Tunning Speed: Ceton USB

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Blamey

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tunning Speed: Ceton USB

Post by Blamey » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:13 pm

While not a major issue I'd like to increase the speed that the tuner takes to change channels. I have a Ceton USB InfiniTV 4. I was wondering what determines the speed that channels take to tune and what are the ways to increase it. Would a hardware upgrade help. Processor, Memory Graphics Card ect. or am I just stuck with it the way it is.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:10 pm

How long does yours take to change channels? Depending on whether or not the channel you're tuning is copy-protected or not... and whether the channel you're trying to tune is using SDV, it takes between 1-5 seconds to tune a channel. If that's how long yours is taking, then it's completely normal and there is nothing you can do about it.

Tuning a ClearQAM channel is faster than tuning an encrypted one. Tuning a channel that requires the Tuning Adapter to get an SDV channel takes even longer.

You might see ClearQAM channels get tuned in 1-2 seconds, encrypted ones that do not require SDV will take 2-4 seconds, and SDV channels can take longer than that.

Blamey

Post by Blamey » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:50 pm

Thanks for the reply. The 1-5 seconds isn't really an issue but i have been looking to upgrade my machine and wanted to know if this would help as it may have affected my decision on what to get.