InfiniTV 6 Ethernet on Spectrum?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
DSperber

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by DSperber » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:06 pm

madhatman wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:52 pmI too am in Spectrum-SoCal. I also have the same issue with ETH 6 "waiting for channel map".
Just for reference, I am Spectrum SoCal (Marina Del Rey, 90292), which is Digital Hollywood/Westchester. The tuning adapter is a Motorola MTR-700 and the cablecard is also a Motorola cablecard.

I have a Ceton Ethernet with 6 tuners, and it works perfectly. So for your reference I will post pictures of my situation.

Most importantly, it is on my LAN with a DHCP-assigned IP address of 192.168.1.10 (gateway router is 192.168.1.1). But the Ceton Ethernet is a static IP address of 192.168.200.1. This is the same static IP address used by the internal Ceton PCIe 4-tuner/6-tuner cards. Each of the six tuners is accessed via 192.168.200.2, ports 8000, 8001, 8002, ..., 8005. I have two HTPC's, one with an internal Ceton 6-tuner PCI-e card and the other with this Ceton Ethernet 6-tuner box (which used to instead have an internal PCIe 6-runer card), and before that I was using 4-tuner original cards.

I have never seen any Ceton tuner with a static IP address of anything other than 192.168.200.1, and this was automatically configured by the driver and software install, not by me. So I cannot understand how a static IP address of 192.168.100.101 can get configured. Intuitively I have a suspicion this has something to do with the "waiting for channel map" symptom, and inability to load it properly.

Also, note the firmware on my Ceton Ethernet: ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_14_10_3_163.IMAGE. I believe this is current for the Ethernet tuner box.
In contrast, the firmware on my Ceton PCIe 6-tuner card is: ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_15_1_13_152.IMAGE which I believe is current for the PCIe tuner card.
I don't believe you can use the PCIe tuner firmware on the ethernet box, but don't hold me to it. Nevertheless, I simply report my own status... which works fine on both HTPC's, one using internal PCIe card and the other using ethernet tuner.

So, here are my pictures.

(1) Web - system

(2) Web - network settings

(3) Web - tuning adapter

Last edited by DSperber on Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:06 pm

(4) Web - tuning adapter network diagnostics - downstream status

(5) Web - tuning adapter network diagnostics - SDV status

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:07 pm

(6) Web tuner 1 - tuned to channel 203 (via QAM, not SDV)

(7) Web tuner 1 - tuned to channel 511 (via SDV)

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:26 pm

(8) Diagnostic utility - main InfiniTV for Ethernet tuner

(9) Diagnostic utility - main InfinitiTV for PCIe tuner

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:37 pm

(10) Diagnostic utility ethernet tuner - cablecard items 1-4

(11) Diagnostic utility ethernet tuner - cablecard items 5-10

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:42 pm

DSperber wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:06 pm Also, note the firmware on my Ceton Ethernet: ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_14_10_3_163.IMAGE. I believe this is current for the Ethernet tuner box.
In contrast, the firmware on my Ceton PCIe 6-tuner card is: ceton_infinitv_beta_fw_15_1_13_152.IMAGE which I believe is current for the PCIe tuner card.
I don't believe you can use the PCIe tuner firmware on the ethernet box, but don't hold me to it. Nevertheless, I simply report my own status... which works fine on both HTPC's, one using internal PCIe card and the other using ethernet tuner.
IF you hadn't checked 'Include beta updates' in the 'Update' tab of 'Ceton Diagnostics' tool, you never would have seen this release... 5 yrs. ago.

viewtopic.php?p=84555#p84555

cats22 wrote:
Is this firmware suitable for the InfiniTV 6 eth? Previously the infinitv 6 had different firmware from other models.

erkotz (Ceton) responded:
The InfiniTV 6 ETH uses the same firmware as other InfiniTV products.

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:04 pm

I only bought my InfiniTV 6 ETH earlier this year, when I was working on my research project regarding running WMC in a Win7-VM (VMWare Workstation Player) inside a Win10 host machine. Until then I'd only owned InfiniTV 4/6 PCIe cards. The ETH tuner solved an issue I had with WMC running in Win7-VM being unable to use the Ceton PCIe card because the driver wasn't usable in Win7-VM. The use of the ETH tuner instead eliminated the problem completely because the ETH tuner (on the LAN) is designed to be visible as a network device, and is completely visible inside Win7-VM. So that solved every problem for me.

However I didn't know that the 15.1.13.152 firmware in use on my PCIe cards was actually also usable directly on the ETH tuner. But after purchasing my ETH tuner earlier this year and then looking for any available firmware update, normal or beta, I was told by the diagnostic utility that there was none. So I left it at that. And apparently the previous owner of this ETH tuner had not updated it beyond the original 14.10.3.163 which is currently in it, and told me it was working perfectly for him.

Anyway, everything's running fine and problem-free for me just as it is. I'm not about to tamper with success, certainly not for no good reason. But it's interesting to learn that the firmware works on all versions of the Ceton devices.

I only pointed to the firmware version difference as something I noticed, trying to contribute any ideas to the issue being discussed, which is the failure to download the channel map from Spectrum. And notice from my screenshots that I only get 1 channel map (not multiples), which has 925 or so channels. This may be due to the Motorola infrastructure used by Spectrum (i.e. inherited from TWC and the series of previous cable companies in my area).

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:25 pm

I don't think ANY updates are available via the diag app anymore (my point), but the Ceton links @TGB still seem to be active. I do agree... if it ain't broke...