Coexistance with SD devices?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
TeddyR

HTPC Specs: Show details

Coexistance with SD devices?

Post by TeddyR » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:21 am

I just purchased a USB infinitv 4 and just wanted to check if there were any currently known issues with ceton drivers/tools coexisting with SD devices or should this go into a different machine...

[This HTPC already has 1xHDHR3-6cc and 2xHDHR-US and an HVR2250 associated with it]
Time is on my side.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:03 pm

We have seen occasional reports of customers having difficulty using the InfiniTV in conjunction with SD devices (in particular the non-prime HDHR), however, it is not something I personally have been able to reproduce, and we also know of many customers using them together.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm running a machine with both a Ceton InfiniTV4 and a SD Prime and two SD HR tuners without issue. On another machine which is just running Ceton InfiniTV (internal and USB) I used to see error messages in the Log where windows couldn't communicate with the HDHR tuners. Just "installing" in media devices (right click install) allowed the communication and windows stopped complaining but the tuners are not in use on that machine.

So there can be subtle things going on with network tuners. One thing to watch for is if you ever ran and ATI DCT there are lurking TA drivers that can cause problems and the service needs to be stopped and prevented from starting with Task Manager.