New Nvidia drivers for old GPUs and O/S

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
IT Troll

HTPC Specs: Show details

New Nvidia drivers for old GPUs and O/S

Post by IT Troll » Sun May 22, 2022 1:58 pm

NVIDIA has released a software security update display driver for GeForce GPUs to be used with Windows 7/8/10 which are no longer supported by Game Ready Drivers.

The driver supports older GPU hardware which ordinarily don't get driver updates:
  • NVIDIA TITAN SERIES
  • GEFORCE 10 SERIES
  • GEFORCE 900 SERIES
  • GEFORCE 700 SERIES
  • GEFORCE 600 SERIES
https://www.nvidia.com/drivers
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

Space

Post by Space » Sun May 22, 2022 8:26 pm

I would do a system image backup and create a system restore point before installing any drivers, this way if they don't work properly with WMC, you can go back to the old ones easily (first try going back to the restore point, and if that fails, you can try installing the old drivers and if that fails you can resort to doing an image restore).

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:12 am

These new drivers have been mostly fine, however I have experienced an intermittent incorrect black-level issue in Media Center since installing them. It is fine most of the time, but occasionally black appears grey. Quitting and restarting Media Center fixes it (I have Media Center running full screen 24/7). I think it might be because the colour settings in the driver reverted to application controlled. I have switched these to driver (Nvidia) controlled. Hopefully that will do the trick.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1