Beta firmware candidate for InfiniTV available - 15.1.13.152

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
erkotz

HTPC Specs: Show details

Beta firmware candidate for InfiniTV available - 15.1.13.152

Post by erkotz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:40 pm

We have a new pre-beta InfiniTV firmware that we are releasing today, as CableLabs has approved a request that Ceton submitted to remove legacy copy protection requirements. This firmware has undergone very limited testing and is only intended for advanced users. There are no known new issues in this firmware.

The changes are:
-Remove legacy (CGMS-A, APS, RC) Copy Protection Support
-Improve ability to lock OOB signal in a poor signal environment

The removal of legacy copy protection support will resolve issues that people had recording Copy Freely (CCI 0x00) channels after CableCARD firmware updates.

As always, this is pre-beta firmware. If you have trouble, please revert to our newest public beta firmware (http://update.cetoncorp.com/get/infinit ... _163.IMAGE) to see if the problem still occurs. If you are on this firmware and open a support ticket with us, our support staff may ask you to downgrade.

Firmware is at http://www.cetoncorp.com/downloads/ceto ... _152.IMAGE - have fun
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

golfdude

Post by golfdude » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:38 am

the 1st time i tried to install it, it gave a verifcation error, but the 2nd time i tried it did install..

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:26 pm

does this version still have the NDS workaround that causes Cisco cableCARDS to reset if the user opens the diagnostic page to verify boot time and cableCARD FW version?

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:00 pm

No more CGMS-A protected recordings, but opening the CC diag screen still causes CC reset.

Other than that, so far F/W seems stable. Time will tell.

cats22

Post by cats22 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Is this firmware suitable for the InfiniTV 6 eth? Perviously the infinitv 6 had different firmware from other models.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:46 pm

d00zah wrote:No more CGMS-A protected recordings, but opening the CC diag screen still causes CC reset.

Other than that, so far F/W seems stable. Time will tell.
This is intentional and works around an issue in some CableCARD firmwares. There is no plan to change that at this time.
cats22 wrote:Is this firmware suitable for the InfiniTV 6 eth? Previously the infinitv 6 had different firmware from other models.
The InfiniTV 6 ETH uses the same firmware as other InfiniTV products.

signcarver

Post by signcarver » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm

So in other words, you kept the NDS fixes that John asked about that kill the firmware from working more than 3 days without rebooting (more than 1 day if I happen to go to that cablecard page). Since all my channels are protected anyway, I probably won't even try this but was considering it for the big game as they have frequently done some strange protections during it though it is in clear qam.

timaster

Post by timaster » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:01 am

Is anyone else having an issue on the onboard diagnostic web page with corruption? Specifically when I go to the Cablecard tab, and click the link for "Number of Channels", the output is corrupted. Viewing the HTML source shows some random oddball (non-viewable) characters that appear in some of the HTML code, like either maybe the output passes through a gzip/deflate/etc filter or something that isn't working quite right, or its just messed up to begin with. Have flashed the 15.x firmware twice with the same result. I guess if nobody else sees this issue, I will try to redownload the firmware and compare with the one I already grabbed.

The other pages thus far look fine, just the "Number of Channels" link leads to a messed up page. The URL that is messed up is http://IP_OF_MY_ETH6/Services/ChannelMap.html

FWIW, if I direct access the channel map data, the output looks fine. Example:

http://ip_of_my_eth6/view_channel_map.cgi?page=1 outputs a normal page on my eth6. It is only when I try and get it via the ChannelMap.html page, that things break.

**EDIT** Redownloaded firmware, binary file compare shows identical with previous download. I guess I could pull it down with another browser and try that way, but I would assume the unpack process that happens when the image gets uploaded to the eth6 would be checking file integrity.

RyC

Post by RyC » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:23 am

Yeah the Channel Map page is messed up for me too. Other than that, haven't had any issues so far

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:31 pm

Mine seems fine. I installed a few hours ago from a download yesterday with IE 11. Not something I normally check, but when I did it looks fine, clicked all and all the columns line up all the data seems correct. Running internal 6 tuner PCIe on this machine.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:16 pm

signcarver wrote:So in other words, you kept the NDS fixes that John asked about that kill the firmware from working more than 3 days without rebooting (more than 1 day if I happen to go to that cablecard page). Since all my channels are protected anyway, I probably won't even try this but was considering it for the big game as they have frequently done some strange protections during it though it is in clear qam.
John's use case is outside of standard use cases (repeatedly checking a diagnostic page) and has a simple workaround (don't do that). The impact is also minimal (few seconds of no video, which is predictable). This should not cause an issue aside from that. If you are seeing another issue, please clarify what you are seeing.
RyC wrote:Yeah the Channel Map page is messed up for me too. Other than that, haven't had any issues so far
What InfiniTV and browser are you using? I tested on both IE and Chrome and could not repro.

RyC

Post by RyC » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:32 pm

erkotz wrote:
signcarver wrote:So in other words, you kept the NDS fixes that John asked about that kill the firmware from working more than 3 days without rebooting (more than 1 day if I happen to go to that cablecard page). Since all my channels are protected anyway, I probably won't even try this but was considering it for the big game as they have frequently done some strange protections during it though it is in clear qam.
John's use case is outside of standard use cases (repeatedly checking a diagnostic page) and has a simple workaround (don't do that). The impact is also minimal (few seconds of no video, which is predictable). This should not cause an issue aside from that. If you are seeing another issue, please clarify what you are seeing.
RyC wrote:Yeah the Channel Map page is messed up for me too. Other than that, haven't had any issues so far
What InfiniTV and browser are you using? I tested on both IE and Chrome and could not repro.
Sorry forgot to include that, using ETH6. I tried it on Mac on Safari and just tried it on Windows in Chrome. Same issue, this is what I'm seeing.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1421350333535.png

timaster

Post by timaster » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:42 pm

erkotz, I am getting the same exact screen that RyC is getting. I am using an ETH6. Viewing the source shows corruption in the source in the form of undisplayable characters in a few places, some of which are within HTML tags, and hence the result he screen captured. I also tried multiple browsers, as well as wget for windows to download the file and examine it directly. Same results in all attempts. My screen looks EXACTLY like his.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:40 pm

I was able to repro with IE on an InfiniTV 6 ETH on Windows 8. Are all you guys hitting this using InfiniTV ETH? What OS? I'm continuing to dig into why it only affects that setup

RyC

Post by RyC » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:22 pm

erkotz wrote:I was able to repro with IE on an InfiniTV 6 ETH on Windows 8. Are all you guys hitting this using InfiniTV ETH? What OS? I'm continuing to dig into why it only affects that setup
Using ETH, tried on OS X 10.10 and Windows 8.1. Thanks for looking into it

timaster

Post by timaster » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:17 am

Using ETH6, tried from Windows 8.1 IE11, Google Chrome, and even used the unix command "wget", all got the same result.

Dkeyguy1

Post by Dkeyguy1 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:29 pm

I installed it on both InfiniTV4s all looks fine... Windows7 IE11.
Got no InfiniTVs on Win8 currently.
One usb ITV4 not currently assigned a PC. Will update when done.

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:40 pm

Also seeing the channel map display issue on Win7 x64/IE11 & FireFox/InfiniTV Eth6.

timaster

Post by timaster » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:31 pm

From my experimentation, the html that gets pushed out for ChannelMap.html is corrupted. I've gotten the same corruption regardless of browser, OS, etc. I've even used wget and forced header options to get plain text from the embedded web server, and always get identically corrupted text for that page. Why the same code behaves that way on the eth6, and not the others, is a mystery for Ceton to figure out, but it very much seems to be an eth6 specific issue, so that should give them a good clue to start with.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:04 pm

erkotz wrote:
This is a little like:
Patient: "Doctor it hurts when I do this."
Doctor: "Don't do that."

The checking the diagnostic page is one way to verify the uptime of your cableCARD. Without checking any cableCARD tabs, the FW crashed the T6 PCIe in about 18 hours. Truncated a recording (ended at 5:33 pm last night) and restarted and made the balance of the recording last night. When I checked the Web Gui this morning I had only 12 hours uptime.

I have rolled back to a known stable FW. It appears something else is happening with Cisco systems on TWC at least with PKEY2.0.1_F.p.0801 (and that's another thing you can't check without using the diagnostic tab).

So if you are running this FW on TWC with that FW, monitor your uptime (and it looks like you'll have to do it with the Web Gui). This machine had previous scored 25 days with the previous FW and the it restarted for an unknown reason.