Firmware updates question

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
bernie_xg

HTPC Specs: Show details

Firmware updates question

Post by bernie_xg » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:38 am

So I read a bunch of threads, and it seems to me, that with ceton website down, there is no current way to apply firmware updates, much less us the recovery tool (that needed MAC information)
Is that accurate or am I missing something?

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:02 pm

This is exactly the reason why I sold all my echos last year and switched to Nvidia Shield TV with Emby live TV and DVR.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:58 am

bernie_xg wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:38 am So I read a bunch of threads, and it seems to me, that with ceton website down, there is no current way to apply firmware updates, much less us the recovery tool (that needed MAC information)
Is that accurate or am I missing something?
On the PC with the Ceton card installed, Open Network (You may need to add this to your desktop if you don't have it enabled already.)
Once Network is open under Media Devices you should see the Ceton Card listed. Right Click the Ceton Card and select View Device Web page.
Once that opens (in a web browser) scroll to the bottom.
On the bottom left it should say Firmware Update and have a button to choose the Firmware file you want to use. (This will allow you to select the location on your PC where the firmware file is located for updating/uploading DO NOT select a firmware from the cloud aka my one drive as the"location",.. you want this firmware on your PC hard drive, Download the firmware to your PC before updating!)
Select the firmware file you want to install. You can find them here https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aoj9ycfk0K8IoIZdd0u ... g?e=SuN0nb
Use at your own risk. I take no responsibility if it bricks you card(s)!
Hit the Upload button to start the installation. It can take up to 5 Minutes.. Be Patient! (Make sure you have exited WMC and no recordings are going before doing any Firmware updates.)
It will take a bit to update and should prompt you to reboot afterwards.
After rebooting I would suggest you open the Ceton Diagnostic Utility / Devices Tab and hit Reset Network Settings button, then Clear Tuner Configuration button then Reboot, After Reboot then open Ceton Diagnostic Utility again, Then hit Discover Tuners on Devices Tab, close Ceton Diagnotic Utility. Once that is done Run through Tuner Setup in WMC again and set it back up.
Hope that helps anyone who can't update through the regular Ceton Diagnostic utility now.
newfiend~

bernie_xg

Post by bernie_xg » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:42 am

Thank you much for that is good stuff.

Is there anything that helps with the Ceton Echo firmware? Say I want to try different versions on one I grab from ebay to see which is more stable.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:21 am

bernie_xg wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:42 am Thank you much for that is good stuff.

Is there anything that helps with the Ceton Echo firmware? Say I want to try different versions on one I grab from ebay to see which is more stable.
Unfortunately not that I know of, Sorry.
newfiend~

seang86s

Post by seang86s » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:22 am

It appears the Ceton website is back up. The Echo i recently obtained with an older firmware upgraded to the latest this past weekend.

If you're looking to upgrade or grab something from the website. Now would be the time to do so.

dhwinner

Post by dhwinner » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:52 am

Can you please share which firmware version this latest on is?

Thank you

Analyzer52

Post by Analyzer52 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:04 pm

I know this is old but I still use several Echo without issue. Recently bought 3 used ones. Two have old firmware that doesn't appear to access the Echo Plug-in not sure why tried different things but just won't open on those two boxes. Anyone know how to fix this as I want to change it to load directly to live TV like all my other ones and possibly update the firmware if there is a way without Ceton Servers. Any help appreciated.