Any other Satisfied Ceton infiniTV Users?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
pduncan1963

HTPC Specs: Show details

Any other Satisfied Ceton infiniTV Users?

Post by pduncan1963 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:10 am

Seems to be a lot of people on this board busting out Ceton about issues they are having with their Ceton InfiniTV4 tuners. I guess that goes with the old saying no news is good news.

But I personally have no problems with mine at all. It has worked flawlessly since day one. I am running the latest firmware. I think it is a great product for a great price.

Am I the only satisfied customer on this board who is not having any issues? :?:

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:35 pm

no, you're not the only satisfied customer. Product, support--it's a great product.

Plus, Ceton provides a product that serves my preference of an internal unit that doesn't take up any extra space outside the HTPC, doesn't require an extra power brick, and doesn't require extra network cables.

It also gives me four streams with one card. When the six stream unit comes out, I'll put that in and get six streams--with ONE cableCARD, not two.

Ceton has hit a bunch of sweet spots here.

STC

Post by STC » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Without wanting to fan flames, I'm certainly a +1 with the InfiniTV.
Many of the issues you see members reporting are, after some sleuthing, attributed to the individuals' setup, be it the cable company or the members hardware/configuration.
Saying that there was a recent episode over certain InifiniTV's rebooting (mine did not), but that appears to have been fixed with a recent firmware release.

You're always going to hear more from people with issues then you are from the people with fully working rigs no matter what the piece of equipment.

We are fortunate to have the Ceton team join us here on the forum It is very rare in this day and age.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Wolfshadw

Post by Wolfshadw » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Also a satisfied Ceton InfiniTV4 PCI-E user.

The only issue I'm experiencing is a 'Service Not Available" issue. This pops up most times when channel surfing. If the channel does not come in with something like 5 seconds, I get this message. Sometimes, if I press the "Info" button on my MCE Remote Control, the channel will tune. Other times, I will need to go to the next channel and back again (some times more than once) in order for the channel to tune.

-Wolf sends

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:47 pm

I have two of them, a PCIe and a USB unit, no complaints.. It does macroblock every once in awhile.. But its pretty rare. I am 99% satisfied with both units. If they get the macroblocking under control I would be 100%.. It really is a good product with great support.

Sent from my WP7 using Board Express
Last edited by newfiend on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:38 pm

Count me in as a satified user of the Ceton Infinitv4 card. I have 2 of them. I think the only thing that I say that does drive me crazy is getting the "No signal" message.

EmirOfGroofunkistan

Post by EmirOfGroofunkistan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:41 pm

yes, mine (infinitv usb - and hopefully an echo in the near future) has been very good, not perfect, but very good. I had some issues initially setting it up - one turned out to be Comcast's fault, the other was a wireless network card was causing interference with the signal. Since I removed that and hooked up directly to ethernet, it's been great. The support is very good and that goes a long way...

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Overall, I am satisfied with the InfiniTV. It irritates me a bit to see issues like the rebooting issue and the strange single line pixelation issue go unresolved for so long, but it's not such a big deal that I would stop using my InfiniTV or switch to another product.

On the other hand, EPG issues may drive me away from WMC altogether, and in that case, I would have no use for the InfiniTV.

spanner

Post by spanner » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Love mine, Main HTPC plus five extenders. Have had no issue with the ceton card that wasn't my fault. I am interested in replacing some linksys with echos depending on their cost

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:09 am

+1 satisfied pci Ceton customer. I have been running it almost non stop since it's launch. I was on the waiting list for about a year and got one of the first wave units. I record at least 10 shows a day with my wife and four kids. This is watched on ether the main HTPC or the xbox in the kids play room. Works like a champ.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:30 am

Well, I've been bitching and complaining about the "macroblocking issue" lately. Mine looks exactly like the problem that is reported on various threads. However, I have since verified that I have the same problem on the HD HomeRun Prime tuner. I have also verified that it only happens on the TV that is connected directly to the PC. It does not happen on the extenders. This narrows it down to the video card. I am using an nVidia GT-430 card made by Zotac. See my hardware specs for more info. I'm really sorry for bashing Ceton. They did not deserve it.

I am anxious to get more info about this. I'm willing to buy a new video card... but not until I get confirmation from someone else who uses a CableCARD tuner... and does NOT see this problem on a TV that is connected directly to the PC's video adapter. I don't want to replace my whole motherboard and CPU with an Intel Clarkdale and embedded graphics... so I'd like to hear from someone who has a PCIe video card and a CableCARD tuner without the macroblocking issue. Specifically, I'd like to know the video card make, model, GPU, and driver version.

Beradon

Post by Beradon » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:33 am

I'm pretty satisfied with mine, the only issues I've had are the ones I've basically introduced myself through nonstandard installation and messed up configurations.

I do have the macroblocking issue others have mentioned but its not so bad that it bothers me. If it is indeed caused by graphics cards, then the A6-3650's onchip graphics is affected as well.

grinchy

Post by grinchy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:20 am

Very satisified user here for a little over a year now. FYI, I have macroblocking as well though it also happens on my extenders.

carljanderson

Post by carljanderson » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Count me in.

If I have any issue at all, they are minimal. I haven't noticed macroblocking,however I do have some real intermittent (and short) audio dropouts.

joevulture

Post by joevulture » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:47 pm

I have to say that despite the issues that I have had (and am having still - the macroblocking and my USB InfiniTV dropping off the face of the PC every now and then), I have to say that I'm pretty satisfied.

I was having some issues with my video streams dropping out, or being replaced with those for other channels; Ceton worked with Brighthouse to properly configure their system. Can't complain about that level of service.

-- Joe

gpatlanta

Post by gpatlanta » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:08 am

+2 including my wife here. Love my Ceton. Occassional hiccups on tuners not available, but its great.
Greg

Hogues

Post by Hogues » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:13 pm

joevulture wrote:I have to say that despite the issues that I have had, I have to say that I'm pretty satisfied.

-- Joe
That's pretty much how I feel, though the longer the macrobolockig issue goes on, the more frustrated I get and the more I think about switching to SD. That being said, I've had it since the beginning and haven't missed a recording or had any other issues. Love the upgrade/diagnostic tool and their support.

josim

Post by josim » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Happy w/my purchase and would do it again!

Had a few setup issues with Charter (in Greenville, SC) and Ceton assisted to resolve. Had some tuner not available notices but, they lasted less than a minute and recordings happened on schedule. Missed a few recordings which I believe may be due to bad guide data or "operator error". :oops:

I am really glad we have a place here and at AVS to share our experiences and to learn from one another. I think that, sometimes, it may seem the sky is falling as we hear from those that have issues. But, it is important for us to discuss the issue we are having. That is how we find resolutions.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:29 pm

josim wrote:I think that, sometimes, it may seem the sky is falling as we hear from those that have issues.
First world issues. Unimportant.

Just13d

Post by Just13d » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:33 pm

+5 happy here and Ceton support is awesome!!!