Ceton Companion now AVAILABLE!

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Diverge

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Diverge » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:11 am

You guys should read that setup PDF if you haven't. it says you can add other libraries of movies, but you need them in a certain structure. I haven't added my library because they all aren't in separate folders. But it's show my recordings.

amador

Post by amador » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:18 am

Android ginger bread app
Remote control function not working
Recorded shows play function not working

tad

Post by tad » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:23 am

Diverge wrote:You guys should read that setup PDF if you haven't. it says you can add other libraries of movies, but you need them in a certain structure. I haven't added my library because they all aren't in separate folders. But it's show my recordings.

I don't have any movies other than those I recorded from TV. So, to be clear, you have no folders specified in the Libraries section of the server software, but your recorded movies ARE properly showing in your movie gallery?

EDIT: I see there is a support forum, so I have posted this inquiry in that subforum.

Oldmajor

Post by Oldmajor » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:10 am

What happened to the Windows Phone App? I thought that Android and WP were done, any you guys were just waiting for ios?

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:32 am

SilverRubicon wrote:*Why does the guide list channels that I don't receive? **Why does it not list my recordings in Recorded Television but it does in the Gallery? Why does it trim the last letter off of the name of my mediacenter (mediacente) in the title? **Why does the home page show no upcoming recordings when Scheduled Recordings shows Louie this Thursday?

The issue with listing the 'channels I don't receive in the guide' is a rather large oversight. This doesn't feel like a finished product.

*Disabling channels within MCE and resetting the cache on the Companion App solved my guide issues. I use favorite lists on my media center rather than keep my channels up to date.
**Removing all TV folders from the Companion Config corrected my recordings issues.
I saw your update. Yeah we do plan on a "favorites" list in the future, but no ETA. I am glad you got it working.

It trims off your media centers name to 10 characters because that is what fits in the bottom tab in iOS (sorry best we could do or else it runs ont)

As for some of the activity on home screen give it a refresh.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

KFish

Post by KFish » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:39 am

Oldmajor wrote:What happened to the Windows Phone App? I thought that Android and WP were done, any you guys were just waiting for ios?
I'm also waiting for the Windows Phone App. I think the app is done. Just waiting for Microsoft to make it available for download.

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:32 am

Yep i keep refreshing the page that it should load on soon.... they say up to 24 hours... and it has been about 14.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

luv2chill

Post by luv2chill » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:44 am

Really excited it launched. I was never able to test the iOS app due to limited beta slots but did test the android beta.

Downloaded the iOS release straight away and uninstalled the beta services from my WMC machine and installed the latest version. As awesome as the app is I am disappointed that the remote function for extender sessions still doesn't work (at least I can't get it to work and I saw another post from someone else here who echoed the same thing).

I believe in Ceton and am tremendously appreciative that they believe in this platform so I'm not all that worried at this point. I was a beta tester but happily ponied up $5 (which is a pittance when you really think about it) to show my support, but without remote functionality for extender sessions the app isn't of much use to me since I run WMC as a VM and interact with it solely via extenders.

motz I know you've commented on the beta forums in the beginning about how the remote extender functionality isn't working but I would like to see you commit to getting it working and provide a time frame before working on new features. The worst part is that the app presents it to you as if it will work but then it doesn't--this was not a huge deal in the beta but I'm surprised the release version is unchanged. Since it has never worked it may have been for the best to not even show the extender sessions in the remote screen so people don't waste their time thinking it's supposed to work.

Regardless, congrats on releasing this! I know it's the result of a lot of hard work and I'm so glad to see Ceton continue to put resources into WMC. Please just don't forget about those of us who care about remote functionality for extenders--there are dozens of us---dozens!

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:04 am

Thanks for the support!

Remote will be fixed tonight/tomorrow morning. We already have it tested and working, just working on a few more bug fixes.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Diverge

Post by Diverge » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:18 am

In the future will the services have the ability to display a UI from a web browser?

I think that would come in handy as well.

KFish

Post by KFish » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:43 pm

Motz wrote:Yep i keep refreshing the page that it should load on soon.... they say up to 24 hours... and it has been about 14.
Boy Oh Boy. Microsoft is really making us wait till this last minute for the Windows Phone App. :yawn:

meoge

Post by meoge » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:38 pm

Diverge wrote:In the future will the services have the ability to display a UI from a web browser?

I think that would come in handy as well.
I second this. It's the one thing missing that remote potato offered. I'm on a computer much more than a smart phone and it's nice to be able to use a mouse and keyboard to schedule recordings in advance.

amador

Post by amador » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:41 pm

i rebooted the pc and the remote function began to work. Cant wait for a windows 8 app

ashoupy

Post by ashoupy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:43 pm

I downloaded the app to my Android tablet and phone and it's great! There is one small thing I have noticed so far. In the remote, pressing the "Up" button causes WMC to to up 2 items instead of 1. Other than that, awesome app! Completely worth $5.

Rew452

Post by Rew452 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:49 pm

Very Nice so far!
Realy Kool.

But Why no keypad under the remote? Seems like it should have one.

Rew

mikinho

Post by mikinho » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:37 pm

tad wrote:I'm sure I'm probably missing something basic, but what do I need to do to get recorded movies (in the recorded TV folder) to appear in the Gallery under the Movies tab? I've purchased both the iOS version and the Android version, but neither shows my recorded movies. The only way I can see the movies recorded from TV is by changing the filter in the Recorded TV filter to show movies.

Can someone clue me in to what I'm missing?

So far, the rest of the app is working fairly well. The virtual remote stopped working after a little while, but I think it's a problem with the server and expect a restart will fix it.
Open Ceton Companion Config -> About and you should see an update. Download, install and if you have Extenders connected reboot. Let us know if that fixes your issue(s)

globalcop

Post by globalcop » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:09 pm

After installing the upgrade (to resolve Xbox extender problem) I now have no shows under "recorded TV." This includes shows that I recorded after installing the companion on the WMC (I even used the app to set the recording). I've rebooted and still no fix. Any ideas?

Update: It is now also failing to show "Scheduled recordings" even though that was working a few minutes ago.

P.S. The update did resolve the extender problem. Xbox working fine with apps now, except for not showing any of my recorded shows.
Last edited by globalcop on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pduncan1963

Post by pduncan1963 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Please excuse me if this has been asked already, but I dont' see the question anywhere else.

Is there the ability to access the Ceton Companion from a remote computer's web browser via the internet?

mikinho

Post by mikinho » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:23 pm

globalcop wrote:After installing the upgrade (to resolve Xbox extender problem) I now have no shows under "recorded TV." This includes shows that I recorded after installing the companion on the WMC (I even used the app to set the recording). I've rebooted and still no fix. Any ideas?

P.S. The update did resolve the extender problem. Xbox working fine with apps now, except for not showing any of my recorded shows.
We are investigating now, give me an hour or two for an update.

pduncan1963

Post by pduncan1963 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:26 pm

Looks like the Windows Phone 7 app is live, but it doesn't come up when searched.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/ ... d4c5e728c3