STB Tuner List with MCE

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
Kick4U

HTPC Specs: Show details

STB Tuner List with MCE

Post by Kick4U » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:56 pm

I'm about to test a few tuners/capture cards to upgrade from my outdated ATI WinTV 650 USB tuner. I just ordered an AverTV H727 and hope the HDMI input will work within MCE. FYI, I'm not using the program guide, since I'm only recording the hdmi based on a fixed time slot everyday.

I'm going to use this thread to document my trials for others. I'm also going to add other tuners that I find throughout this forum and online to consolidate this information as much as I can. Any help would be great if you'd like to share your set-top-box tuner experience within Media Center Edition. I'm leaving CableCard tuners off, since the consensus is that HDHomeRun works fantastic for that.

S-Video/Composite:
ATI TV Wonder HD 650 Combo USB PC TV Tuner
Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR High Definition Personal Video Recorder

Component:
Hauppauge Colossus PCI Express Internal HD-PVR
Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR High Definition Personal Video Recorder

HDMI:

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:47 pm

I'm interested in this. I have been wondering how well I could integrate HDMI sources like a chromecast, or xbox one into MCE for the sake of convenience. I always wondered if there was a HDMI capture card that would show up as a tuner, and let me add HDMI video sources to a user created channel in the guide. If you use WMC in video capture mode, I'm not sure if you can add a Cablecard or OTA tuner as well, and have channels for both appear in the guide. Good luck.

Kick4U

Post by Kick4U » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:22 am

S-Video/Composite:
Adding AVerMedia H727E 2D AVerTV H727 CaptureHD Ver. D C027 Ver. A