InfiniTV 6 PCIe - All channels "No Signal"

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
DavidinCT

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV 6 PCIe - All channels "No Signal"

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:25 am

Hey all,

I have been troubleshooting my HTPC for a few days now. I finally got a new cablecard today(figuring to RULE that out) and I get the same result, every channel will go to "No Signal". I dual boot my HTPC with 7 and 8.1, both OS's show the same result.

If I go into Ceton diag, when I test the channel, it goes to auth ok and shows no error with signal. If I dis-connect the cable line, I get a clear "weak signal" in the Ceton tools, so it DOES see the signal but, not in WMC. I tried run a new cable DIRECTLY from where the cable comes in the home, I re-applied the newest firmware with no change.

My last test was, connect the OLD ATI Cablecard tuner (I still have mine from the Vista days), use the same cables as the InfiniTV 6, pull cablecard from the InfiniTV, put in ATI, connect USB. Got a Pop up on WMC about a new tuner (still supported, huh ?) and ran tuner setup. Tuned channels with no problem. This 100% rules out cable line and Cablecard.

I was just about to go on Ceton's site and submit a trouble ticket....Any other ideas I can try to trouble shoot this card, I hate to have to BUY another one...

Thanks in advance !

BTW: In my case this was designed for this card, air flow was perfect, even a fan above the card to pull heat away from it...Never got a too hot message or anything of the sort...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:39 am

Sounds like a problem with the InfiniTV.. I would contact Ceton. On the Ceton Diagnostic tool on one of the Tabs is a link to the Diagnostic Web Page which may give you more info.. but from all your troubleshooting already sounds like a bad card. :(
you could also remove the card from the PCIe slot and re-seat it just for good measure.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:24 pm

newfiend wrote:Sounds like a problem with the InfiniTV.. I would contact Ceton. On the Ceton Diagnostic tool on one of the Tabs is a link to the Diagnostic Web Page which may give you more info.. but from all your troubleshooting already sounds like a bad card. :(
you could also remove the card from the PCIe slot and re-seat it just for good measure.
Not sure what the problem was. They sent me a big list of things to do, with 2 Patches (Need to get them emailed to you), and a few other things (disable power settings). A list of 8 things... After that it worked.

I restored an IMAGE that I did last week to see if it still worked and it worked, then rebooted into my 8.1 partition, and it's working fine now.

No freaking IDEA on what happend... I sent them a big diag from their tool and they still cant tell me what actually happened.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

The Mac

Post by The Mac » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:07 pm

did you powerdown and cut power during the process?

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:14 pm

Do you have that e-mail, still? Mine is doing the same thing. All channels show green checks in Ceton diags, but nothing shows in Media Center.

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:48 pm

Heh, and I was getting ready to reload Windows - flashed to the latest BIOS and it rebooted to the OS when I missed hitting the button to boot from the thumb drive - now it works. Crazy.