InfiniTV 6 Ethernet on Spectrum?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
DSperber

HTPC Specs: Show details

Re: InfiniTV 6 Ethernet on Spectrum?

Post by DSperber » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:36 pm

d00zah wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:07 pm
Most router FWs that support static assignments stipulate the IPs be outside the normal DHCP range. It appears that MAY have been your issue.
No, you can do a "reserve" for any IP address that's either (a) not currently in use, or (b) currently in use by the device you want to assign it to. The low/high range for DHCP dynamic assignments limits what the router can assign, but address reservation if not prevented from gobbling up any one or more of those addresses within the DHCP range. They will simply be "reserved" for a known MAC address/device, and not dynamically given out to some other device even though they are inside of the specified low/high DHCP range.
That said, it's a wise approach I've employed (with a permanent lease) on my network for years, as it's easier to recover a device already configured to get its IP via DHCP. The default '192.168.200.2' is intended, IIRC, as a fail-safe when nothing else works.
I don't follow what you're saying. 192.168.200.1 is the IP address of the ETH tuner or PCIe card, and the address you'd place in the URL address of a browser in order to "talk to the card". The tuners have their own address which is 192.168.200.2 (for all 4/6 of them, somehow), which is shown on the "tuner" tab for each of the tuners. In my understanding, the "card" is like a "router for the tuners".

These addresses have nothing to do with the real LAN network router, e.g. my 192.168.1.1, as well as all the rest of network devices connected wired or wireless and which get an IP address of 192.168.2-254, either via DHCP or manual static IP reservation/assignment.
If the network config is in question, the Ceton Diags tool has a 'Reset Network' radio button on the 'Devices' tab to set everything back to factory defaults. I'm undecided on whether it'd have any bearing on the problem, but in the absence of alternatives, WTF? Just reboot the ETH6 after the reset.
Reasonable idea. Why not give it a try? The drivers should be able to figure it all out.

mls001

Post by mls001 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:04 pm

Sorry my explanation of the dedicated network configuration wasn’t clearer.

I followed your recommendation and reset the ETH-6 to use DHCP instead of the special static IP address. This pretty much matches your configuration, although I didn’t bother to reserve a specific IP address for the tuner.

Via the Network Settings (under Systems) I clicked DHCP Client and Set Network. The Static IP is now greyed out. After this I:

• Power cycled both the ETH-6 and the associated DTA
• Reset Network Settings
• Power cycled both the ETH-6 and the associated DTA (per your suggestion)
• Discover Tuners
• Restart HTPC (Power down/up)

You can see from the display below that the ETH-6 tuner is using a different IP address than before. This IP address is on the same subnet as the HTPC. Here’s a print of the Network Settings screen (after the above actions have been completed).

After all of this, I still have the same problem with the Waiting for Channel Map and the log showing the length errors while attempting to process the channel map.

Truthfully, I don’t think that the ethernet network could have any bearing on the channel map being corrupted. It’s my understanding that the channel map is sent across the coax by Spectrum directly to the tuner. I could be wrong, but I don’t believe that the HTPC itself does any processing of the channel map. I think that’s all outboard and contained in the tuner/cable card/DTA environment.

Unless you have some other idea, I think the next step would be for me to compare my logs, line-by-line, with a log from a working ETH-6.

Would you be willing to post the first 45 seconds of your log after you next reboot your ETH-6?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:31 am

20190902_002708.jpg
have you tried this reset

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:09 pm

mls001 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:04 pm
Unless you have some other idea, I think the next step would be for me to compare my logs, line-by-line, with a log from a working ETH-6.

Would you be willing to post the first 45 seconds of your log after you next reboot your ETH-6?
I have no problem providing a portion of my log after duplicating the steps you enumerated.

Tell me again WHERE the log is and what its file name is?

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:26 pm

mls001 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:04 pm
Eth6BootLog.zip
(7.7 KiB) Downloaded 7 times