing up thing reminds me of Smallville. I think they did a good job with that show.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:44 am

A buddy of mine also told me he was disappointed in exactly the same way.

I was similarly disappointed with Die Hard 5. Hollywood seems to be making a single movie over and over again, and just putting different costumes/faces into it.

DJ DOC

Post by DJ DOC » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:30 pm

In the beginning I thought I was watching the Sci-Fi Channel but by the end of the movie I think that they redeemed themselves.

Markwinstanley

Post by Markwinstanley » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:10 am

Man of Steel Was awesome movie of 2013 Calender year. Amy Adams my favorite character in this movie.

mike_ekim

Post by mike_ekim » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:57 pm

makryger wrote:In my opinion, it suffered from the "transformers" effect. It just dragged on as one big battle scene for way too long, like Transformers 3. It ended up being a generic alien-invasion movie that just so happened to feature Superman.
I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels that way. A lot of guys actually like action movies with solid storylines and writing.

Venom51

Post by Venom51 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:20 am

Markwinstanley wrote:Man of Steel Was awesome movie of 2013 Calender year. Amy Adams my favorite character in this movie.
I'd watch copper tarnish is she was standing in front of it while it happened.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:35 pm

Nice setup there in the "War Room". Looks like they have a bit of a signal problem though.
Attachments
ManOfSteel.jpg