Help setting up bridging on 2 infiniTV 4 tuners

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
leerph

HTPC Specs: Show details

Help setting up bridging on 2 infiniTV 4 tuners

Post by leerph » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:48 am

Hi gang. I currently have 2 infiniTV 4 tuners installed in my htpc and they have been running perfectly for years. I recently got another windows 7 machine for a new theater room and wanted to bridge it so that I could share 1 of my available 8 tuners out to the new pc. Using the guide from Ceton off of the internet has proven fruitless. Once bridged when I continue through setup and select that I only want to use the 1 tuner and then the other 7 remain what I always end up with is that it will assign all 4 tuners from the 1 card to 1 of the PC's and then all 4 tuners from the other Ceton card to the second PC. I tried Ceton support and was told that they don't "support" network bridging they simply allow it in windows 7. LOL. Thanks for nothing Ceton. I have tried to troubleshoot with varying success. I should state that I currently have a static IP address on the current HTPC as well as the one I want to use. I don't know if that is causing the problem or not. At one point I used the instructions I found here:
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =68&t=3926
I was able to create a bridge and get the 1 tuner to work on the new machine. The problem came when I tried to set up the second machine. When I ran through TV setup on WMC as it suggested it correctly saw that I had 2 tuners but wanted to use all 8 instead of just the 7 available. I didn't try running it from the ceton tool b/c that takes you through the bridging process again and I figured that would break the bridge I had already successfully created.

Has anyone been successful in setting up network bridging on a win 7 computer with 2 infinity4 cards installed in it? I'm out of ideas. Also, my other questions is this: If I manually create the bridge as I did in the tutorial above, do I add both of my infinitv cards to the bridge or just 1? Originally I did it with just 1 and that is when I got TV working on the second TV for a while until I tried to set it up on the second PC. So I went back and started over and added both of my cards to the bridge but once I did that wmc and the ceton installer only saw 1 of my cards instead of both. If someone could help me with a walkthrough I sure would appreciate it. My current static IP for my htpc is 172.17.17.200 and the default gateway is 172.17.17.1 Just thought I would share to make discussion a little easier since we can use real numbers for my setup. Thanks for any help!

UPDATE: One crazy thing that is happening is after I start from scratch I will go to the ceton web interface for each card to change the IP to a static address. I can go into the first card and successfully change my IP by taking the check mark out of the box for default IP settings and then typing in my desired IP and subnet mask in the boxes and then clicking on "save network". However, when I do this on the second card from the web interface the setting will not take. As soon as I change the ip and subnet and then click on save it will immediately revert back to the default ip and the check mark repopulates itself for default ip settings. It's like it is locking me out of changing my ip on that second card. Could this be my problem?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:01 pm

Ditch the Ceton tuners and get two HDHR Primes. You will save a lot of time and aggravation and as a bonus, your channel change delay will be almost instant.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:22 am

Scallica wrote:Ditch the Ceton tuners and get two HDHR Primes. You will save a lot of time and aggravation and as a bonus, your channel change delay will be almost instant.
lol, an expensive option when he already has 2 Ceton cards.

@ leerph
I would say if you need to only bridged one card leave the other unbridged just for simplicity sake.

Try these instructions they are basically the same as the ones you followed with about 3 additional steps: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/wiki/index ... indows_8.1 steps 10 & 13 should be what I think will fix your issue. Skipping the Windows 8 drivers of course. XD Please let me or other know if this worked we are always more than happy to help.