Cannot Update Firmware on Ceton InfiniTV 4

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Post Reply
Paint

Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cannot Update Firmware on Ceton InfiniTV 4

#1

Post by Paint » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:48 pm

I have had a Ceton InfitiTV 6 installed and working with my Windows 7 x64 machine for years now.

I recently purchased a Ceton Infiti 4 card and successfully installed / activated the card. The card is running an old firmware version (ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_20121024_1_2_2_6.IMAGE) so I tried to update the FW via the web gui for the card. Unfortunately any of the images I have tried fail. I have tried the following firmwares:

ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_14_4_6_21.IMAGE
ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_14_10_3_163.IMAGE
ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_15_1_13_152.IMAGE

Code: Select all

Jan  1 00:29:50 ocur[21]: ocur: firmware_update.cgi get info 5993278
Jan  1 00:29:50 ocur[21]: ocur: firmware_update.cgi open 5993278
Jan  1 00:29:50 ocur[21]: ocur: web update filename ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_15_1_13_152.IMAGE
Jan  1 00:29:55 ocur[21]: ocur: firmware_update.cgi close, got 5993087 bytes
Jan  1 00:29:55 ocur[21]: ocur: Starting update from ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_15_1_13_152.IMAGE (5992942)
Jan  1 00:29:55 ocur[21]: ocur: Built cert store
Jan  1 00:29:55 ocur[21]: ocur: Parsed PKCS7
Jan  1 00:29:55 ocur[21]: ocur: No dp fields specified
Jan  1 00:29:55 ocur[21]: ocur: Got download params
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: Checking signer 1/1
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: Verified signer
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: currentOCUROrganizationName "CableLabs"
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: currentMFGOrganizationName "Ceton Corp."
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: NotAfter: Tue May 22 23:59:59 2018 (0x5b04aeff) UTC
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: NotBefore: Fri May 23 00:00:00 2008 (0x48360900) UTC
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: SigningTime: Tue Jan 13 22:22:54 2015 (0x54b59abe) UTC
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: Signed during validity period
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: Found Mfg signature
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: Verified mfg signature
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: Verify Done.
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: Got valid code image offset
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: board version 17
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: Checking 1 hardware ids
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: This firmware matches our hardware id
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: Firmware version of image 0xf010d98 >= current version 0x1020206, continuing
Jan  1 00:30:15 ocur[21]: ocur: Actual Code Image Size 5991578 (header was 144)
Jan  1 00:30:28 ocur[21]: ocur: Saving signature to "/ceton/rw/ocur/slot_two/sig.dat"
Jan  1 00:30:28 ocur[21]: ocur: WARNING: Failed to write sig, trying again
Jan  1 00:30:28 ocur[21]: ocur: ERROR: Failed to write sig
Jan  1 00:30:28 ocur[21]: ocur: ERROR: Unable to write new firmware
Jan  1 00:30:28 ocur[21]: ocur: ERROR: Failed to write firmware
Jan  1 00:30:28 ocur[21]: ocur: ERROR: Unable to handle image
Jan  1 00:30:28 ocur[21]: ocur: ERROR: Failed
Jan  1 00:30:28 ocur[21]: ocur: WebUpdate done
Any ideas how to fix this? Should I try a different FW?

User avatar
Scallica

Posts: 2588
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: USA!

HTPC Specs: Show details

#2

Post by Scallica » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:04 pm

You can't fix it. The Ceton cards have a crappy NVRAM chip. Once the chip fails, you cannot update the firmware any more. That is why they went out of business. Throw out the Ceton tuner and get a Silicondust HRHomeRun Prime.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Paint

Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#3

Post by Paint » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:19 pm

figured as much. I believe the problem might be because the firmware I have is for the InfiniTV 6. Still looking to get some InfiniTV 4 firmware from anyone who has it. Thanks

DSperber

Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:35 am
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA

HTPC Specs: Show details

#4

Post by DSperber » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:30 pm

My 4 is not currently installed, so I can't tell you what that card was running. But the last firmware file I have for the 4 is ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_20120313_1_1_7_2.IMAGE. So if you have ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_20121024_1_2_2_6.IMAGE in your possession then I believe you surely must have the latest version. It's certainly newer than the 1.1.7.2 firmware file that I have. Unfortunately I may have used the Ceton Diagnostic utility Update tool to get my 4 updated, which may explain why I don't have a newer file as you do. Or perhaps I just decided to stay with 1.1.7.2 which was "stable". Bottom line is I can't currently check to see what firmware/hardware version my 4 was actually at. I would think your 1.2.2.6 could be the latest, but I can't confirm.

But my currently installed InifiniTV6 card is theoretically up-to-date, although I don't have any HW/FW files for it which I manually ran. So it either must have arrived already current or again I may have used Ceton Diagnostic utility Update tool to get the 6 updated (which I don't remember having to do). And my 6 is absolutely running firmware 15.1.13.152 and hardware 6252 according to Ceton Diagnostic. I'm quite sure I checked for any updates early this year when I replaced my 4 with this 6 and the Ceton site was not yet dark, and no updates were found. So if you have a firmware installer file ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_15_1_13_152.IMAGE then surely that's got to be their latest version for the 6, not the 4, which explains why it can't be used for your 4. My 6 is also running 13.6.3.1088 driver package which I'm sure was the latest software available per Ceton Diagnostic before the site went dark. This is also the latest Win7 driver installer file that I have, ceton_infinitv_setup_w7_sp1_13_06_03_1088.exe.

I also have an ETH 6 tuner (acquired a few months back, to replace an up-to-date PCIe 6 card in another HTPC (which I then used to replace my 4 in my other HTPC, discussed above). Again, I checked for FW/HW updates for the ETH before Ceton went dark and there were no updates. It is running 14.10.3.163 firmware and 7359 hardware. And 13.6.3.1088 driver software package. So that must be latest configuration for an ETH. So it looks like the ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_14_10_3_163.IMAGE file you have must be for the ETH, which explains why it can't be used for your 4.

Paint

Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#5

Post by Paint » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:50 pm

DSperber wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:30 pm
My 4 is not currently installed, so I can't tell you what that card was running. But the last firmware file I have for the 4 is ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_20120313_1_1_7_2.IMAGE. So if you have ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_20121024_1_2_2_6.IMAGE in your possession then I believe you surely must have the latest version. It's certainly newer than the 1.1.7.2 firmware file that I have. Unfortunately I may have used the Ceton Diagnostic utility Update tool to get my 4 updated, which may explain why I don't have a newer file as you do. Or perhaps I just decided to stay with 1.1.7.2 which was "stable". Bottom line is I can't currently check to see what firmware/hardware version my 4 was actually at. I would think your 1.2.2.6 could be the latest, but I can't confirm.

But my currently installed InifiniTV6 card is theoretically up-to-date, although I don't have any HW/FW files for it which I manually ran. So it either must have arrived already current or again I may have used Ceton Diagnostic utility Update tool to get the 6 updated (which I don't remember having to do). And my 6 is absolutely running firmware 15.1.13.152 and hardware 6252 according to Ceton Diagnostic. I'm quite sure I checked for any updates early this year when I replaced my 4 with this 6 and the Ceton site was not yet dark, and no updates were found. So if you have a firmware installer file ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_15_1_13_152.IMAGE then surely that's got to be their latest version for the 6, not the 4, which explains why it can't be used for your 4. My 6 is also running 13.6.3.1088 driver package which I'm sure was the latest software available per Ceton Diagnostic before the site went dark. This is also the latest Win7 driver installer file that I have, ceton_infinitv_setup_w7_sp1_13_06_03_1088.exe.

I also have an ETH 6 tuner (acquired a few months back, to replace an up-to-date PCIe 6 card in another HTPC (which I then used to replace my 4 in my other HTPC, discussed above). Again, I checked for FW/HW updates for the ETH before Ceton went dark and there were no updates. It is running 14.10.3.163 firmware and 7359 hardware. And 13.6.3.1088 driver software package. So that must be latest configuration for an ETH. So it looks like the ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_14_10_3_163.IMAGE file you have must be for the ETH, which explains why it can't be used for your 4.
thank you, DSPerber. Unfortunately I dont have any InfiniTV 4 firmwares - the card I have just came with the version I mentioned (ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_20121024_1_2_2_6.IMAGE)

I was looking to have a copy of the various firmwares for future testing, etc.

DSperber

Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:35 am
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA

HTPC Specs: Show details

#6

Post by DSperber » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:00 pm

But as I stated, your 1.2.2.6 firmware is definitely newer than my own 1.1.7.2 firmware file for the 4 (which I downloaded in March 2012). What's wrong with just keeping 1.2.2.6 if your 4 card is working properly as-is? I don't have my old 4 installed in any machine so I can't check its firmware/hardware at this moment.

I believe Ceton stopped posting update files, as they expected you to use the Ceton Diagnostic utility UPDATE function to accomplish hardware/firmware updates using their utility.

I can confirm that my own 6 is running 15.1.13.152 firmware and 6252 hardware. I'm sure that is the latest configuration, although I have NO installer files. So I must have gotten there through the Ceton Diagnostic utility UPDATE. But this must be the latest setup for the 6.

Similarly, I can confirm that my own ETH is running 14.10.3.163 firmware and 7359 hardware, which again I'm sure is the latest configuration. Again, I have NO installer files, so either the ETH must have arrived that way or again I must have used the Ceton Diagnostic utility UPDATE. And again this must be the latest setup for the ETH.

Dkeyguy1

Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:38 pm
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#7

Post by Dkeyguy1 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:39 am

I have multiple versions of firmware for both the infinitv 4 & infinitv 6, the latest stable in my cards (3 of the 4s all together) is 1.2.2.6 ; ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_20121024_1_2_2_6
And in the 6, ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_15_1_13_152
Before I went to running the Homeruns, I was kind of fanatical about "topping them off"

Paint

Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#8

Post by Paint » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:55 am

Dkeyguy1 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:39 am
I have multiple versions of firmware for both the infinitv 4 & infinitv 6, the latest stable in my cards (3 of the 4s all together) is 1.2.2.6 ; ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_20121024_1_2_2_6
And in the 6, ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_15_1_13_152
Before I went to running the Homeruns, I was kind of fanatical about "topping them off"
Please share

User avatar
newfiend

Posts: 2502
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Earth

HTPC Specs: Show details

#9

Post by newfiend » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:24 am

Here is a link to my OneDrive with Ceton Firmwares and Drivers/Software. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aoj9ycfk0K8IoIZdd0u ... g?e=SuN0nb
Hope it helps. Use at your own risk.
newfiend~

DSperber

Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:35 am
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA

HTPC Specs: Show details

#10

Post by DSperber » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:27 am

Thank you for this repository.

In passing, I mention that there is a newer version of MyMediaCenter than the one you have provided. You've got ceton_my_media_center_setup_w7_13_11_29_1381.exe, and I have a later version ceton_my_media_center_setup_w7_14_02_20_0821.exe (which I retrieved 2/26/2017, although it might have been made available before then).

I really don't know what they might have updated but if you'd like to have that file PM me with your email address and I'll send you the URL.

Paint

Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 am
Location:

HTPC Specs: Show details

#11

Post by Paint » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:59 pm

newfiend wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:24 am
Here is a link to my OneDrive with Ceton Firmwares and Drivers/Software. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aoj9ycfk0K8IoIZdd0u ... g?e=SuN0nb
Hope it helps. Use at your own risk.
newfiend~
thank you!

User avatar
newfiend

Posts: 2502
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Earth

HTPC Specs: Show details

#12

Post by newfiend » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:56 pm

DSperber wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:27 am
Thank you for this repository.

In passing, I mention that there is a newer version of MyMediaCenter than the one you have provided. You've got ceton_my_media_center_setup_w7_13_11_29_1381.exe, and I have a later version ceton_my_media_center_setup_w7_14_02_20_0821.exe (which I retrieved 2/26/2017, although it might have been made available before then).

I really don't know what they might have updated but if you'd like to have that file PM me with your email address and I'll send you the URL.
PM sent. Thanks!

User avatar
newfiend

Posts: 2502
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 pm
Location: Earth

HTPC Specs: Show details

#13

Post by newfiend » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:39 am

DSperber wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:27 am
Thank you for this repository.

In passing, I mention that there is a newer version of MyMediaCenter than the one you have provided. You've got ceton_my_media_center_setup_w7_13_11_29_1381.exe, and I have a later version ceton_my_media_center_setup_w7_14_02_20_0821.exe (which I retrieved 2/26/2017, although it might have been made available before then).

I really don't know what they might have updated but if you'd like to have that file PM me with your email address and I'll send you the URL.
Thank you for the Downloads. I didn't notice until I DL your MMC update that I already had it in my backup file on my HTPC of software I keep... Not sure why/how I missed uploading that one file but :wtf:
At any rate I updated my repository on the OneDrive so it is there as well as the Digital Cable Adviser Workaround you sent me. Thanks for that as well. Hopefully it helps a few people that may need these files or want to make backups of them for themselves. Appreciate you helping. Thanks!
newfiend~

Post Reply