Beta firmware candidate for InfiniTV available - 15.1.13.152

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
cats22

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by cats22 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:42 pm

mdavej wrote:Thanks for the correction. I had seen some posts by someone on FIOS who did not have a memory leak. I wonder what it could be.
I have an eth6, no SDV and I have the memory leak, which I solve by doing a weekly reboot. I suspect that if you have an internal card InfiniTV in your desktop computer, that every time you power off or reboot your computer the Infinitv will also reboot so you may not notice the memory leak. I suspect that may apply to the person on FIOS.

cybrsage

Post by cybrsage » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:48 pm

I am on FiOS and I have a very slow memory leak. Very slow, as in a few K a day. Most likely he has not noticed it because it has yet to cross from 12k to 13k or from 13k to 14k. It is there for me, though.

STC

Post by STC » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:32 pm

FYI Eric, not sure if anyone's mentioned this but I loaded up the FW on the ETH a few days ago and notice channel map is bugged:

Code: Select all

One Two Three Four Five <atus.html" class="tab_Six">Six CableCARD Tuning Adapter Help
"width:100%" id="channel_map"> Loading Channel Map...Please wait.  (C) 2012 Ceton Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
My listings are going through a lot of changes at present including analogue phase-out. Checking what's changing head-end via recently received maps is a great method as I can notify Zap2it early and have them match the lineup changes almost as they happen.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

cats22

Post by cats22 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:50 pm

STC wrote:FYI Eric, not sure if anyone's mentioned this but I loaded up the FW on the ETH a few days ago and notice channel map is bugged:

Code: Select all

One Two Three Four Five <atus.html" class="tab_Six">Six CableCARD Tuning Adapter Help
"width:100%" id="channel_map"> Loading Channel Map...Please wait.  (C) 2012 Ceton Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
My listings are going through a lot of changes at present including analogue phase-out. Checking what's changing head-end via recently received maps is a great method as I can notify Zap2it early and have them match the lineup changes almost as they happen.
Try this - it will display the channel map

http://ip-address/view_channel_map.cgi?page=0

STC

Post by STC » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:41 pm

^ Ah perfecto, thank you, works nicely.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

cybrsage

Post by cybrsage » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:32 pm

Just wanted to post another mention about the memory leak, it definitely still exists even without an SDV. It is slow for me, but it has risen by about 1000kb per week. At this rate, it will run out of memory 2 more weeks.

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:37 pm

Anyone having problems with the "Disable EAS Forwarding" option?

I'm on Comcast in VA and the script is not working, at least not with the Child Abduction Alert they just pushed. I've tried closing WMC, running the script, and restarting WMC; also tried rebooting, running the script, and then starting WMC. The message always pops up. I've tried running it once and multiple times. I've tried with WMC closed, and WMC running in windowed mode, then opening the browser, running the script, then changing the channel in WMC.

IIRC, with an earlier public beta firmware (ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_14_10_3_163) I could close WMC, run the script, and the EAS message would not come back. I'd hate to have to regress, but these overlays are annoying.

Thanks!

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:31 am

Can't edit my above post, but wanted to update it...

I closed WMC so I could watch an ESPN stream, then after that I re-ran the script three times, started WMC and the message is gone. The time on the message said the alert was in effect from 6 PM today until 6 AM tomorrow. Perhaps it took some time for the EAS to be disabled, but that's a guess. Anyway, it's gone now.

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:52 am

annnnnnnnnd it came back. More annoying, a scheduled test message came up while I was watching a live show but with some pause time built up. WMC stopped responding, then came the Service Unavailable message. The only solution was to go into the Guide, which was not immediately available, but eventually came up, and re-tune the channel. Of course, there was no way to recover/resume the program. I closed WMC, re-ran the script, restarted WMC and watched a recorded program. No message watching the recording, but as soon as I went to live TV, the abduction alert came up again.

cats22

Post by cats22 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:55 pm

Sancho wrote:Anyone having problems with the "Disable EAS Forwarding" option?

Thanks!
I use MythTV and I have never seen an emergency alert. Probably MythTV ignores them. Try MythTV, it is great 8-)

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:45 pm

cats22 wrote:
Sancho wrote:Anyone having problems with the "Disable EAS Forwarding" option?

Thanks!
I use MythTV and I have never seen an emergency alert. Probably MythTV ignores them. Try MythTV, it is great 8-)
Two words: Premium Channels :roll:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but only WMC with a CableCARD is going to allow for any copy-protected channels.

cats22

Post by cats22 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:18 pm

Sancho wrote:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but only WMC with a CableCARD is going to allow for any copy-protected channels.
You are correct. However with only subscribing to "Digital Starter" I find there are more programs that I can ever hope to watch. My problem is I have now 700 recordings and more coming every day

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:30 pm

cats22 wrote:
Sancho wrote:

You are correct. However with only subscribing to "Digital Starter" I find there are more programs that I can ever hope to watch. My problem is I have now 700 recordings and more coming every day
The assumption there is what - and only what you like, is exactly the same as what everyone else likes. People have different tastes, might not like the channels/only the channels you get, and thus need to subscribe to a higher package which then comes along with copy-once or copy-never flags for the channels they desire. When that happens - then WMC is the one and only HTPC option (aside from cable co. equipment - or 'viewing only' on Android TV).

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:47 pm

Sancho wrote:annnnnnnnnd it came back. More annoying, a scheduled test message came up while I was watching a live show but with some pause time built up. WMC stopped responding, then came the Service Unavailable message. The only solution was to go into the Guide, which was not immediately available, but eventually came up, and re-tune the channel. Of course, there was no way to recover/resume the program. I closed WMC, re-ran the script, restarted WMC and watched a recorded program. No message watching the recording, but as soon as I went to live TV, the abduction alert came up again.
Are you still using more than 1 card with network bridging? Did you go to the correct tuner GUI when disabling EAS?

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:15 pm

cwinfield wrote:
Sancho wrote:annnnnnnnnd it came back. More annoying, a scheduled test message came up while I was watching a live show but with some pause time built up. WMC stopped responding, then came the Service Unavailable message. The only solution was to go into the Guide, which was not immediately available, but eventually came up, and re-tune the channel. Of course, there was no way to recover/resume the program. I closed WMC, re-ran the script, restarted WMC and watched a recorded program. No message watching the recording, but as soon as I went to live TV, the abduction alert came up again.
Are you still using more than 1 card with network bridging? Did you go to the correct tuner GUI when disabling EAS?
The HTPC in question is not bridged and is using the default Ceton networking setup. So yep, I went to 192.168.200.1. I've never had both cards running network tuners at the same time.

I suspect it has to do with the way Comcast sends the EAS messages. I seem to recall Eric mentioning that in an older pre-beta thread. It didn't show up during playback of recordings (I made sure to close WMC if I'd been watching live TV, re-open, then start the playback). Had the same problem with my other HTPC that is running network tuners. No biggie, it went away... eventually.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:32 pm

The EAS doesn't record because it is an overlay on the picture and not part of the picture. It's generated either on the host for local monitor or on the extender for extender viewing.

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:39 pm

JohnW248 wrote:The EAS doesn't record because it is an overlay on the picture and not part of the picture. It's generated either on the host for local monitor or on the extender for extender viewing.
Quite true, but IIRC, I've seen it appear while watching recordings, if I'd been watching live TV when it appeared, and then started watching a recording without closing and re-opening WMC. I could be mistaken about that, of course, but that's my recollection.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:09 pm

You guys are making me feel like "I'm missing out". I have never seen the EAS on my HTPC, extenders, or MB3 clients. I think I remember seeing the EAS on a cable box once. Maybe I don't watch enough TV.

Is the EAS only directed at housewives? or, Have you seen it during a sports game?

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:37 pm

Crash2009 wrote:You guys are making me feel like "I'm missing out". I have never seen the EAS on my HTPC, extenders, or MB3 clients. I think I remember seeing the EAS on a cable box once. Maybe I don't watch enough TV.

Is the EAS only directed at housewives? or, Have you seen it during a sports game?
No, they only send to women's show, because men who watch sports (real men?) will continue watching sports even if there is a tornado outside, because there is nothing more important that supporting your team! :mrgreen:

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:09 pm

I guess what I was getting at is has anyone ever seen the EAS during an important sports game, such as a game during the play-offs?

At the risk of sounding sexist, Is the EAS part of the WAF? as she is the only one that sees it.

I'm serious, I haven't seen that screen since I had a STB, and that has been years.

Is it possible to prevent the EAS from getting through? maybe I hacked it out and forgot about it.

Maybe the reason I never see it is because I rarely watch the locals. Is it only on the locals?